Windows 10: Lag in Most Games After W7 update, continued in W10

Discus and support Lag in Most Games After W7 update, continued in W10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guys, A few months ago I installed a windows 7 security update, and my computer basically turned to crap. Most programs couldn't be run unless I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WintertheMute, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Lag in Most Games After W7 update, continued in W10

Hey guys,
    A few months ago I installed a windows 7 security update, and my computer basically turned to crap. Most programs couldn't be run unless I opened them in compatibility mode for vista, and games were very laggy. I fixed most of the problems by updating to windows 10, but the game lag is still here. I've updated all of my drivers, but I still can't seem to find the issue. Admittedly, my graphics card is quite bad, but I could still run a lot of games at low settings decently, but now most are abysmal. Oddly enough, there a few games that run just as well as they did before the update. They are Sniper Elite 2, Diablo III, Elder Scrolls online, and nearly all single player games. However, no other game, at least that I've tried, can run. Does anyone know what's causing this lag, and why these games in specific run fine?
    Thanks

:)

WintertheMute, Jan 18, 2016
  2. festerko Win User

Windows 10 Won't Boot after update from Windows 7

I have updated W7 to W10 and after a day of playing around, I switched the profile to one came from W7 and the system went freezing, continuously restarting and finally not booting at all.

festerko, Jan 18, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Download Freezes at 25%

How do I stop Windows 10 trying to download on my Widows 7 computer. It has frozen W7 security updates and takes forever to download (slow issues noted above).

I don't want W10 on my computer. Windows update reports there are 23 important updates now more than two weeks out of date. These updates are in the que but W10 download has hijack the system. W10 does not even appear in the update list so that I could strike
    off!

Apart form being happy to continue with W7 I read many reports of W10 installation problems on established computers. I can't afford to allow this risk. W7 works just fine and I need the W7 security updates. How can I stop W10 download and continue with
    W7 update as before?

Marty_Lewis, Jan 18, 2016
  4. Lag in Most Games After W7 update, continued in W10

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the games that are lagging or, for Steam games, have you tried verifying the game files? Sometimes updates can cause a bit of corruption. I believe UPlay and Origin both have a way to verify files as well.

blackroseMD1, Jan 18, 2016
  5. For starters, I would do a clean install of 10 (instead of upgrading), upgrading can drag old baggage in. Then do an exhaustive hunt for the most recent drivers you can find (preferably optimized for 10). Windows Update may have some of your drivers, but I wouldnt trust it. I prefer to manually install my drivers, bydownloading them and installing from a standalone setup file. You will either need to not connect to the Net immediately after installing 10 (when you get to the desktop), or temp-disable the Windows Update service via Services.msc. Otherwise 10 will auto-install your drivers/updates in the background without even notifying you. Windows Update screwed my PC over several yrs ago with a bad Bluetooth driver (BSOD after reboot), so I no longer trust it. Once done reinstall your games and see if the issue continues.

AnonVendetta, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lag in Most Games After W7 update, continued in W10

1. Lag in Most Games After W7 update, continued in W10 - Similar Threads - Lag Games update

2. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  3. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  4. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update w7 to w10. License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update w7 to w10. License: Hi,i would like to know if it is possible to upgrade w7 to w10 and keep using the original license of w7.Br https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-w7-to-w10-license/dc89ae46-d3cc-44ea-8175-ce3a37f806aa
  6. Update w7 to w10. License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update w7 to w10. License: Hi,i would like to know if it is possible to upgrade w7 to w10 and keep using the original license of w7.Br https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-w7-to-w10-license/dc89ae46-d3cc-44ea-8175-ce3a37f806aa
  7. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  8. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  9. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  10. Sharing TO W10 from W7 and most Linux distros SOLVED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing TO W10 from W7 and most Linux distros SOLVED: Hi there. This affects sharing TO W10 from other machines -- NOT FROM W10 TO other machines which seems to work just fine. Ms has changed some security aspects of file sharing over networks in W10. The changes only affect W7 and earlier Windows OS'es and most Linux...