Windows 10: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (ETD.sys) Error

Discus and support KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (ETD.sys) Error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Ten Forums, From past couple of days i faced an issue KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (ETD.sys) error and it restarts, after restart most of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cyberworld, Jul 18, 2016.

1. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (ETD.sys) Error

Hi Ten Forums,

From past couple of days i faced an issue KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (ETD.sys) error and it restarts, after restart most of my installed software will be missing, almost will be like new user profile it look likes.

Need Any info i will provide.
    Windows 10pro 64bit

Please help me in resolving this issue.

:)

cyberworld, Jul 18, 2016
  2. auggy Win User

Windows 10 BlueScreens on HP Probook X360 11 G1 EE

The etd.sys appears to cause the error:

BugCheck D1, {1400000015, 7, 8, 1400000015}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ETD.sys

Probably caused by : ETD.sys ( ETD+26c2f )

The etd.sys appears to be an Elan touchpad driver so try installing the latest touchpad driver available from HP for the Probook which may be version 18.2.2.1 Rev.A .

If that is the version presently installed post back.

auggy, Jul 18, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    Bluescreen error encountered

The minidump file showed a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) stop error that appears to have been caused by EDT.sys:

BugCheck 3B, {c0000094, fffff8090d4f9110, ffffc681df368b50, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ETD.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for
    ETD.sys

As the ETD.sys is an ELAN touchpad driver try updating the Elan touchpad driver:

Products :: laptops and netbooks :: 300 series :: 310 15isk :: downloads :: ds112631 contentdetail

auggy, Jul 18, 2016
Thema:

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (ETD.sys) Error

1. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (ETD.sys) Error - Similar Threads - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ETD sys

2. Error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Netwtw04.sys after updating to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Netwtw04.sys after updating to Windows 11: An error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Netwtw04.sys occurs when turning on the laptop after updating to Windows 11. I have an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 network adapter, driver version 19.51.42.2. Disabling fastboot solved the problem, but when you turn it back on, the...
  3. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys: This is from a Windows 7 x64 computer. Here is the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnfbyCD08-hshFE2-MCxFx-on8Tn?e=a4B5q0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmodeexceptionnothandled-ntoskrnlexe-wdf01000sys/de7e5419-9e26-4c34-a906-faba0082260d
  4. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys: This is from a Windows 7 x64 computer. Here is the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnfbyCD08-hshFE2-MCxFx-on8Tn?e=a4B5q0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmodeexceptionnothandled-ntoskrnlexe-wdf01000sys/de7e5419-9e26-4c34-a906-faba0082260d
  5. Etd. Sys failed please help me in this

in Windows 10 Customization
    Etd. Sys failed please help me in this: Hi, I just have a query related to system thread exception not handle error code etd.sys..... Please help me in this query and provide suitable solution to my query please......
  6. kmode_exception_not_handled error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    kmode_exception_not_handled error: My computer crashes randomly, maybe a few times a week. I get the Windows 10 x64 BSOD with "kmode_exception_not_handled" as my error. It does not specify which driver is causing the problem in the error message. My understanding is that this is often a driver issue which...
  7. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-> e1r68x64.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-> e1r68x64.sys: Hi, every now and then my PC suddenly freezes video and audio output and then proceeds to the Blueescreen Window the Code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and reason: e1r68x64.sys. After some research i found out that it has something to do with the intel network adapter. I...
  8. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE: I've been experiencing random crashes on my computer over the last couple of weeks, I believe it has something to do with my graphics card drivers (igdkmd64.sys) but the update/rollback attempts didn't help nor did completely uninstalling and reinstalling the newest drivers....
  9. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys): Got a blue screen while using discord, here's the attachment 102937
  10. Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi, PC was working great and all of a sudden during the last 2 weeks gives me BSOD about 2 times a day. It has happened in the middle of BF1, Battlefront, using Firefox or just checking my mail. I'm sure it must be a driver conflict somewhere as there's been lots of...