Windows 10: Kobo not recognized by Windows 10

Discus and support Kobo not recognized by Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I plug my Kobo Aura H2O on my computer, absolutely nothing happens. I changed the cable, I changed the usb port, I restarted my computer, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lucloup001, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Kobo not recognized by Windows 10

When I plug my Kobo Aura H2O on my computer, absolutely nothing happens. I changed the cable, I changed the usb port, I restarted my computer, I reinitialized my e reader, nothing works. Is there a Genius reading this who can help me? I promise a wine bottle when you come in Québec city!

:)

lucloup001, Feb 8, 2018
  2. GloriaQ Win User

windows 10 does not recognize my Kobo ereader

I recently posted the resolution I'd seen & didn't believed but it worked right away for me. All you have to do is go get a cheap old USB hub. Plug your kobo into it, then it into your USB port & poof windows recognizes your Kobo. I actually replaced my
    old kobo because I couldn't get it to work. Windows 10 wouldn't recognize the new Kobo either. the USB hub fix quickly recognized both Kobos. . (Kobo Aura & Kobo H20)

PS. If you have a Microsoft surface book, it recognizes the kobo after you unhook the screen - wait a bit - then reattach it. Go figure.

GloriaQ, Feb 8, 2018
  3. PTG_900 Win User
    Windows 10 and KOBO Touch

The problem seems to me to clearly be with Windows upgrade 10.0.14393. I've been working with three Kobo eReaders and four laptop computers (all from friends). I just took one laptop that wasn't recognizing a Kobo and restored it to an earlier version
    of Windows 10, namely 10.0.10586. The Kobo is now recognized.

I see from many posts since 2015 that there seems to have been an ongoing problem with Windows 10 and Kobo. Since the Kobo works on Windows 7 equipment, and works on earlier versions of Windows 10, I must conclude the problem lies with recent Windows
    10 upgrades. I look forward to Microsoft resolving this ongoing situation.

PTG_900, Feb 8, 2018
  4. Kobo not recognized by Windows 10

Hi lucloup001. Welcome to the TenForums @lucloup001

When did this issue start?

Does it coincide with any updates from MS, check update history in settings?

Does it coincide with any other changes you made, new software, a setting change?

How did the device normal show in Windows? Did it show in File explore and does it show in Disk Management. (Right click start, left click disk management)

If you go into Device Manager is anything flagged with Yellow exclamation mark?

I have not used Kobo Desktop app but have you tried to repair or reload the app?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 8, 2018
  5. Hi Ken

you will not believe what was the problem. I had tried two cables and as they indicated the device was charging, I assumed they were working perfectly. Wrong. I tried a third cable and bingo, it worked. I think even Kobo doesn’t know that a cable can recharge the reader but might not be recognized by windows.

lucloup001, Feb 9, 2018
  6. Cool.

By the way Quebec City is beautiful. Spent a week there.

Caledon Ken, Feb 9, 2018
  7. You are always welcome in Quebec. Lot of snow now. Cheers

lucloup001, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Kobo not recognized by Windows 10

1. Kobo not recognized by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Kobo recognized

2. Win 11 não reconhece app Rakuten kobo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 não reconhece app Rakuten kobo: O win 11 não reconhece mais meu app rakuten kobo. No win 10 rodava muito bem, mas agora com o win 11, nada funciona relacionado ao Rakuten Kobo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-n%C3%A3o-reconhece-app-rakuten-kobo/e13464f4-cb1a-4a9b-ba84-11f053033d91
  3. Win 11 não reconhece app Rakuten kobo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 não reconhece app Rakuten kobo: O win 11 não reconhece mais meu app rakuten kobo. No win 10 rodava muito bem, mas agora com o win 11, nada funciona relacionado ao Rakuten Kobo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-n%C3%A3o-reconhece-app-rakuten-kobo/e13464f4-cb1a-4a9b-ba84-11f053033d91
  4. Windows 11 does not recognize my Kobo Ereader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not recognize my Kobo Ereader: I had no problems in windows 10 proWindows 11 pro does not recognize any Ereader!Somebody an solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-does-not-recognize-my-kobo-ereader/9afb4c31-9942-4de4-8f81-d3b6cc23c017
  5. Windows 11 does not recognize my Kobo Ereader

Windows 11 does not recognize my Kobo Ereader: I had no problems in windows 10 proWindows 11 pro does not recognize any Ereader!Somebody an solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-does-not-recognize-my-kobo-ereader/9afb4c31-9942-4de4-8f81-d3b6cc23c017
  6. Windows 10 not recognizing Kobo Aura H2O is plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not recognizing Kobo Aura H2O is plugged in: When I plug in my eReader, the eReader recognises it is connected and successfully charges, but Windows 10 does not show the device as being connected. This means I am able to drag and drop my work files onto the eReader anymore. This issue has been raised a number of...
  7. my laptop does not recognize my kobo reader. help please

my laptop does not recognize my kobo reader. help please: the port does not recognize the kobo reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-does-not-recognize-my-kobo-reader-help/3340d234-57a7-4ba4-b4e7-50756a15a42d
  8. Windows10doesnt recognize KOBO ereader

Windows10doesnt recognize KOBO ereader: Has there been any update or new info with respect to Windows 10 recognizing a KOBO ereader. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10doesnt-recognize-kobo-ereader/dde200ad-5d94-4d47-bc00-23d21b00ca5e
  9. Kobo E-reader not recognized by laptop since Windows update

Kobo E-reader not recognized by laptop since Windows update: It's not the USB port nor the Kobo. when plugging in saying connected and charging, but that's it. Nothing else happens. Is there a fix? I tried all the tips previously suggested - changing wire/usb port/updating drivers...
  10. Resolved: Kobo reader not recognized

Resolved: Kobo reader not recognized: Hello My PC won't recognized my eReader Kobo plugged with the USB port. It use to work. Any idea? Martin 82796

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kobo not recognized windows 10

2. kobo aura one not detected usb

3. windows 10 wont recognize my kobo

4. kobo usb device not recognized,
  5. kobo usb not recognized by windows,
  6. kobo not recognized,
  7. e reader not recognized by w10,
  8. kobo usb windows 10,
  9. kobo windows 10 not recognized,
  10. windows 10 driver for kobo aura H2O ,
  11. kobo h2o not recognized,