Windows 10: KP-41, PC turns off without BSOD

Discus and support KP-41, PC turns off without BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, whenever I'm playing or even browsing (happened only when my little sister plays Club Penguin which I believe is a Flash game) the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by elfelix, Aug 18, 2015.

1. elfelix Win User

KP-41, PC turns off without BSOD

Hey,

whenever I'm playing or even browsing (happened only when my little sister plays Club Penguin which I believe is a Flash game) the computer will shut down without warning.

I've looked in the event log and the error I get is this infamous, from what I've seen in my research, Kernel-Power with id 41 and task 63.

Thanks in advance.

Attachment 32391

:)

elfelix, Aug 18, 2015

2. BSOD's All The Time

I've actually looked at Event Viewer and found it was kernel-power ID 41 causing the BSODs. I think i may have fixed it by de-activating fast startup and stopping my hard drive being turned off in Power Options.

LeeJoynson, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Matvey17 Win User
    Since the Windows 1709 update my PC randomly crashes/restarts once a day

Hi, i have same ntoskrnl.exe+759faf problem since 1709 update.

Try to turn off "Fast Startup" in settings. It helped me. Almost 2 weeks without BSOD since i turned off fast startup.

Matvey17, Aug 18, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi elfelix,

Welcome to the 10forums.

I am sorry for the huge delay, there aren't many people on this terrain.

The cause of the crash is Realtek Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter.
    The driver is recent, but I would take a look at the site of Realtek to see if there are any compatible driver updates available.
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm rtwlanustart end module name fffff800`853c0000 fffff800`85833000 rtwlanu T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: rtwlanu.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rtwlanu.sys Image name: rtwlanu.sys Timestamp: Fri Jul 10 04:33:33 2015 (559F2EFD) CheckSum: 00462955 ImageSize: 00473000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. elfelix Win User
    Thanks, axe0. Really appreciate your help.

Installed the latest driver from Realtek's website and I'll see how it turns out.

I think my problem could be related to a wireless adapter I've been using for a few months (Edimax AC600).

I realize how vague the event could be, but I'll update this in case everything works out.

Thanks

elfelix, Aug 24, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome *Smile

If you get any new bluescreen, please use the tool again and upload the zip file.

7. elfelix Win User
    Well, happened again while I was playing Fallout :/

This time there's no dmp file and the forum bsod tool gave me a zip with nothing inside.

My guess is that some faulty software is demanding resources frequently which in turn gets everything to overheat (CPU and GPU both get around 83°C).

I suppose a software engineer could do a doctorate thesis on this event because it's the most annoying thing that ever happened to me. And I had a virus suck all my CPU years ago, rendering poor Nipples useless.

Attachment 33867

elfelix, Aug 25, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

We at least need a dump file to help you.

9. elfelix Win User
    There. Got a dmp file now.

I think it's generating dmp files again after I reset the BIOS (messed around with RAM clock, computer wouldn't boot after that *Smile

Possibly because now the Suspend Mode is now auto (previously S1 POS only)

Thanks again in advance

Attachment 34393

elfelix, Aug 27, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    I'll have a look at it tomorrow, I'm just back from helping a friend moving to another appartment, unfortunately this person isn't really organized so it took almost a day and right now I'm broken with body and mind.

Apologies for the delay.

11. elfelix Win User
    Dude you're doing me a favor, no need to apologize. Hope your friendship survives this moving, I know how annoying these things are.

elfelix, Aug 28, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Hi Elfelix,

Thank you for your patience.

The cause of the crashes is the Realtek driver for WLAN 802.11n USB Network adapter.
    Please go to the site of Realtek and update this driver
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm rtwlanustart end module name fffff800`17970000 fffff800`17de3000 rtwlanu T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: rtwlanu.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rtwlanu.sys Image name: rtwlanu.sys Timestamp: Fri Jul 10 04:33:33 2015 (559F2EFD) CheckSum: 00462955 ImageSize: 00473000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] If you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.

Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:

KP-41, PC turns off without BSOD [​IMG]

13. elfelix Win User

Thanks for the help. Like I said, I updated the driver from the website and, after no visible success, even disabled it on Device Manager. Now I uninstalled Realtek drivers, since I'm using the wireless adapter only and it seems to work without any Realtek nonsense.

After new tests (Fallout session) the event still persists. PC is overheating, so I guess I need to get someone to remove the dust and buy a better cooling fan.

elfelix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. KP-41, PC turns off without BSOD - Similar Threads - turns off without

2. Pc keeps turning off - Event 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps turning off - Event 41: I've been having hard crashes with my Windows 11 PC where my PC is restarting itself, and event viewer is showing event 41 when the PC crashes. The crashes are happening every 3-20 minutes. I am stumped here. Temps look fine per OCCT. A few weeks ago I had to RMA my 1000W...
  3. Pc keeps turning off - Event 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc keeps turning off - Event 41: I've been having hard crashes with my Windows 11 PC where my PC is restarting itself, and event viewer is showing event 41 when the PC crashes. The crashes are happening every 3-20 minutes. I am stumped here. Temps look fine per OCCT. A few weeks ago I had to RMA my 1000W...
  4. PC turns off on its own without anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns off on its own without anything.: Hello my PC randomly turns offMy PC randomly turns off when, I checked Event logs I found that there a lots of Kernel-Power errors.The latest one is listed here:System- Provider[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power[ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}EventID...
  5. PC turns off on its own without anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns off on its own without anything.: Hello my PC randomly turns offMy PC randomly turns off when, I checked Event logs I found that there a lots of Kernel-Power errors.The latest one is listed here:System- Provider[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power[ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}EventID...
  6. PC turns off on its own without anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD-PC Not displaying and turning off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD-PC Not displaying and turning off randomly: My pc blue screened when i tried to open forge. Now when i try to turn it io, all the rgb comes on and keyboard but it won't display to the monitor. Also turning off randomly....
  8. PC Keeps Turning Itself Off Without Warning

PC Keeps Turning Itself Off Without Warning: A few weeks ago, my PC started turning itself off without any warning. The first time it happened, I was out of state using a laptop to control my desktop remotely. I attempted to play a game Minecraft via my remote access as I was curious how well it would handle over a...
  9. Frequent BSOD and computer turning off without warning

Frequent BSOD and computer turning off without warning: I'm including a OneDrive link to 3 minidump files (at time of posting, 2, the third is still pending sync and I'm having trouble forcing it to sync) and my system information below, but here's what I'm dealing with. I built my computer a few months ago and was plagued by...
  10. [Win10] PC restarting/shuts down - Event Viewer shows KP-41

[Win10] PC restarting/shuts down - Event Viewer shows KP-41: Hi there, Hoping you can help diagnose the kernel power event id 41 error I've been receiving. Upgraded to Win 10 on day 1 of launch 7/29 which the Event Viewer tells me was the date of my very first kernel power related crash. I've updated most of my drivers by now and...