Windows 10: Lag when opening programs/application

Discus and support Lag when opening programs/application in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, i have a problem where windows lags whenever i open a newly installed or updated program/applications that are on another drive than my OS. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by leifus, Feb 27, 2017.

1. leifus Win User

Lag when opening programs/application

Hi, i have a problem where windows lags whenever i open a newly installed or updated program/applications that are on another drive than my OS. This mostly happens when i download and install games through Steam(Cuz i do that very often), but it also happen to League of legends after update and other newly installed programs so i doubt it is steam. When i say lag in this situation i mean that the mouse, sound and windows in general becomes lagy.

I have 3 drives, Samsung 950 pro NVMe SSD for my os, samsung 850 evo SSD and WD black 3TB HDD.

I have checked the usage on the cpu and disk while it happens cpu is low and the disk is hige(on the HDD, but not os disk) and i have also checked the S.M.A.R.T status on all the drives and they have 0 errors/faults.

Anyone that have had this problem or have a idea what i could do?

:)

leifus, Feb 27, 2017

2. Lag when opening the application for the second time

I've been facing this problem since a week now.

When i boot the system and open an application specifically games it opens quickly without any lag.

If i quit the game and open it again it takes more than a minute to launch,after the launch if i quit the game it takes another 30 seconds to close the application.

And until the next reboot all games lag the same way.

I've no problems in gameplay.

My PC is Lenovo Y700 running Windows 10 home build 14393.222

with latest nvidia drivers installed.

Abhishek MB, Feb 27, 2017
  3. Lag when opening the application for the second time

Okay, then I would figure that the next step is to figure out your hardware and perhaps the OS.

I wonder if this will work? How to successfully install Windows 10 build 14393.222 (workaround)

It may address the problem you are having, which I'm suspecting is involving saving game data. It's also a fairly common emergent problem from the latest updates a I understand...I'm using 7 but troubleshooting is not OS specific.

required name required as well, Feb 27, 2017
Thema:

Lag when opening programs/application

1. Lag when opening programs/application - Similar Threads - Lag opening programs

2. Computer lags and stutter when I open specific programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lags and stutter when I open specific programs: I was away for a month and when I came back, my computer started stuttering every time when I open faceit anticheat. Initially I thought it may be a faceit program problem so I wasn't very concerned, thinking the next update it will be resolved. But then I created a Plex...
  3. Computer lags and stutter when I open specific programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer lags and stutter when I open specific programs: I was away for a month and when I came back, my computer started stuttering every time when I open faceit anticheat. Initially I thought it may be a faceit program problem so I wasn't very concerned, thinking the next update it will be resolved. But then I created a Plex...
  4. Computer lags and stutter when I open specific programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC is lagging when opening apps

PC is lagging when opening apps: I don’t know why and how it happened but my PC started lagging when I try to open apps. I went to the task manager to check what was going on and saw that the disk is completely full 100%....
  6. Windows 10 LAGS when I startup the windows and when I am open an program .

Windows 10 LAGS when I startup the windows and when I am open an program .: Mostly when I startup the Window 10 it lags and then starts working ok the again i move my mouse and it start laging again and when i open a program it lags terribly How can a Windows lag so much in the start ? After a good 12 -13 minutes it works good. But the lag is not...
  7. Windows lagging, not opening programs

Windows lagging, not opening programs: I was doing a project amd had many programs running but shut them down then opened a pdf in google chrome. I then went to open word and that's where the problems started. I tried clicking word but it wouldn't open in any way. I then had to power off my computer with my power...
  8. Lag in system when a program is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag in system when a program is closed: After updating my system to 1803 Build 17134.48, I've noticed that the whatever program that the system is running sputters/freezes for couple of seconds whenever another program is closed. This includes dialog boxes, the Edge browser, the Start menu basically whatever is...
  9. Lag when opening programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag when opening programs: --- revised 2/18/16 --- No further instances of lag (which can also stop macros from completing) since SUPERFETCH was disabled. However, some users report occasional lag despite this measure, and the underlying problem is extant. It appears to have nothing to do with...
  10. 3-second lag when launching programs

in Windows 10 Support
    3-second lag when launching programs: UPDATE: Well, I suffered with this for a number of months, but the recent major update (2015/11/11) seems to have fixed it, so case closed. Hi, I'm an ex programmer and I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. I have a desktop with an Intel i5, and a Gigabyte motherboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc lags when opening programs