Windows 10: kms license expiring - what to do and what will happen?

Discus and support kms license expiring - what to do and what will happen? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there I'm surprised your Windows AV software or Windows defender didn't flag some part of KMS as possibly dangerous malware etc -- kms activation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dj44, Apr 17, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

kms license expiring - what to do and what will happen?

Hi there

I'm surprised your Windows AV software or Windows defender didn't flag some part of KMS as possibly dangerous malware etc -- kms activation is routinely used with Pirate copies of Windows / Office usually downloaded from those notorious torrent sites.

Usually KMS activators will have something like hacktool.gen in it.

As soon as you mentioned KMS I suspect the original software wasn't licensed legally. If you bought it from a recognised retailer complain - and to Microsoft.

If you bought privately -- unfortunately "Caveat Emptor" applies in this case so you'll just have to get a legit license.

This Forum (absolutely correctly) takes a very dim view of any Pirate software (or in fact of any Pirate content) and it's against the rules to help people on using or obtaining such software or content.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 21, 2017

2. It could have, at one time, been an actual legal KMS activation by that companies KMS server. Then sold without removing the company installed OS before hand. Happens when a company goes belly up and the IT guy (if there is one) has no more interest in what's going on. Without access to that companies KMS server activation times out and fails to reactivate. Nothing shady about it other than it shouldn't have been sold without wiping the OS first. They get lazy and just do a reset.

If it was a cheat, we likely wouldn't be having this conversation as it would still be illegally activated. Unless your antivirus actually did flag something already and quarantine it. *Wink

alphanumeric, Apr 21, 2017
  3. Did another install, wouldn't activate until I did the slmgr /ato. Thanks NavyLCDR. *Thumbs Shows activated with a Digital License.

alphanumeric, Apr 21, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

You're welcome. Don't know if it is a bug in Windows, because it has been going on for a week now, at least, of it is a problem on the Microsoft server end.

NavyLCDR, Apr 21, 2017
  5. Tried to rep you but I have to spread some around first. slmgr /ato wouldn't work on this PC. 0c something error. I may do clean install of Enterprise. On the plus side, do a second change key with the Pro generic key, and I'm back to an Activated 10 Pro install. *Smile

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. kms license expiring - what to do and what will happen? - Similar Threads - kms license expiring

2. What will happen to Windows Enterprise when ME3 expires

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What will happen to Windows Enterprise when ME3 expires: We use Windows 10 Enterprise via Microsoft 365 E3 plan KMS deploymentWe won't renew ME3 next year. When the license expires, will Windows return to Windows Pro?I found a few answers online, some say that only the advanced features of Win Enterprise are deactivated and Windows...
  3. What will happen to Windows Enterprise when ME3 expires

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What will happen to Windows Enterprise when ME3 expires: We use Windows 10 Enterprise via Microsoft 365 E3 plan KMS deploymentWe won't renew ME3 next year. When the license expires, will Windows return to Windows Pro?I found a few answers online, some say that only the advanced features of Win Enterprise are deactivated and Windows...
  4. What will happen to Windows Enterprise when ME3 expires

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 KMS activation expires soon, what will happen??

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 KMS activation expires soon, what will happen??: Hello, so I'm coming with an important question. So I activated my Windows 10 with a KMS key, now windows keeps informating me to active windows. What will happen if I don't active windows, will my windows be blocked or will the watermark pop up and some options will not be...
  6. What happens to digital license on old machine

What happens to digital license on old machine: Hello, I am building a new machine in the next few days. I have a digital license for Windows Pro 64 bit on the old machine. When installing Win10 64 bit on the new machine I'd like to use that digital license to get the Pro features. So, what happens to the old...
  7. windows license is going to be expired soon what to do?

windows license is going to be expired soon what to do?: 0xc004f074 is the activation fail error code.what to do after getting this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-license-is-going-to-be-expired-soon-what/eff5571d-aa46-44f3-96ea-f9711e4d1931
  8. What happens to a mapped windows share if password expires?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What happens to a mapped windows share if password expires?: Hi! I am trying to figure this out, but can not find any definite answers. I have a non-domain joined server with a share. And a user that has access to map that share. This user does not have "Password never expires" enabled. From my Client computer, I map up this...
  9. What are KMS and MAK Volume Licensing Keys of Windows

in Windows 10 News
    What are KMS and MAK Volume Licensing Keys of Windows: [ATTACH] Microsoft wants to make sure that every Windows 10 that is used is activated i.e. marked as genuine. When a copy of Windows is activated it goes through a check. The way a copy of Windows is activated differently from each [...] This post What are KMS and MAK Volume...
  10. What happens when VM Windows expires?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    What happens when VM Windows expires?: This question might be obvious to some people, but I've only had 11 days experience with a VM. I created the VM with a downloaded build 10586 ISO, and I was wondering about W10 expiring in less than 3 weeks. Will I be able to make a new VM with a new trial period, or will I...