Windows 10: Kodi App on Google chromecast for streaming video

Discus and support Kodi App on Google chromecast for streaming video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there. It's simple to install KODI on to an Amazon TV firestick (from an android phone simply use Apps2FireTV -- install KODI on the phone and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Jul 22, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Kodi App on Google chromecast for streaming video

Hi there.

It's simple to install KODI on to an Amazon TV firestick (from an android phone simply use Apps2FireTV -- install KODI on the phone and then use the app to install on remote TV firestick --simple).

What I want though is to know how to install Kodi on a chomecast type device (or if it's even possible). I've told the user that I'm not sure if it's possible - and a much better option is simply to buy an amazon fire TV - if you have a netflix subscription that comes included anyway.

Kodi though IMO is simply by far the best application for playing / streaming both audio and video from say a NAS server to a non smart TV. It beats VLC as the connections are always found quickly, you don't have to use a smart phone as a controller (amazon firestick TV has its own controller --although you can use a phone as a controller) and it plays ripped DVD iso's with the menus. I also like the fact that it can also search for subtitles from opensubtitle.org or a whole host of user selectable sites too.

Note - using KODI for these purposes is 100% legal - I'm not getting involved in any discussion about accessing pirated streams -- this is simply for streaming from your NAS server to a non smart TV.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 22, 2017

2. How to Connect to Chromecast?

I have the Netflix and Hulu Apps on my laptop which has windows 10. My television has a Google Chromecast device connected. Is there a way to stream my Hulu and Netflix apps to the Chromecast from my laptop? Because I go on the apps and It does not give
    me the option stream to the chromecast. I know that Google Chrome has the Google cast extension which I know how to use fine when I am surfing the web to cast a tab. How can I connect my laptop to the Chromecast device so I can Stream/project Hulu and Netflix?
    I have tried going into my settings -Devices-Connected Devices- add devices but it does not show the device. I also created a home group to see if that would work but no success. Help would be greatly appreciated!

JoseTellez, Jul 22, 2017
  3. Does Windows Phone 8 work with Chromecast device?

No,

Chromecast works best devices that have the Chrome browser (Android, desktops) or a dedicated mobile app (Android, iOS).

With the exception of files on the device, the streaming is done over the web. For example Netflix adapted their site and mobile apps to allow you synch the Netflix player on Chromecast with the Netflix app or site. Netflix could do this with their Windows
    Phone app, if they wanted to. Google provided an API that lets web sites running in the Chrome browser to stream stream video to the Chromecast device.

Google has not been terribly interested in supporting the Window platform, so I don't expect too much integration on that front. If controlling a Chromecast from a mobile device is something that you want, I would just pick up a cheap Android tablet like
    a Nexus 7 or Kindle HD and just keep it with the pile remotes for your TV. It would be like having the ultimate remote control, except cheap than what a high end Harmony remote would cost.

Christopher Miller, Jul 22, 2017
Thema:

Kodi App on Google chromecast for streaming video

1. Kodi App on Google chromecast for streaming video - Similar Threads - Kodi App Google

2. Streaming videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming videos: For the last week or so, when I try to play a video in both the OperaGX and Chrome browser, they will freeze for up to a few minutes before playing. The videos will also freeze if I pause them for more than a minute or so, but if I only pause the video for a few seconds, I...
  3. ChromeCast app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ChromeCast app: I just recently bought the ChromeCast app on my laptop and my Oculus Quest isn't able to see it on its casting list. I just wanna know if this app is compatible with VR and if so, then it must be my headset....
  4. Edge and Google Chromecast

Edge and Google Chromecast: When I was using the Edge Beta, I had no trouble getting Google Chromecast to work with it, until 2 weeks ago. At that point, Chromecast disappeared as an option icon on Edge or programs appearing on Edge. I want this back or I will return to Chrome as my browser. How do I...
  5. Google Chromecast and PLEX -- great combo (Audio and video)

Google Chromecast and PLEX -- great combo (Audio and video): Hi there while no great love for Google I have to admit the Chromecast device is brilliant. Using PLEX (Free) on W10 / Linux (works on both) it works brilliantly to cast both your own local / server based VIDEO and AUDIO to a remote device and is so easily controlled with...
  6. Using Google Chromecast to stream media from local PC to TV on W10

Using Google Chromecast to stream media from local PC to TV on W10: Hi there, It's not very clear on the sales blurb about Google's Chromecast (probably for obvious reasons) but this device works fine for watching locally stored movies etc on your TV when streamed from a local PC (or PC connected to your network). These movies are on Local...
  7. Install (Use) KODI on chromecast

Install (Use) KODI on chromecast: Hi there Some people have been trying to find amazon fire TV sticks since they can be used (unofficially) for KODI -- however if you have a chromecast then it's also possible to run Kodi too. If the amazon tv stick is out of stock then this method shows how to use a...
  8. Kodi Genesis No Streams Available

Kodi Genesis No Streams Available: I am trying to set up Kodi and the new Genesis Fork on my buddy's laptop and I am having issues with Genesis giving me the "No Stream Available" on everything that I try and load. I am currently running an episode on my comp (one that I tried running on his) His comp is...
  9. Chromecast Ultra (4K streaming) Any views on it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Chromecast Ultra (4K streaming) Any views on it: Hi there Just wondering whether a Chromecast 4K device will be OK for streaming 4K movies or will the 4K stuff be so riddled with DRM that it's better to stick with 1080p HD. Google Store – Pixel, Chromecast et autres Device looks cheap enough and PLEX / other...
  10. streaming video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    streaming video: Hi. I am running windows 10 and want to stream the video on my PC with my TV which are both on the same network. I had used Samsung smart view but even that has stopped since I updated to 10. I have tried to add the TV to my home group but that doesn`t work either. Any...