Windows 10: KODI / XBMC media center problems

Discus and support KODI / XBMC media center problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been running XBMC , then KODI for several months . Mostly on a Windows 10 PC . A few weeks ago , I started having problems on the PC . KODI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WyrTwister, May 15, 2015.

1. KODI / XBMC media center problems

I have been running XBMC , then KODI for several months . Mostly on a Windows 10 PC . A few weeks ago , I started having problems on the PC . KODI would play video / audio files from my hard drive , just fine . But when I tried to stream a movie or TV show over the internet , with KODI , only the audio would play .

I tried to un-install & re- install various versions of KODI . No joy . Then tried to revert back to XBMC . Same problem .

I suspect Win 10 took an update that messed up my drivers / system ? Lost sound that way , a few months ago .

Help , please .

God bless
    Wyr

:)

WyrTwister, May 15, 2015

2. windows 8.1 pro with media center....going... going...gone... on windows10

Try using XBMC a.k.a. Kodi. I just bought the media center for 9.99 mostly to use Media center on the XBOX 360 But Microsoft has worked on making windows 10 gaming community ready so for now I trust the process.

RobertHanson_444, May 15, 2015
  3. Elimination of Windows Media Center in Windows 10

Many media applications built for Linux also have editions compiled for use with Windows; popular examples include the VLC media player and Kodi (formerly XBMC).

SonikkuAmerica, May 15, 2015
  4. Wynona Win User

KODI / XBMC media center problems

I'm having the same problems, but I downloaded KODI to try to solve the problem, which it didn't.

Wynona, May 16, 2015
  5. badrobot Win User
    Mine works fine. Maybe it's an internet connection issue?

badrobot, May 16, 2015
  6. Firefox is working .

Download working , I successfully downloaded several versions of the software . None of which solved the problem .

Thanks ,
    Wyr
    God bless

WyrTwister, May 16, 2015
  7. Wynona Win User
    Ohhhhhh, I gots one of dose, Robot! Counting down to Monday afternoon to solve this .21 Mb download speed!

Wynona, May 16, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

It's not just about if it works or not. It depends on your bandwidth. You have to have a fair bandwidth to watch online videos. Maybe you do have a good bandwidth but there's an issue with the service at the moment. I don't see any other issues because before I replied to this thread, I downloaded and installed Kodi to try it myself first. Then I installed some plug-ins to watch TV and it worked in one go. Or you can try re-installing Win 10. Most issues get fixed with a clean install.

KODI / XBMC media center problems [​IMG]

badrobot, May 16, 2015
  9. All I can say is I had enough bandwidth to run KODI in the past & I can play a YouTube video OK .

I suspect you are right , a new install of Win 10 would probably solve the problem , but if the problem is caused by a Win 10 update , it will reappear when that update returns .

Plus , I would probably have to re-install my software . :-(

Thanks ,
    God bless
    Wyr

WyrTwister, May 16, 2015
  10. Wynona Win User
    If you do a clean install, and I don't think anything else would be possible if you already have Build 10074 installed, you will definitely have to reinstall your apps.

Kind of a dinged if you do and dinged if you don't situation. On the one paw . . . On the other paw . . .

For this very reason, I keep a minimum of software installed on my Windows 10 test machine. Uhhhhhh, looking at my Quick Launch Bar, maybe I've gone overboard just a tad. *Smile And I'm about ready to reinstall Build 10074. Sigh . . .

Wynona, May 16, 2015
  11. badrobot Win User
    Are you upgrading your internet? Remember, it's not just the service speed. Make sure your router is also capable of running the speeds you have. *Smile Should be at least wireless-N and go for dual band router if you have a PC that is dual-band capable. It really makes a big difference. *Smile

Good luck to the OP. *Smile

badrobot, May 16, 2015
  12. Wynona Win User
    Upgrade my foot! I think the speed I have is less than what dialup (remember that?) would be! I'm supposed to have a lot more speed (paid extra to get it) than .21 Mb! I used to be able to download 3 GB in an hour or so, rather than the ten to twelve hours it now takes.

My Linksys router is an EA6400 AC1600 Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router with 4 X 10/100/1000 Up to 450 (2.4 GHz) + 450 Mbps (5 GHz), so I guess it's an OK router. *Smile

Edit: Forgot to say that Monday afternoon should bring my ISP's tech to take care of the problems.

Wynona, May 16, 2015
  13. KODI / XBMC media center problems

I am running wired Ethernet .

God bless
    Wyr

WyrTwister, May 16, 2015
  14. Wynona Win User
    Sometimes wired is best, but it all depends on your equipment. Note my posted reply to BadRobot. I'll elaborate on my setup, just so you can compare. Just remember that my Internet isn't running at its prime at the moment, and is probably not my setup, but rather something going on within the ISP.

I have Suddenlink Cable Internet with an Arris cable modem (SuddenLink supplies it) and my Lynksys EA6400 router (see above post). On my network I have my desktop set up as wired, rather than wireless, 3 wireless laptops and a wireless Android tablet.

So, we need to know if you have a router and if so, a complete description of it. I don't doubt that (if you have one) your router is adequate. Nor do I doubt that (if you don't have a router) your modem (Cable? DSL? Satellite?) is adequate, but we really need a "jumping off place" to start.

Finally, as they say, "The Old Gray mare ain't what she used to be," and that goes for equipment. As it gets older, it tends not to work as well as it once did. In the past ten years, I've had two routers go out on me. And, my modem is just a couple or three months old (the old one, also an Arris, died). So, it's not unheard of that your problem could be dying equipment.

If you haven't already done so, try calling your ISP and have them check the modem. I don't know about ISPs other than cable, but Suddenlink did the troubleshooting from somewhere in New Jersey (I'm in Texas) and figured out that I need a technician.

Wynona, May 16, 2015
  15. badrobot Win User
    I am also running wired at home. Every piece of equipment that needs internet (except tablets and smartphones) are wired. I am using powerline adapters for devices outside the ethernet cable range. *Smile

badrobot, May 17, 2015
Thema:

1. KODI / XBMC media center problems - Similar Threads - KODI XBMC media

2. Kodi Kodi freez. help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kodi Kodi freez. help!: Good morning, I use Shield TV with Kodi to watch documentaries I made in 4K and it has always worked well for me. I fed it even heavy stuff and it never made a Kodi move with the Shield TV. For a few days I have been feeding it 8bit HEVC files with a low bitrate, but Kodi...
  3. Using KODI to share media on NAS.

Using KODI to share media on NAS.: When right-click a file in Explorer and choose play, it downloads the file then plays. Used to just play it from the NAS. Cannot figure it out. Any suggestions?...
  4. Using KODI to share media on NAS.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using KODI to share media on NAS.: When right-click a file in Explorer and choose play, it downloads the file then plays. Used to just play it from the NAS. Cannot figure it out. Any suggestions?...
  5. Using KODI to share media on NAS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Media center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media center: Hi, upgraded my computer to window 10 pro but no longer able to get media center, used to play a slideshow of my best photo,s whilst listing to my music. can anyone recommend a replacement for this task. thank you regards...
  7. Roku and media center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Roku and media center: I would like to be able to access media center through roku https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roku-and-media-center/b88851f0-56ef-41de-8ee8-015a756ab6b5
  8. How XBMC Media Center work on my computer?

How XBMC Media Center work on my computer?: I installed the Install XBMC Media Center on my computer window xp but every time I try to open it up I get a black page say 'error'. I installed it on my other computer (windows seven) and it works just fine. Please help me work it on my computer. 123025
  9. Windows Media Center

Windows Media Center: I've just tested and I was able to add Media Center to Windows 10 with my Windows 8 media center key *Party Although my desktop watermark now shows as Windows 8.1 with media center. 1963
  10. TVAddons /Kodi problem with windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    TVAddons /Kodi problem with windows 10: I have just upgraded to windows 10 and love it !!!*Biggrin but I cannot not use TVaddons properly as I can hear a film 14152