Windows 10: LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge)

Discus and support LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there I don't like a load of LAN cables everywhere and "She who must be obeyed" was complaining about number of boxes / gadgets / flashing lights... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Mar 10, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge)

Hi there

I don't like a load of LAN cables everywhere and "She who must be obeyed" was complaining about number of boxes / gadgets / flashing lights etc under the TV !!!!!! so I've moved the two servers out of the way and just have the cable box/ main router.

so this I found was a really woman friendly solution for masses of LAN cable etc etc. !!!!!!!!

If you have fast Wifi and you have some Ethernet only gear connected away from your Router / Cablebox you can use a "Wireless Bridge" -- It's possible to "Hobble" some old routers via DD-WRT but not all routers do that and you might want to use fast wifi connectors. Some modern cheap routers now allow "Wireless Bridging" too.

You need to set the second router up as your wireless bridge and then plug the LAN cables from your devices into that router which will connect wirelessly to your network.

I found this Router actually very good -- also works on new 802.11ac protocol (up to 433 Mbs in the 5GHZ band so plenty for your server / streaming devices).

IPlugged the NAS'es Ethernet connectors into the lan connects on the "Bridge Router" -- works fine

This one was 32 EUR inc Tax.

Edimax BR-6208AC Wi-Fi Ethernet LAN Dual-band Router - Grey It does work as WIFI Bridge -- you have to ensure your router can do that function if you buy a new router.

If you have fast wifi and want to get rid of LAN cables and move boxes like NAS boxes into spare closets etc out of the way then IMO this is the way to go.

Smart TV's / Chromecast etc etc can all be controlled via smart phones too - avoiding a "Handset jungle" as well.

I had to go down this route as she absolutely put her foot down with one single more wire or "box" being installed near the main TV. !!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 10, 2016
  2. coron162 Win User

Network Device connects to WiFi SSID

I have a Samsung Pro700T Tablet with Windows 10, and a charging base (usb and ethernet cable adapter input on base). So I had Andy android emulator running, and was using wifi for Internet access. I then clicked on a bridged connection option for Andy, however
    it didn't do anything (I think). I then proceeded to connect my tablet to the base--which auto connects to the cabled ethernet port. I then displayed something about the connection being bad. Now in the Network Device Settings it displays the SSID under the
    LAN device, and the WiFi if it's on..Also, my wifi (quick on/off) button on the action bar is now gone..I'm wondering if the LAN is being bridged via the WiFi connection, but I have yet to troubleshoot some more..I'll post a picture when I can..

Thanks..

coron162, Mar 10, 2016
  3. cahsolo Win User
    Network bridge does not work in windows 10

hi Kiran.

laptop1 is connected via wifi to router.

laptop2 is connected via LAN cable to laptop1.

Then I created the network bridge between ethernet and wifi at laptop1.

Up to this point, previously (win8), laptop2 is able to access internet.

However, now (win10), laptop2 is unable to access internet.

============================================

Now I tried to run the Troubleshooter but the result is "couldn't identify the problem".

What can I do next?

cahsolo, Mar 10, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

We hooked a powerline 1200 with gigabit ports up to our tv and it does the job nicely. It lives behind the tv and therefore is out of site. My NAS is also powerlined 1200 connected.

swarfega, Mar 10, 2016
Thema:

1. LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) - Similar Threads - LAN Cable free

2. LAN cable disconnecting WIFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN cable disconnecting WIFI: We have just received our new DTF printer which users a LAN cable to connect this to the laptop. How ever when we connect this to the port it automatically disconnects the WiFi. This seem to be getting the priority over WiFi. The printer doesn't need a Internet connect just...
  3. LAN cable disconnecting WIFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAN cable disconnecting WIFI: We have just received our new DTF printer which users a LAN cable to connect this to the laptop. How ever when we connect this to the port it automatically disconnects the WiFi. This seem to be getting the priority over WiFi. The printer doesn't need a Internet connect just...
  4. LAN cable disconnecting WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC: I'd like to share my laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to my PC.However, it appears that once I plug in the cable to the laptop, instead of sharing, it makes it so even the laptop will not have WiFi. It will not let me get WiFi back on the laptop, unless unplug the cable, and...
  6. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC: I'd like to share my laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to my PC.However, it appears that once I plug in the cable to the laptop, instead of sharing, it makes it so even the laptop will not have WiFi. It will not let me get WiFi back on the laptop, unless unplug the cable, and...
  7. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

8. 2 issues: Plugging in an Ethernet cable disables wifi. Even if the ethernet cable isn't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 issues: Plugging in an Ethernet cable disables wifi. Even if the ethernet cable isn't...: What Im trying to do: PC on wifi. TV on ethernet the simple act of plugging in an ethernet cable disables my wifi, regardless of where it goes. On top of that, the cable has a solid or blinking amber link light when connected to my tv, meanwhile network and sharing says it's...
  9. Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable: Pretty self-explanatory: The computer recognises the Wifi extender as a wireless network but refuses to connect the computer to the extender via the ethernet cable that I have plugged in. The weird part is that the computer is now telling me that an ethernet connection has...
  10. Dune via Ethernet cable

Dune via Ethernet cable: I cannot see my display Dune Hd TV303D on my PC Network . The Dune is connected via a router and switch box. I can see features directly to my TV through the some network. I wish to control the Dune functions via my PC which i cannot located Please advise Thanks...