Windows 10: Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display Flickers and Freezes

Discus and support Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display Flickers and Freezes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I have a Acer Predator Helios 300 2018 model with gtx 1060 and i7 7850H. My laptop has been running fine untill recently. For couple of weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Saksham Shrivastava, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display Flickers and Freezes

Hello,I have a Acer Predator Helios 300 2018 model with gtx 1060 and i7 7850H. My laptop has been running fine untill recently. For couple of weeks when ever I play any games Currently playing Metro Exodus non RTX after 5 min screen flickers and my pc freezes. I have to hard restart the laptop after that. Sometimes it does it immediately after I restart. I have fooled around with under volting but I reset everything about a year ago. I have also used Intel XTU and TS. Event viewer shows that It has something to do with XTU but I uninstalled it about year ago and have clean installed my windo

:)

Saksham Shrivastava, Feb 27, 2024

2. Kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD in Windows 10

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• When did the BSOD screen appeared?

• Have you made any changes in settings or installed any third party software prior to the issue?

I would suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Babu V
    in the link below and check if it helps:

How to troubleshoot blue screen
    errors in Windows 10

For more information regarding this error code, you can refer to the link below:

Bug Check 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Check if it helps.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Display flickering in Windows 10

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with display on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ incompatible/ outdated display drivers, try the below and check if it helps.

As updating the drivers couldn't resolve the issue, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the display drivers in safe mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to place the computer in Safe mode with Networking.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in
    Windows 10

Step 2: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click on the
      Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.
    Also refer: How to: Install and Update driversin Windows 10

Step 3: Place the computer in normal mode and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

For more information refer to: Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10 for
    flickering screen.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display Flickers and Freezes

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display Flickers and Freezes

1. Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display Flickers and Freezes - Similar Threads - Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display

2. Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display Flickers and Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display Flickers and Freezes: Hello,I have a Acer Predator Helios 300 2018 model with gtx 1060 and i7 7850H. My laptop has been running fine untill recently. For couple of weeks when ever I play any games Currently playing Metro Exodus non RTX after 5 min screen flickers and my pc freezes. I have to hard...
  3. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Ive had this BSOD around 6 times in the past 3 days, heres the minidump https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArnFtpjfZMHco2iG_4YOhcEX6Kyw please help me, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-kmodeexceptionnothandled/c6ba6fb5-0820-47db-9535-c7f20f641f64
  4. BSOD Kmode_Exception_Not_handled

BSOD Kmode_Exception_Not_handled: It keeps happening over and over. I can't even post here to get help before it happens again. What do I do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-kmodeexceptionnothandled/e162b851-79bd-435e-be3d-0c7a54168a2b
  5. BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled: I am experiencing repeated BSOD errors with the stop code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and it says that dxgmms2.sys is what failed. I have attached a zip file from the log collector via instruction on this forum. DESKTOP-08U62TS-(2020-06-03_10-48-12).zip I hope I uploaded...
  6. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Ah yes, the blue screen of death. The last time I saw this beast was when i accidentally updated my BIOS. Very nasty. I don't know when it started. Basically, around 7 minutes after the computer turns on and I login in, regardless of what i'm doing, the blue screen pops. Not...
  7. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi, my pc crashed today with the error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED It is not the first time it happened, I had one 12 days ago and I thought my pc was ok after:...
  8. BSoD's - IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and random freezing

BSoD's - IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and random freezing: (I put this in drivers section on accident before) I keep getting BSoD's, mostly the two listed in the title. This has been happening for months, and it's getting on my nerves. It happens at least twice a day. I have updated/ rolled back every driver, tested every component...
  9. Bsod: Kmode_exception_not_handled

Bsod: Kmode_exception_not_handled: Been recently encountering BSoDs with KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED when gaming, specifically the open beta of Monster Hunter Online. Happens after around 2 hours or so. Doesn't happen with other games and has not happened before. Attached my minidump and required...
  10. BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled: Today I was playing left 4 dead 2 and suddenly got a BSOD with the following message: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I immediately used dm_log_collector hoping it would help resolve the issue. I had a previous BSOD long time ago but it was different and never had it again and...