Windows 10: Lag when renaming folder in Windows 10

Discus and support Lag when renaming folder in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there So basically whenever i tried renaming a folder it kind of lag for around ~1 second before it can complete. It is not really a major... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aioxen, Aug 19, 2016.

1. aioxen Win User

Lag when renaming folder in Windows 10

Hi there

So basically whenever i tried renaming a folder it kind of lag for around ~1 second before it can complete. It is not really a major problem but it is a problem nonetheless since I have only recently upgraded my system and it should not produce that kind of performance. here is my spec:

Intel i5 6600
    Samsung evo 850 120 gb ssd
    Gtx 1060
    8gb ddr4 ram

I use samsung drive cloning tool to clone my previous windows drive to the samsung ssd. Might this be the culprit? Should I tried reinstalling windows?

I also did several things to my pc before I notice this problem (which I dont think is the cause, but I will list it anyway)

1. Windows anniversary update (unfortunately i didnt notice if the problem happen before or after the update), and i already deleted windows.old to save some space.
    2. Installing msi afterburner and did some overclocking
    3. moving batman arkham knight from hard drive to ssd (my main drive) using steam mover.

I tried to clean boot my windows but the problem still occur, so other programs probably are not conflicting with this.
    I also tried unchecking the option 'read only' on file properties and disable the file index but both method was unproductive.

here is the video showing the problem

YouTube

Thank you for the help

:)

aioxen, Aug 19, 2016
  2. K Ong Win User

Windows 10 Explorer lags/crashes when renaming folders

Hi! Okay disabling/stopping the Windows Search service worked for me. Uninstalled my AV and tried but problem still persisted so am sure AV is not the problem.

As for Windows Search, when I turned it off I could create, rename and delete folders without lags and crashes. However, once I turned on Windows Explorer and the WSearch started running again, I could create and rename the first folder without hassle; however,
    subsequent folders would cause my Windows Explorer to lag and crash. Any idea how I could deal with this problem? Or should I manually turn off Windows Search every time I wanted to create and rename folders. Thanks!!

K Ong, Aug 19, 2016
  3. K Ong Win User
    Windows 10 Explorer lags/crashes when renaming folders

Hi I have performed the clean boot and the results are inconsistent. After I have performed the clean boot, I am able to create and rename folders without lags and crashes for a period of time before the lags come back again. I checked under my system
    configurations and despite disabling all other services (except Microsoft services), my anti-virus software continues to show "Running". So could it be my anti-virus software that is conflicting with Windows Explorer? Thanks!!

K Ong, Aug 19, 2016
Thema:

Lag when renaming folder in Windows 10

1. Lag when renaming folder in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lag renaming folder

2. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming a Folder: HelloI transferred a folder to Google Drive as a back up. It seems automatically the original folder was named as MobilMover.exe., and my original folder was made sub-folder! I am not sure what the folder name MobilMover.exe is doing? I tried to rename it but will not allow...
  3. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming a Folder: HelloI transferred a folder to Google Drive as a back up. It seems automatically the original folder was named as MobilMover.exe., and my original folder was made sub-folder! I am not sure what the folder name MobilMover.exe is doing? I tried to rename it but will not allow...
  4. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Rename the User’s Folder in Windows 10

Rename the User’s Folder in Windows 10: Hi, I was trying to change my username folder in my windows 10 home but I can't change it because previously I had Google backup and sync installed on my computer. I uninstalled that program and even deleted the folder from my computer. I couldn't change my username even...
  6. Windows 10 hangs when I create or rename a folder

Windows 10 hangs when I create or rename a folder: If I right click on my desktop and go to new my computer freezes up for about 30 seconds. The box goes away and nothing happens. This makes it impossible to create a new folder on my desktop. Something I have been doing for many years. Before you suggest it is something wrong...
  7. renaming folders

renaming folders: I cannot rename folders with the usual right click method. When I right click and try to rename, I get 2 messages: 1) "Can't find the specified file." Then when I x out of that message, I get: 2) "The file or folder does not exist." I can rename the folder by going to the...
  8. Rename user folder in windows 10

Rename user folder in windows 10: Got the BSOD and had to reload Windows 10. My email address starts with MNstrel@ so windows made my user folder MNstr. I want my user folder to be my name, David B........ My microsoft account has my full name. My user account has my full name. When I try to make a local...
  9. Rename Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Folder in Windows 10: How to: Rename Folder in Windows 10 How to Rename Folder in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you different ways to rename a folder in Windows 10. *note If a folder is currently in use, for example by a program, Windows will not allow you to rename it. *note If...
  10. Rename Windows 10 system folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename Windows 10 system folders: Hi, All the folders less ShellExperienceHost in the following 4 folders, has been renamed. C:\Windows\SystemApps C:\Program Files\WindowsApps​ C:\Windows\InfusedApps\ C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages It has gone a few days, and still everything is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix folder create lag

2. win 10 lag when selecting new folder

3. windows 10 folder lag

4. windows 10 new folder lag,
  5. windows 10 lags when renaming a folder