Windows 10: KVM - Windows 10 VM running with IE

Discus and support KVM - Windows 10 VM running with IE in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there Here's another VM running under KVM -- W10 showing IE running on it. [img] Cheers jimbo 47655 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Apr 17, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

KVM - Windows 10 VM running with IE

Hi there

Here's another VM running under KVM -- W10 showing IE running on it.

KVM - Windows 10 VM running with IE [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 17, 2016
  2. fckofms Win User

Windows 10 does not shutdown properly.

Hello Community,

I have a problem with shutting down Windows 10.

My setup:

Windows 10 Pro runs via KVM and qemu as VM on a Ubuntu server.

Windows is installed as 64 bit version in UEFI mode and has been activated.

What I did:

I've disabled any kind of power save mode and quick start.

When I shut down Windows via the GUI, it seems like the system is shutting down normally.

But when I look at the VM Manager, the VM continues to run.

Well, normally, that wouldn't be a problem. Simply press Win+R (logged in as admin) and enter "shutdown /s /t 0". Wrong thought. This leads to exactly the same problem. To switch off Windows completely I have to restart the complete KVM host. That cannot be
    the solution.

Why I haven't switched to Linux long ago:

I only use Windows to play games. Linux with "wine" is too slow for that. That's why KVM is the best solution with vt-d and GPU Passtrough.

Can you help me, please? Thanks.

fckofms, Apr 17, 2016
  3. IvanFrey Win User
    Windows 10 Home as KVM guest?

I currently run Windows 7 as a KVM guest on top of Linux. Will I be able to do the same for Windows 10 Home?

IvanFrey, Apr 17, 2016
Thema:

KVM - Windows 10 VM running with IE

1. KVM - Windows 10 VM running with IE - Similar Threads - KVM running

2. keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal: Hey, I had and old monitor Samsung that works using KVM switch ugreen with 2 computers T14 Lenovo and desktopsuccessfully , now I bought new monitor LG Ultragear 32GQ750-B and connected it to the KVM The desktop works properly but the laptop works only for the mouse and the...
  3. How can I run kvm on windows 10 ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I run kvm on windows 10 ??: I already installed KVM and turned on hyper-v, but I am getting this error,"Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused Could not access KVM kernel module: No such file or directory qemu-system-x86_64: failed to initialize KVM: No such file or directory" I am...
  4. How can I run kvm on windows 10 ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I run kvm on windows 10 ??: I already installed KVM and turned on hyper-v, but I am getting this error,"Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused Could not access KVM kernel module: No such file or directory qemu-system-x86_64: failed to initialize KVM: No such file or directory" I am...
  5. How can I run kvm on windows 10 ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Getting almost Native performance on W10 VM running on KVM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Getting almost Native performance on W10 VM running on KVM: Hi folks I've often mentioned using passthru on things like graphics and network cards to squeeze the maximum performance of VM's - particularly Windows VM's. I refer you to this excellent article which explains some of the principles involved (although on a KVM Host...
  7. Run a docker container with KVM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Run a docker container with KVM?: Hello, I need to run a docker container with KVM on a windows host. I’ve heard it’s possible to run a Linux VM using Hyper-V and then enable KVM in that Linux VM some how. So a nested Hyper-V to KVM container. Could someone tell me how to do this? Can I use VirtualBox for...
  8. Example of Windows 10 Running on KVM (Hypervisor) on Linux Host

Example of Windows 10 Running on KVM (Hypervisor) on Linux Host: Hi folks Here's a recent build of Windows 10 running on the Linux HYPERVISOR (equivalent to Windows HYPER-V) KVM -- it's built into the kernel so all the extra packagres are available to run this. The main problem is to create a network bridge (equivalent to HYPER-V external...
  9. KVM Host --W10 VM with HYPER -V running another VM (Nesting)

KVM Host --W10 VM with HYPER -V running another VM (Nesting): Hi there. It seems some CPU's will handle HYPER-V in a VM running on a Host where a HYPERVISOR (KVM in this case) is already running. One needs to make a few mods otherwise booting up the VM running UNDER the HYPER-V (the 2nd level VM) will freeze. I'm currently...
  10. Any Linux users running Windows using KVM

Any Linux users running Windows using KVM: Hi there Just wondering if there are any Linux users here running a Windows VM with the KVM virtualisation module in Linux. Cheers jimbo 2494

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wacom on kvm vm w10