Windows 10: Lagging Mouse in Windows 10

Discus and support Lagging Mouse in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, so recently (5 days ago) i did a fresh install of my computer. Once I got everything back up and running, my mouse cursor started to lag. So, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lexielynne, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Lagging Mouse in Windows 10

Ok, so recently (5 days ago) i did a fresh install of my computer. Once I got everything back up and running, my mouse cursor started to lag. So, i thought, well maybe there was a corrupted file somehow, so I done it again. I actually used the "System Recovery" in Windows 10 to erase and re-install Windows 10. I have the Pro Edition. I still have a lagging mouse cursor. I have scanned for viruses/malware/trojans/etc, uninstall/reinstalled the mouse driver, and even re-booted my computer.. Nothing has worked. I have Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165) Can anyone help me, or do I need to create a bootable USB Flash Drive from an ISO file from the Windows website?

:)

lexielynne, Jul 18, 2018

2. Mouse Lag!?!

Basically what it does is remove the mouse acceleration in XP. The mouse will feel slower at first, but eventually you'll get used to it... the only reason why I suggested the mouse fix was because mouse acceleration sometimes causes the sensation of having a laggy mouse (laggy meaning responding slowly). If you meant lag as in jumping around and generally not being responsive, then I guess you'll need to wait for more suggestions *Smile Lagging Mouse in Windows 10 :)

anticlutch, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Lagging Mouse in Windows 10

Mouse Lag

Hi,

Mouse lag and touchpad issues may occur due to damaged cables, outdated drivers, and more. To rectify those concerns, we suggest that you refer to this

article
    where you'll find troubleshooting steps suitable for mouse, touchpad, and keyboard issues.

If you're going to update your driver, we suggest that you do it manually instead of letting Windows search for an updated driver automatically. Here's how you can do it:

• Visit your device manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver from there.
    • Right-click on the Start button, then select Device Manager.
    • Select Mice and other pointing device, then the mouse
      driver name.
    • Right-click on driver and then select Uninstall device >Delete the driver software for this device check box >
      Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling, right-click on the driver that's having the issue, select
      Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Browse > look for the driver you've just downloaded >
      OK.
    • Select Next > follow the steps to install the driver >
      Close
    • Restart your computer.

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Lagging Mouse in Windows 10

1. Lagging Mouse in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lagging Mouse

2. Surface Pro 9 mouse lagging on its own screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 9 mouse lagging on its own screen: When connected to the external screen and on the battery, the external mouse is working without a lag, while I'm working on the Surface Pro 9 screen, the mouse is lagging even in "Best Performance" mode, Please help to fix it.Surface Pro 9 for Business Model - 2038 i7Windows...
  3. Surface Pro 9 mouse lagging on its own screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 9 mouse lagging on its own screen: When connected to the external screen and on the battery, the external mouse is working without a lag, while I'm working on the Surface Pro 9 screen, the mouse is lagging even in "Best Performance" mode, Please help to fix it.Surface Pro 9 for Business Model - 2038 i7Windows...
  4. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging: Hi all, hope you all are having a great time.The keyboard and mouse input is lagging every few seconds or minutes.Not only the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse input but also the direct input from the laptop keyboard and trackpad are also lagging and this is extremely...
  5. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging: Hi all, hope you all are having a great time.The keyboard and mouse input is lagging every few seconds or minutes.Not only the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse input but also the direct input from the laptop keyboard and trackpad are also lagging and this is extremely...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 11 lagging and mouse seems to accelerate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lagging and mouse seems to accelerate: Hi.I updated my laptop yesterday went to sleep today when I got home my laptop seem to be lagging. My mouse seems to accelerate as well im using it to 1600 dpi and it feels like 3200 for a second. I have deleted the update restarted it but it didnt solve the issue. Also when...
  8. Windows 11 lagging and mouse seems to accelerate

Windows 11 lagging and mouse seems to accelerate: Hi.I updated my laptop yesterday went to sleep today when I got home my laptop seem to be lagging. My mouse seems to accelerate as well im using it to 1600 dpi and it feels like 3200 for a second. I have deleted the update restarted it but it didnt solve the issue. Also when...
  9. How do I fix my mouse so that it doesn't keep either lagging, disconnecting and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my mouse so that it doesn't keep either lagging, disconnecting and...: For a few days now, my mouse a wired glorious model O has been disconnecting and reconnecting at random. This was getting quite annoying and so I tried updating the driver, but now my mouse doesn't even show up anymore in the device manager, nor does it register any movement...
  10. How do I fix my mouse so that it doesn't keep either lagging, disconnecting and...

How do I fix my mouse so that it doesn't keep either lagging, disconnecting and...: For a few days now, my mouse a wired glorious model O has been disconnecting and reconnecting at random. This was getting quite annoying and so I tried updating the driver, but now my mouse doesn't even show up anymore in the device manager, nor does it register any movement...