Windows 10: Lag in system when a program is closed

Discus and support Lag in system when a program is closed in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After updating my system to 1803 Build 17134.48, I've noticed that the whatever program that the system is running sputters/freezes for couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by regengott, May 28, 2018.

1. regengott Win User

Lag in system when a program is closed

After updating my system to 1803 Build 17134.48, I've noticed that the whatever program that the system is running sputters/freezes for couple of seconds whenever another program is closed.

This includes dialog boxes, the Edge browser, the Start menu basically whatever is running. The mouse lag is the most prominent symptom and the outlines of the dialog boxes become clunky and are not at all smooth during transitions. Admittedly, this occurs only for a couple of seconds. It was not present before the update and is annoying as hell (especially on a new machine).

I would appreciate it if anyone has a solution to rectify this problem.

:)

regengott, May 28, 2018

2. Laptop lagging after Windows 10 update and error message when using browser.

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Is the system connected to domain?

• Have you installed any third party security software in Windows 10?

• Is your system up to date?
    I suggest you to make sure that the system is up to date.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Disclaimer: Please reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot by referring above article.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the mouse and display adapter drivers. Refer the below link on how to update the drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 3:

I suggest you to run the System maintenance
    troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue:

Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all
      on the left navigation pane.

• Click on System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the
      System maintenance
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      System maintenance troubleshooter.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 29, 2018
  3. TouchPad lagging and not moving

Hi Abdalla,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the frustration when things don’t work out the way it should.

Method 1: I suggest you to try installing drivers in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if
    that helps.

• Download the touchpad pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the
      issue persists.
    Method 2: I suggest you to perform DISM scan and check if the issue is resolved. I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
      • DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope it helps. Get back to us with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Lag in system when a program is closed

1. Lag in system when a program is closed - Similar Threads - Lag system program

2. My computer lags very heavily when opening and closing programs. What's causing this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer lags very heavily when opening and closing programs. What's causing this?: My computer lags very heavily when opening and closing programs. No large spikes on anything, nothing unusual, and it lasts for a while, especially when opening an app...
  3. My computer lags very heavily when opening and closing programs. What's causing this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer lags very heavily when opening and closing programs. What's causing this?: My computer lags very heavily when opening and closing programs. No large spikes on anything, nothing unusual, and it lasts for a while, especially when opening an app...
  4. My computer lags very heavily when opening and closing programs. What's causing this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Close a program when another starts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Close a program when another starts: So basically, I downloaded Microsoft's PowerToys off GitHub which I guess is kinda still in development, so I could use the adaptation of MacOS's Spotlight they made. Unfortunately, since the program has some bugs, it interferes with some of my other stuff, mainly I get...
  6. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...
  7. mikrosoft programs close when opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mikrosoft programs close when opened: so i have gotten a problem with my microsoft programs, like calculator, the mail program, and one note(these are the one i have tryed) i have had this problem for over 2 months now. it dosn't have huge effekts on y life but, it has some annoying parts....
  8. Lag in system when a program is closed after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Lag in system when a program is closed after update: After updating my system to 1803 Build 17134.48, I've noticed that the whatever program that the system is running sputters/freezes for couple of seconds whenever another program is closed. This includes dialog boxes, the Edge browser, the Start menu basically whatever is...
  9. Lag when opening programs/application

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag when opening programs/application: Hi, i have a problem where windows lags whenever i open a newly installed or updated program/applications that are on another drive than my OS. This mostly happens when i download and install games through Steam(Cuz i do that very often), but it also happen to League of...
  10. Lag when opening programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag when opening programs: --- revised 2/18/16 --- No further instances of lag (which can also stop macros from completing) since SUPERFETCH was disabled. However, some users report occasional lag despite this measure, and the underlying problem is extant. It appears to have nothing to do with...