Windows 10: Kodi launches UWP app for Windows 10

Discus and support Kodi launches UWP app for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Clicking the link will bring you to Windows Store(and open it at the same time) ONLY if you have Edge set as default browser: Kodi The media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cliff S, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Cliff S New Member

Kodi launches UWP app for Windows 10

Clicking the link will bring you to Windows Store(and open it at the same time) ONLY if you have Edge set as default browser: Kodi

Kodi launches UWP app for Windows 10, reveals involvement in Desktop Bridge WinBeta

Kodi goes Windows Store | Kodi

:)

Cliff S, Sep 20, 2016

2. Some hotkeys on the keyboard don't work after OOBE.

Yes. This is an expected result. In some devices, hotkeys need an UWP App support. UWP App would be installed during OOBE and some time after OOBE. If UWP App cannot complete installation, hotkeys cannot work. The UWP APP installation time depends on device
    configuration. Sometimes, it needs several minutes or more than half an hour.

Symptom:

Hotkey cannot work just after OOBE (out of box experience) for a new device or create a new account then first time log in with new account.

Workaround:

1. Wait a moment until UWP App would be installed completely.

Or

2. Manually launch the hotkey App at once. Windows will do UWP App installation at high priority if end user launch this App. So this App will be launched soon and hotkeys could work fine.

So this is neither a Windows bug nor a device issue. Just wait a moment, this will be OK.

duoduobear, Sep 20, 2016
  3. Mike_Keys Win User
    Mike_Keys, Sep 20, 2016
  4. Kodi launches UWP app for Windows 10

Thanks for the info

Never tried Kodi, but have used Media Portal in the past and now use Plex

Will need to give this a try *Smile

paulsalter, Sep 20, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I have used Kodi(the desktop version) since it's rebranding from XMBC, and it's really good.
    It's the perfect, if you have an old desktop or laptop and set it up, just to use as a Media Center too.

Cliff S, Sep 20, 2016
  6. Plankton Win User
    How about for Xbox....is it out for Xbox?

Plankton, Sep 20, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    @Plankton, from the Kodi link(second article)

Cliff S, Sep 20, 2016
  8. Kodi launches UWP app for Windows 10

I've run KODI/OPENELECT stand alone on my Raspberry Pi. I love it, once I get it setup the way I like it. Will be nice to be able to run it on my PC from Windows. Would have been even better to be able to run it from my XBOX. *Sad The XBOX Media Player sucks big time. *Mad And I'm not that impressed with running Groove just to play some of my personal MP3's. *Devil

alphanumeric, Sep 20, 2016
  9. Hmm, opens on my main display by default and I can't just drag it to my other display. Had to go to Settings > System > Display > Display mode (drop down menu).
    No X to close it either, you have to click the power Icon on the main screen to get out.
    These aren't necessarily complaints mind you, just observations and a heads up to anybody else that got lost trying to do things.
    The GUI isn't even remotely close to what I see on my Raspberry Pi. Totally different.

10. Anybody know how to stop it from blanking my display on playback? After a couple of seconds of playback the display goes blank? Until the next track is played, then it shows for a few seconds and goes blank again? I turned off the screen saver.

11. I'm not sure what it's doing? The background color is there, and the mouse cursor? Just no graphics to show what's playing? This is the now playing screen I guess? I had keep clicking the mouse back button to get to it?
    It has a headphones ICON in the top right hand corner and says Visualisation. Yes that's the way it's spelled? Settings (on that screen) Visualisation shows None?

12. Cliff S New Member
    I just got the latest kodi Krypton beta(desktop not store app) installed.

Kodi launches UWP app for Windows 10 [​IMG]

Nice addition, they have finally added a switch in settings/system, to set it to "windowed mode" default so you have access to the rest of your system.*Party
    It used to be, it always defaulted to full screen and you had to exit the program, to do anything else on your PC, unless you installed a certain skin that had a "reduce to taskbar" option(I forget which one it was now).

The new default skin & user interface looks really nice too:

Still as usual, it is still clumsy to use, and this version doesn't seem to have any visualizations, and trying to install the add-on for it fails(it is still beta, but the 5th beta, so please!).

And I did notice the new UI is similar to the store app*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Kodi launches UWP app for Windows 10

1. Kodi launches UWP app for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Kodi launches UWP

2. Kodi Kodi freez. help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kodi Kodi freez. help!: Good morning, I use Shield TV with Kodi to watch documentaries I made in 4K and it has always worked well for me. I fed it even heavy stuff and it never made a Kodi move with the Shield TV. For a few days I have been feeding it 8bit HEVC files with a low bitrate, but Kodi...
  3. UWP Windows applications won't launch at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP Windows applications won't launch at all.: I've been trying to get Windows apps to work for couple months now. I have tried everything, and nothing worked. When I try to load a UWP app it does nothing. It doesn't even show an error. This is what I have tried:1. sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  4. UWP Windows applications won't launch at all.

UWP Windows applications won't launch at all.: I've been trying to get Windows apps to work for couple months now. I have tried everything, and nothing worked. When I try to load a UWP app it does nothing. It doesn't even show an error. This is what I have tried:1. sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  5. Kodi on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Kodi on windows 10: I am new at Kodi and I'm trying to set it up on my computer to be able to watch movies and TV shows having a hard time finding a video on how to set it up any suggestions would be great?...
  6. Kodi on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kodi on windows 10: I am new at Kodi and I'm trying to set it up on my computer to be able to watch movies and TV shows having a hard time finding a video on how to set it up any suggestions would be great?...
  7. Kodi on windows 10

8. Windows UWP apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows UWP apps: It is 2020, almost 5 years of Windows 10 and Microsoft redesigning the UWP app icons. But still now it icons are disappeared or Disappearing from taskbar. My Question to Microsoft, when you planed for a proper solution of this? as a windows 10 user and lover I am very...
  9. UWP Apps Won't Start/Launch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP Apps Won't Start/Launch: Hi guys! I have a 2016 i5 with Nvidia GPU Surface Book since launch and it has not given me any trouble until recently. So I first notice that my Photos App is not starting and I started using a third party photo viewer so I don't think it's much of a problem. Just now,...
  10. UWP App Diagnostics in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    UWP App Diagnostics in Windows 10: At Build this year, we gave a sneak preview of a set of new APIs designed to provide diagnostic information about running apps. You can see the videos hereand here – but note that these were based on a pre-release implementation. So, while the Build videos are still correct...