Windows 10: Lagging issues

Discus and support Lagging issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys, seem to be having a problem with lagging. Not sure as to what the problem could be but have recognised its only existed since the switch over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by abrennan, Jan 28, 2016.

1. abrennan Win User

Lagging issues

Hey guys, seem to be having a problem with lagging. Not sure as to what the problem could be but have recognised its only existed since the switch over to Windows 10. Its becoming hugely frustrating and was wondering if anyone could give me some much needed advice *Smile Not sure what my CPU usage and my memory should be and because i basically only use my computer to play Football Manager and to browse the web occasionally, im unsure whether this is normal. Also have Norton Internet Security. Like i say guys i havent really got a clue about pc's and i know am asking alot with little information but ANY help would be great. Thanks

:)

abrennan, Jan 28, 2016
  2. lagging Win User

unable to find phone

I had the same problem with my E61. Updating or re-installing the NSU doesn't help.

I don't know if disabling the firewall, anti-virus etc. would help, cause I personally can't turn that off on my machine.

The only thing that will do the trick as qpalskwi noted is using another USB port (each USB port seems for some reason to use independent drivers) than where you used your PC Suite. Doing so makes turning firewalls or anti-virus etc. unnecessary.

lagging, Jan 28, 2016
  3. Kevin J S Win User
    lag issues

AlapPatil -

Thank you for posting.

If you just did the update to the preview version in the last couple of days, it can be normal for some decreased performance while everything completes the update process in the background. Sometimes deleting the Temporary Files from within Storage Sense
    and then doing a soft reset by holding Power and Volume Down for 15 seconds can help improve things, as well.

Also, we'll want to know your phone make and model, as well as the OS Version.

Regards,

Kevin J S, Jan 28, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Lagging issues

Welcome to Ten-Forums !
    Slow performance can be due to many running processes that startup with the PC and remain running, most are unneeded for that particular software to run.As i already see 48 processes in your picture. Take a look first at the Startup tab, either try to eliminate startups you feel you may not need starting and running or post a picture here plus the performance tab. Almost half your RAM seems a lot for one Game,but do not know about your PC specs.

System specs can help us more , try filling them in you profile.

jds63, Jan 28, 2016
  5. abrennan Win User
    hey jds63 thanks for the help. Ive updated my system specs if that helps a little but am not 100% sure how accurate they are *Redface Heres a pick of my StartUp

abrennan, Jan 28, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    Do not have a lot of items starting up shows although 86 processes on the performance tab, still see high CPU usage, but RAM usage is not too high and have 6GB of system RAM. Although not sure how much you are using at the time of this screen capture, see Chrome which tends to use a lot of resources when running.

What exact type of lag, freezes up (non-responsive) ? When did you upgrade, how long ago ? Is your system updated from HP's site with most recent updated system drivers ?

jds63, Jan 28, 2016
  7. abrennan Win User
    Upgraded around 3-4 months ago and its not been quite the same. The lag is just occasional freezing and e.g mouse cursor stuttering across. Really frustrating to be honest and affecting performance. Dont think my system is updated with HP as my subscription time has expired i think.

abrennan, Jan 28, 2016
  8. jds63 Win User

Lagging issues

No expiration for getting system drivers for your laptop on HP. Just use your model number and or service tag and see if they have Windows 10 drivers for your laptop.Maybe some running software is using up a lot of resources. You said it has been like this since the upgrade, check for drivers first then maybe should run a full system scan for Virus or Maleware. See you have Norton is that the 2015 Security ? Sometimes to can be a conflict with some software or drivers or corrupted system files.
    How old is the laptop ?

jds63, Jan 28, 2016
  9. abrennan Win User
    Yeah ive done various scans and yes i do have norton 2015. Its not a laptop sorry its a pc, but i was unaware i could get updated drivers via HP. That will be something i will look to do now. Thanks alot and ill let you know how i got on *Smile

abrennan, Jan 28, 2016
  10. jds63 Win User
    O.k., trying to think of other things that will cause this issue, do that in the meantime and rerun a full system scan won't hurt.
    Thinking it can be some incompatible software or conflict, hardrive issues or other internal hardware. Heat related issues if inside has accumilated too much dust and dirt or vents are blocked.

Trying in Safe mode to see if issues occur can determine if some other software or driver is causing this to happen, again if not very often this can be difficult. Give you a link for this.

Try running this from Admin Command Prompt then press enter
    can copy and paste to get it right

sfc /scannow

Same open command prompt after other finishes copy and paste this, let it finish and reboot

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Article from HP, says some i told you.
    HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

jds63, Jan 28, 2016
  11. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lagging issues

1. Lagging issues - Similar Threads - Lagging issues

2. Issues with audio and lag in general

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with audio and lag in general: I don't know where this should be posted, so I'm posting here since I saw someone else do it. I have spent ages searching, trying out different solutions and it hasn't worked. My audio seems to have these random popping and crackling stutters and this has been going on for...
  3. Issues with audio and lag in general

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with audio and lag in general: I don't know where this should be posted, so I'm posting here since I saw someone else do it. I have spent ages searching, trying out different solutions and it hasn't worked. My audio seems to have these random popping and crackling stutters and this has been going on for...
  4. Issues with audio and lag in general

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issues with audio and lag in general

6. Laptop experiences frequent lag issues after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop experiences frequent lag issues after recent Windows update: My laptop's Windows had an update last February 24, 2024. I just noticed there was an update by the time when I was about to shut down my laptop after doing some work. After the update was completed and my laptop turned off, I turned it on to see what's with the new update. I...
  7. Laptop experiences frequent lag issues after recent Windows update

Laptop experiences frequent lag issues after recent Windows update: My laptop's Windows had an update last February 24, 2024. I just noticed there was an update by the time when I was about to shut down my laptop after doing some work. After the update was completed and my laptop turned off, I turned it on to see what's with the new update. I...
  8. What should I do? autotype issue and touchpad lag??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do? autotype issue and touchpad lag??: Dear Microsoft, My laptop autotype 6666666....... continuously and Never stop until I click Ctrl+shift+back key and backspace but it start again after sometime.My laptop touchpad is also lagging and system is also hanging What should I do please tell me?My laptop software...
  9. What should I do? autotype issue and touchpad lag??

What should I do? autotype issue and touchpad lag??: Dear Microsoft, My laptop autotype 6666666....... continuously and Never stop until I click Ctrl+shift+back key and backspace but it start again after sometime.My laptop touchpad is also lagging and system is also hanging What should I do please tell me?My laptop software...
  10. What should I do? autotype issue and touchpad lag??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging