Windows 10: kmode_exception_not_handled

Discus and support kmode_exception_not_handled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Intermittently hitting this error on boot up. I initially got it when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I got the BSOD on bootup a few times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dennis I, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Dennis I Win User

kmode_exception_not_handled

Intermittently hitting this error on boot up. I initially got it when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
    I got the BSOD on bootup a few times and during normal use; system would go to BSOD then would reboot to desktop fine until it finally stayed in the BSOD on every bootup.

I did a clean install of windows 7 and then updated to windows 10 with no other programs / drivers etc on the machine.
    However, I still get the BSOD with the same error: kmode_exception_not_handled.

On searching the internet, I suspect it must be a driver out of date, but I cant figure out which one, they all seem to be the most recent versions.

:)

Dennis I, Jan 7, 2016

2. Multiple BSOD Problems (maybe caused by Hardware, Driver)

And another one. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e) caused by ntkrnlmp.exe.

Abaddon287, Jan 7, 2016
  3. Have the Error Code ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NO EXECUTE MEMORY

IRQL_NOT_GREATER_OR_EQUAL

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

TIMER_OR_DPC_INVALID

Things like these ones.

LeonMaklakov, Jan 7, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please try to update your BIOS
    Your BIOS dates 2013, checking under 'Others' (no Windows 10 updates), version 1704 of 2015/06/26 is available.
    P9X79-E WS | Motherboards | ASUS Global

Please consider a clean install of Windows 10, even though nothing is installed an upgrade is an OS above an already existing OS.
    Because an OS above an OS is installed a folder called Windows.Old is created, due to this way of upgrading bugs may occur that causes instability.
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

axe0, Jan 7, 2016
  5. Dennis I Win User
    I installed the newest BIOS, when i was trying to install a clean windows 10, I actually got the kmode exception BSOD while in the beginning of the installation set up.

I tried several times to even get through the Windows 10 clean installation from Flash drive and it doesnt get through it.

However, Windows 7 goes through clean with no problem. Could it be that the ASUS Motherboard is just that incompatible with Windows 10 at this time?

Dennis I, Jan 8, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    That is certainly possible yes, as I mentioned there are no Windows 10 driver updates for your motherboard.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. kmode_exception_not_handled - Similar Threads - kmode_exception_not_handled

2. BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...: Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help in diagnosing my computer. Last month I posted here as well that my computer was crashing. A user helped read through my dump file and found as my Shure device causing issues. After uninstalling that program my computer seemed to be...
  3. BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...: Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help in diagnosing my computer. Last month I posted here as well that my computer was crashing. A user helped read through my dump file and found as my Shure device causing issues. After uninstalling that program my computer seemed to be...
  4. Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...: Hello all,This PC has recently been built about a month ago, but has had blue screens up the wazoo. I've went through multiple threads trying to troubleshoot to no avail. And so I want to ask directly if anyone can assist me in getting rid of it. I've tried memory diagnostic...
  5. Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...

Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...: Hello all,This PC has recently been built about a month ago, but has had blue screens up the wazoo. I've went through multiple threads trying to troubleshoot to no avail. And so I want to ask directly if anyone can assist me in getting rid of it. I've tried memory diagnostic...
  6. Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...: I've been getting these BSOD errors every hour almost, I believe it's caused by AMD Chipset Drivers but I'm not sure because I don't really know how to read minidump files. I also tried fresh installing windows previously had win 11, now on win 10. Below is a link for the...
  8. Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...: I've been getting these BSOD errors every hour almost, I believe it's caused by AMD Chipset Drivers but I'm not sure because I don't really know how to read minidump files. I also tried fresh installing windows previously had win 11, now on win 10. Below is a link for the...
  9. Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...

10. STOP CODE: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED FAILED:MFEHIDK.SYS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP CODE: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED FAILED:MFEHIDK.SYS: Revive this blue screen of death when starting pc. Unable to login to Home Screen without safe mode. Omen 40L https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-kmodeexceptionnothandled/69220b4d-cf9d-469d-a26b-9aaed343075c