Windows 10: ks.sys bsod dell monitor webcam issue

Discus and support ks.sys bsod dell monitor webcam issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello, new to the forums and rather than (hopefully) reinstalling everything again which I have done several times already I want to see if there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by warlord1352, Dec 12, 2017.

1. ks.sys bsod dell monitor webcam issue

hello, new to the forums and rather than (hopefully) reinstalling everything again which I have done several times already I want to see if there is actually anything some one might be able to do. basically as the question explains I keep constantly getting BSOD any time I plug in my usb cord from my monitor having it to install the webcam drivers which makes It crash. It used to not be like this so that's what makes me confused.
    Please anything will help! I've had this problem for a long time and although its definitely not mandatory I would like to use the functions of my monitor again (I.e. I have a couple more usb plugs as well bedsides webcam).

Thanks in advance.

:)

warlord1352, Dec 12, 2017
  2. VishalK7 Win User

Bugcheck 0x0000003b windows 10 on brand new acer desktop

Hi,

I have a bugcheck with my recently purchased desktop. It is an Acer with i7 (4790) and windows 10 pre-installed.

I connect it to a Dell monitor with a built-in webcam and sound bar. Connection to monitor are VGA and a USB.

The BSOD occurs within a minute of logging in and after reboot, the cycle repeats. Error message is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: ks.sys

I have placed minidump at

Public

If I remove the USB connection to the monitor, issue does not occur anymore, which means the webcam does not work anymore. Any suggestions on how to resolve this.

The monitor with webcam are known good hardware and work fine with my older desktop.

Thanks,

VK

VishalK7, Dec 12, 2017
  3. BSOD loop with ks.sys error after creators' update

Hi

I'm on a Windows 10 Pro machine. Everything was working fine and then it prompted me to Update. I went with it and there was trouble updating, it would end up in BSOD and then roll back the update. The last time before I tried to update I quit my antivirus
    (avast premier) and then restarted. This time the update worked but now when windows boots up I just see the desktop for a few seconds and then I get another BSOD with a ks.sys error. I've uninstalled my antivirus for now and still the BSOD keeps coming up.
    I've read that ks.sys errors are related to driver issues but except for my in-built monitor webcam driver rest everything is fine. Please find latest 3 minidump files in the ondrive link below. Hope to get some help soon.

Minidump.zip

bloodsells, Dec 12, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

ks.sys bsod dell monitor webcam issue

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

ks.sys bsod dell monitor webcam issue [​IMG]

5. Sorry for getting back so late. I didn't get any notification emails that I had a response. Anyway here's my updated specs.

Computer type
    PC/Desktop Computer Manufacturer/Model Number
    N/A OS
    Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit 15063 Multiprocessor Free CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H55-USB3 Memory
    8.00 GB Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Sound Card
    (1) NVIDIA High Definition Audio (2) NVIDIA Virtual Audio Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2309W Screen Resolution
    2048 x 1152 x 32 bits (4294967296 colors) @ 59 Hz Hard Drives
    (1) Seagate BUP BK USB Device (2) Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (3) WDC WD10EACS-00D6B1 PSU
    CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2. Case
    Thermaltake Armor Series VA8003BWS Black Full Tower Case Cooling
    ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2, CPU Cooler - Intel & AMD, Multi Keyboard
    ajazz the dark knight usb wired keyboard Mouse
    ajazz the dark knight usb wired mouse Internet Speed
    FIOS 50Mbps Antivirus
    Sophos Home Browser
    Firefox/Edge

*edit* I added this all to my actual PC Spec spot in my post. It wasn't showing up until after I posted this so I apologize.

warlord1352, Dec 18, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Your report states that you are using a Non Genuine copy of software
    This forum's Rules clearly state that help will not be provided to those using Non genuine Software.

Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating software will inevitably change the working of software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be pleased to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.

7. oh ok. my friend installed it for me. im sorry.

warlord1352, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ks.sys bsod dell monitor webcam issue

1. ks.sys bsod dell monitor webcam issue - Similar Threads - sys bsod dell

2. Dell Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Webcam not working: Hello guys! I recently opened my old Inspiron N5110 and upgraded it with an SSD and planning to do some RAM upgrades. It is a great machine; however, the camera doesn't seem to be working. It already had Windows 10 I don't remember when I installed it?I don't know if it is a...
  3. Dell Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Webcam not working: Hello guys! I recently opened my old Inspiron N5110 and upgraded it with an SSD and planning to do some RAM upgrades. It is a great machine; however, the camera doesn't seem to be working. It already had Windows 10 I don't remember when I installed it?I don't know if it is a...
  4. Dell Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Dell Inspiron N7110 External Webcam Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron N7110 External Webcam Issue: I have a Dell Inspiron N7110 laptop, which has Intel HD Graphics 3000 built-in card and Core I7 Intel processor.I recently bought external Lenovo FHD 300 webcam. When I connect to the USB port, it is getting recognized and driver is automatically getting installed in Windows...
  6. Dell Inspiron N7110 External Webcam Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron N7110 External Webcam Issue: I have a Dell Inspiron N7110 laptop, which has Intel HD Graphics 3000 built-in card and Core I7 Intel processor.I recently bought external Lenovo FHD 300 webcam. When I connect to the USB port, it is getting recognized and driver is automatically getting installed in Windows...
  7. Dell Inspiron N7110 External Webcam Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys: BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys retless 39m Hello, Since november/2019 i'm facing BSOD's when opening World of Warcraft using Battle Net or directly from the launcher. I have a dell G3 3579 with Geforce 1050 Ti and the BSOD occurs only when i'm using my...
  9. BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys: BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys retless 39m Hello, Since november/2019 i'm facing BSOD's when opening World of Warcraft using Battle Net or directly from the launcher. I have a dell G3 3579 with Geforce 1050 Ti and the BSOD occurs only when i'm using my...
  10. Win10 BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (wdf01000.sys) on Dell XPS 5520

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (wdf01000.sys) on Dell XPS 5520: This started occurring past few days on my Dell XPS 5520. Very random. Cannot pinpoint the root cause of this issue. Updated Dell drivers via Dell Command Update....