Windows 10: Kmode_exception_not_handled bsod

Discus and support Kmode_exception_not_handled bsod in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, This is my first post in this forum. I have a problem with multiple BSODs on my computer. I tried to solve the first couple of BSODs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatrikK, Jun 30, 2016.

1. PatrikK Win User

Kmode_exception_not_handled bsod

Hi everyone,
    This is my first post in this forum.
    I have a problem with multiple BSODs on my computer.
    I tried to solve the first couple of BSODs but with no luck at all.
    I then decided to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer but the BSODs kept coming.

The first one was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (nvlddmkm.sys). Unfortunately I don't have a dump file from this crash because i forgot to configure the dump file.

I tried to reinstall my Nvidia drivers using DDU and install the latest drivers from Nvidias site.
    In blue screen viewer I can see that TCPIP.sys i also mentioned.

I have also tried to run sfc /scannow and there was some problems that couldn't be fixed.
    I then used the dism tool to repair it with a windows image.

After this the computer work for a day or two and it blue screen again.
    This time it said KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and i then watch in the "WhoCrashed" program and ut said the source was ntkrnlmp.exe.
    On internet some people said that this was solved by removing Hyper-V switches.
    So I decided to remove Hyper-V from my computer (Awful software).

It worked again for a day or two and then it crashed again with the message KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and the source was: tcpip.sys.
    But blue screen viewer says the source is nvlddmkm.sys.

I'm really starting to think this is a hardware issue but I hope it's a bad driver.
    I hope some i this forum can help me with this issue I've attached the Zip file as requested.

Thanks in advance and excuse me if my English is bad.

:)

PatrikK, Jun 30, 2016

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(RTKVDHA.sys)

my computer frequently started to have a new BSOD. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(RTKVDHA.sys). can you help me solve this problem?

Bhaswata Choudhury, Jun 30, 2016
  3. BSOD system_service_exception Windows 10 + DMP files

Thank you for your prompt reply. I ran malewarebytes and nothing was found. Interestingly I encountered too other BSOD !!! KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and system_thread_exception_not_handled. I actually got this device last week and all these BSODs!!!

AlirezaArab, Jun 30, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The 7/1 dump inedicates a problem with nvlddmkm.sys and RTKVHD64.sys
    Code: fffff801`7ea78058 fffff801`0092987aUnable to load image nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x987a[/quote] nvlddmkm.sys is part of the driver for your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970.

Code: fffff801`7ea79020 fffff801`00000000Unable to load image RTKVHD64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RTKVHD64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RTKVHD64.sys RTKVHD64+0x50000[/quote] RTKVHD64.sys is part of the driver for Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio).

You have the latest driver for both of these:

0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
    start end module name
    fffff801`00920000 fffff801`01655000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
    Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
    Image path: nvlddmkm.sys
    Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
    Timestamp: Thu Jun 02 23:11:28 2016 (5750F560)
    CheckSum: 00CEE995
    ImageSize: 00D35000
    Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

0: kd> lmvm RTKVHD64
    start end module name
    fffff800`fffb0000 fffff801`004ad000 RTKVHD64 T (no symbols)
    Loaded symbol image file: RTKVHD64.sys
    Image path: RTKVHD64.sys
    Image name: RTKVHD64.sys
    Timestamp: Tue Apr 26 07:58:01 2016 (571F57C9)
    CheckSum: 004D28BB
    ImageSize: 004FD000
    Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

Try some of the older Nvidia drivers: Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

Attachment 87811

Alternatively, try Driver Verifier:

Driver Verifier is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Jul 1, 2016
  5. PatrikK Win User
    Hey Ztruker,
    Thanks for the answer.
    I've followed the guide to activate driver verifier.
    So far the computer has not BSODed but I will bee running it for max 48 hours.
    I will post a new dump file as soon as the computer fails again.

If i remember correctly the Nvidia driver 368.22 ran without any BSOD on the computer.
    Should I wait for Driver verifier to generate a BSOD first or should I just go ahead and install the driver with DDU?

PatrikK, Jul 1, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Yes, please wait until you have finished with DV. If we don't find anything then try the 368.22 driver.

Ztruker, Jul 1, 2016
  7. PatrikK Win User
    Yea sure. Still waiting for the BSOD.
    Right now i got a uptime of about 10 hours.
    I'll check back as soon as a got any update.

PatrikK, Jul 1, 2016
  8. PatrikK Win User

Hi again,
    Today when i booted up the computer it BSODed again.
    This time with the message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
    I checked who crashed and saw that the source was mbfilt64.sys.
    according to google that's a part of Creative Audio Driver.

I have Creative Sound blaster Cinema 2 installed that came with the audio drivers.
    Should i try to uninstall it or can you check the dump file to see if thats the cause or if it's something else?

I have attached the dump file to this post.

PatrikK, Jul 3, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Dump definitely points to MBfilt64.sys. It's quite old:
    Code: kd> lmvm MBfilt64 start end module name fffff801`b1470000 fffff801`b147e000 MBfilt64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: MBfilt64.sys Image path: MBfilt64.sys Image name: MBfilt64.sys Timestamp: Thu Jul 30 23:40:32 2009 (4A7267B0) CheckSum: 0000BE1C ImageSize: 0000E000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Definitely uninstall anything from Creative, see if that helps.

Ztruker, Jul 4, 2016
  10. PatrikK Win User
    Yes, I've uninstalled the Creative software and also disabled driver verifier now.
    It's been active for over 40 hours now.
    I'll use my computer as much as possible and if no BSOD has appeared by fri/sat I'll take that as the problem been resolved.

And again thank you so much for your help. *Biggrin

PatrikK, Jul 4, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    You're welcome. Looking forward to some good news at the end of the week.

Ztruker, Jul 5, 2016
  12. PatrikK Win User
    So my Computer been running fine until today sadly when yet again it blue screened.
    But this time i can't get any useful information from whocrashed or blue screen viewer.
    I've attached the dump file if you will be so kind to look at it again.

This time the programs only says ntoskrnl.exe is the cause.
    The bsod message was the same as the last blue screen "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".

PatrikK, Jul 9, 2016
  13. Ztruker Win User

There are some things we can try to see if we can identify another reason for the BSOD.

===================================================
    Follow this tutorial to stress test your CPU:
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

====================================================
    Follow this tutorials to stress test your GPU:
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

If you have a AMD APU instead of a discreet GPU, try UNIGINE 3D Benchmark

And you can try running Driver Verifier again.

Ztruker, Jul 10, 2016
  14. PatrikK Win User
    Hey again,
    So I ran Prime95 for like 12 hours without any BSOD.
    I also ran Furmark for like 7 hours without any error. I couldn't see any strange artefact or anything like that.
    And today when I got home from work and started up the system I got another BSOD.
    This time it said KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (NTFS.sys).

I've attached the dump file to this post.
    I'll start another round of driver verifier tonight.

PatrikK, Jul 11, 2016
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Nothing useful in the dump.

I did notice MBfilt64.sys is still there and still old: MBfilt64 MBfilt64.sys Thu Jul 30 23:40:32 2009

Please run DM_Log_collector again and upload the zip file.

Ztruker, Jul 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Kmode_exception_not_handled bsod - Similar Threads - Kmode_exception_not_handled bsod

2. BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...: Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help in diagnosing my computer. Last month I posted here as well that my computer was crashing. A user helped read through my dump file and found as my Shure device causing issues. After uninstalling that program my computer seemed to be...
  3. BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...: Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help in diagnosing my computer. Last month I posted here as well that my computer was crashing. A user helped read through my dump file and found as my Shure device causing issues. After uninstalling that program my computer seemed to be...
  4. Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...: Hello all,This PC has recently been built about a month ago, but has had blue screens up the wazoo. I've went through multiple threads trying to troubleshoot to no avail. And so I want to ask directly if anyone can assist me in getting rid of it. I've tried memory diagnostic...
  5. Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...

Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...: Hello all,This PC has recently been built about a month ago, but has had blue screens up the wazoo. I've went through multiple threads trying to troubleshoot to no avail. And so I want to ask directly if anyone can assist me in getting rid of it. I've tried memory diagnostic...
  6. Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...: I've been getting these BSOD errors every hour almost, I believe it's caused by AMD Chipset Drivers but I'm not sure because I don't really know how to read minidump files. I also tried fresh installing windows previously had win 11, now on win 10. Below is a link for the...
  8. Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...: I've been getting these BSOD errors every hour almost, I believe it's caused by AMD Chipset Drivers but I'm not sure because I don't really know how to read minidump files. I also tried fresh installing windows previously had win 11, now on win 10. Below is a link for the...
  9. Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...

10. Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display Flickers and Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display Flickers and Freezes: Hello,I have a Acer Predator Helios 300 2018 model with gtx 1060 and i7 7850H. My laptop has been running fine untill recently. For couple of weeks when ever I play any games Currently playing Metro Exodus non RTX after 5 min screen flickers and my pc freezes. I have to hard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bc random bsod when audio drivers instaled