Windows 10: Labtop speakers and headphones not working(microphone output does)

Discus and support Labtop speakers and headphones not working(microphone output does) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday and now i don't have any sound left. My internal labtop speakers don't get recognized and so are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Econ, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Econ Win User

Labtop speakers and headphones not working(microphone output does)

Hello everyone

I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday and now i don't have any sound left. My internal labtop speakers don't get recognized and so are my headphones. i have a microphone(blue yeti) wich chan be used as a output, and it is the only one that works. I cheked the output in the device manager and the only thing i was able to see there was the microphone. If i unplut the microphone i receive the error:"no audio output installed"

I tried to install some drivers, nothing worked. My headphones don't work and neither do my labtop internal speakers. I really hope someone can help me with this problem

:)

2. Realtek Not Recognizing a Microphone

My windows 10 laptop s not recognizing my desktop microphone. Realtek doesn't even come up with a microphone check box when i plug it in, only headset, headphones, and output speakers.

Jakab Loomis, Aug 14, 2015
  3. jsdaggett Win User
    Sound not working after Windows 10 update

No, switching to the built-in Windows audio driver changes things but did not work. Specifically:

1) If I use the built-in Win 10 driver ("High Definition Audio Device") I can hear speakers/headphone, and switching between speakers and headphones works fine BUT my laptop microphone IS NOT usable ("Not
    plugged in").

2) If I use the latest driver from Dell (IDT 92HDxxx HD Audio Driver) I can initially hear through speakers but as soon as I plug in headphones I can't switch back to speakers (i.e. switching between speakers and headphones does NOT work) and my laptop microphone
    DOES work.

I can send screenshots of playback devices and recording devices when using either driver if that helps (?).

John D.

jsdaggett, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Labtop speakers and headphones not working(microphone output does)

1. Labtop speakers and headphones not working(microphone output does) - Similar Threads - Labtop speakers headphones

2. Microphone input to speaker output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone input to speaker output: Hi,I have a Logitech Pro X Gaming Headset with the USB External sound card. I also have two subwoofer speakers with the green audio wire. I am able to switch between the two without any issues, connecting to the sound card and the audio port on the system.However when I...
  3. Microphone input to speaker output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone input to speaker output: Hi,I have a Logitech Pro X Gaming Headset with the USB External sound card. I also have two subwoofer speakers with the green audio wire. I am able to switch between the two without any issues, connecting to the sound card and the audio port on the system.However when I...
  4. Headphone microphone does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone microphone does not work: I recently bought a laptop. Whenever I plug in my headphones, I can hear well, but I can't speak. Looking at the sound control panel, my headset has a speaker icon. Clicking on the recording tab in the sound control panel, I don't even see my headphones there. I do not know...
  5. Headphone microphone does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone microphone does not work: I recently bought a laptop. Whenever I plug in my headphones, I can hear well, but I can't speak. Looking at the sound control panel, my headset has a speaker icon. Clicking on the recording tab in the sound control panel, I don't even see my headphones there. I do not know...
  6. Headphone microphone does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Headphone audio works, but microphone does not

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone audio works, but microphone does not: I tried looking for a solution for myself but there seems to be many strange aspects which prevent me from following instructions that are commonly suggested.I have tried solving this problem with two headphones but I get the same problem with both of them.Firstly, the...
  8. Microphone output is connected to the output of my speaker

Microphone output is connected to the output of my speaker: I have been using my computer for almost a year now, just a few days ago I wanted to use my mic in a recording but it didn't work, shortly after I played some audio through my speakers and noticed that my mic is playing it back, I checked the headset and used it in another...
  9. Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do

Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do: I'm using HP Spectre x360, Windows 10 Home ver 2004 build 19041.329. My built-in speakers and microphone are not working after system update, although there is sound when using headphones. Microphone works occasionally, but most of the time it doesn't. I tried reinstalling...
  10. Bluetooth Headphones - Microphone does not work

Bluetooth Headphones - Microphone does not work: Hello all, I have a very strange problem with my Bluetooth headphones Bluedio Turbine T2 Plus - https://www.amazon.com/Bluedio-Turbine-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00Q30A1RI . They connect by Bluetooth with my laptop - Audio, Voice connected - correctly, Microsoft...