Windows 10: Known Changes To System That Maintain Windows 10 Activation

Discus and support Known Changes To System That Maintain Windows 10 Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; On a test box I have changed: CPU - different model, L2 Cache and speed. RAM - different make, specs and capacity. HDD - different make, cache and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nus, Sep 6, 2015.

1. NUS
    Nus Win User

Known Changes To System That Maintain Windows 10 Activation

On a test box I have changed:

CPU - different model, L2 Cache and speed.
    RAM - different make, specs and capacity.
    HDD - different make, cache and capacity.

Windows 10 stayed activated for both the existing install and a clean install.

Post any other changes you have made that maintain activation.

Edit:

This system was originally running Win 7 Pro 64bit and was upgraded to Win 10 Pro 64bit using the free upgrade offer.

:)

2. Windows become not activated after change of motherboard.

Greetings,

My windows 10 pro become not activated after i changed my motherboard even if i maintained my hard disc with genuine windows 10 pro. Is there anyway to keep my windows activated in this case? Thank you

Joi JoiLee, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 6, 2015
  4. Winuser Win User

Was the original install a OEM or Full version?

Winuser, Sep 6, 2015
  5. NUS
    Nus Win User
    That's on a box that was originally upgraded from Win 7 Pro 64bit using the free upgrade offer.

Thema:

1. Known Changes To System That Maintain Windows 10 Activation - Similar Threads - Known Changes System

2. The malware known as Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The malware known as Windows 10: Among the many, many problems beginning with Windows 7 a colleague's computer recently "lost" the taskbar and start menu. After attempting many supposed "fixes" I finally "fixed" it by creating a new Windows user on that machine. Like many of us she typically leaves her...
  3. The malware known as Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The malware known as Windows 10: Among the many, many problems beginning with Windows 7 a colleague's computer recently "lost" the taskbar and start menu. After attempting many supposed "fixes" I finally "fixed" it by creating a new Windows user on that machine. Like many of us she typically leaves her...
  4. Windows 10 - Maintain Window Configuration When Changing from Dock to Independent and Back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Maintain Window Configuration When Changing from Dock to Independent and Back: I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 running Windows 10 pro, that is use both independently and with the surface pro dock and dual monitors. I would like to maintain the window placements for both the dock and independent configurations.Currently, when I use the computer...
  5. Windows 10 - Maintain Window Configuration When Changing from Dock to Independent and Back

Windows 10 - Maintain Window Configuration When Changing from Dock to Independent and Back: I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 running Windows 10 pro, that is use both independently and with the surface pro dock and dual monitors. I would like to maintain the window placements for both the dock and independent configurations.Currently, when I use the computer...
  6. Is the "Your Phone" app actively maintained?

Is the "Your Phone" app actively maintained?: I've been using the Your Phone a lot pretty recently, but have been bothered by missing features and various bugs I've noticed. The page for it on the Microsoft Store says it was released in October of 2018, and I can't see any information on when it was last updated. Does...
  7. Windows 10 is not maintaining Windows positions anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is not maintaining Windows positions anymore: I found this hint "How do I get Windows 10 to remember window size and position?", but it's not working anymore. There are many things, Microsoft screwed up in Windows 10: - Mouseklicks are often not working. Often I have to click twice to select an element -...
  8. Change system/active partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change system/active partition: Hello, I would like to get rid of Disk 0 from my computer and change my new ssd drive Disk 1 / C:. Can I just mark the new ssd as active where windows 10 is installed and that will work? [ATTACH]...
  9. maintaining connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    maintaining connection: I have a laptop shared with 2 other family members , Both of their accounts work fine no problems, But I cant stay connected to any pages for more than 40 seconds so it is difficult to do anything tried settings etc and a few built in troubleshoots stuck help as I am not a...
  10. how to maintain the windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to maintain the windows 10: how to maintain the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-maintain-the-windows-10/8b640046-48e8-492f-894a-14a6de831f58