Windows 10: LAN settings interfering with Windows app store

Discus and support LAN settings interfering with Windows app store in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was having an issue where the Windows app store refused to launch and it would throw the following error: [img] After a little research I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kered1010, Apr 8, 2017.

1. kered1010 Win User

LAN settings interfering with Windows app store

I was having an issue where the Windows app store refused to launch and it would throw the following error:

LAN settings interfering with Windows app store [​IMG]

After a little research I found something that said the LAN settings in IE have been set to use a proxy server and it looks like so:

I have no idea why this setting would be in place. After unchecking the box the Windows app store begins to work again. However, whenever the PC is rebooted the settings go back to the way they were. Why doesn't it maintain the setting change, why does it have this setting in the first place, and is there any way to get it to remember this setting? This is the only PC in the house (out of 4 total) that does this. The distinction that PC holds is that it is the only PC hardwired into the router while the others use wi-fi. However, I unplugged it from the router and it did not seem to make a lick of difference. After rebooting it, it still put the setting back to using that proxy server.

So my main question is how do I get it to maintain the setting to not use the proxy server?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!*Smile

:)

kered1010, Apr 8, 2017

2. Windows Store

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features Search for Store Select it Click Advanced options Click Reset, try launching the Store again. Start by running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. Your Antivirus might be interfering with the Store, try
    disabling it 'temporarily' to see if it launches. Check Windows Update and install the latest updates. Sometimes Microsoft releases infrastructure fixes for the Store through Windows Update.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 8, 2017
  3. Windows interfering with Numlock settings.

Windows 10 has just foisted another update on me, and yet again the Numlock key has been turned off, whereas I need it ON all the time. None of the usual supposed remedies work this time, and each time I restart my laptop I have to turn the key back on
    to enter my password (which in line with good practice includes numeric characters). It also seems to turn off intermittently when the machine goes into sleep mode - sometimes it's on, and others not, on wakeup. Microsoft, this cannot be so difficult - many
    of us prefer Numlock on all the time, so why do you insist in turnong it off?

PeterCollinson, Apr 8, 2017
  4. sml156 Win User

sml156, Apr 9, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    Agreed, could be an infection, not uncommon. Usually the only setting most consumers need is the first item on that panel about Automatically detect.................., called DHCP [Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol] and is what the ISP subscribed to needs. The ISP could require a Static IP but they will tell the consumer that.

Berton, Apr 9, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Another reason is Anti Virus Software as this often uses a proxy so it can scan all traffic. In a browser enter 127.0.0.1:8003 does anything show? The proxy is running local on the pc

Please download and save FRST 64bit or FRST 32 bit to your Desktop.

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST.exe
    http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST64.exe

Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    Make sure that Addition option is checked.
    Press Scan button.
    It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
    Please copy and paste log back here.
    The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

Samuria, Apr 9, 2017
  7. kered1010 Win User
    Here you go! Yeah, I tried to go to the 127 with that specific port and got nada. The only antivirus I got running on this PC is Windows defender. I am about in run a scan with Hitman and perhaps malware bytes as well. Let know what ya see.

Thanks!

kered1010, Apr 9, 2017
  8. kered1010 Win User

Hey guys, thanks for the suggestion that it could be malware. I am running a scan with hitman and malware bytes. I never used the MS malicious removal tool. I guess I will give it a shot and run that one as well. Will let you know if this fixes it.

Thanks!

kered1010, Apr 9, 2017
  9. kered1010 Win User
    Noticed something weird when I ran a scan. It picked up that it was running the proxy setting:

Is it recognizing that there is something amiss about this?

kered1010, Apr 9, 2017
  10. sml156 Win User
    I would see if hitmanpro can repair it.

One of the problems when malware uses a proxy server is that you cannot really trust that your computer is going to the site that you think you are going, For example if you click on a link that says Code: https://www.malwarebytes.com[/quote] you could be redirected to a site that looks the same but is there only to get you to download something even worse, I probably should have mentioned that earlier. But your pick of hitmanpro looks right so just repair it.

sml156, Apr 9, 2017
  11. kered1010 Win User
    Ran a netstat command and saw this:

TCP 127.0.0.1:8003 Oxxxxx-xxxxxp:0 LISTENING
    [winsrcsrv.exe]

So even after running, MS malicious softare removal tool, hitman, and Roguekiller both of which hitman and roguekiller said they recognize the proxy server threat on multiple finds and stated it would remove it, and yet it's still there. Whoa, this one is a doozy. What do you guys think of Zoek by Smeenk? Should I give that a shot?

kered1010, Apr 9, 2017
  12. sml156 Win User
    It's been more than 10 years since I have had malware on any of my computers but if I did get something I would not play around and see if I could delete it, I would find the latest version of Windows and use it to completely remove all files and partitions and do a clean install.

The newest version of Windows is:
    Version: 1703
    OS build: 15063

I would use another computer and go to the manufactures support page and download all the drivers and save them to USB drive before starting.

sml156, Apr 9, 2017
  13. kered1010 Win User

What about the PC reset feature? Isn't that essentially an OS reload?

kered1010, Apr 9, 2017
  14. kered1010 Win User
    I actually have a handy little tool called double driver that gets a copy of all the drivers on the PC that you can then reinstall after your OS reload the PC.

kered1010, Apr 9, 2017
  15. kered1010 Win User
    Ok guys, I think this one is finally solved. I was changing the proxy configuration by going to "run" and entering "inetcpl.cpl" and then connections>>Lan settings. This time I made the change by using the new settings by going start>settings>network and internet and disabling the proxy through there and when I did that the setting stuck after reboot. Very, very strange as I would think both locations would essentially be the same place to make the change. But you were correct in the original assessment of it being malware. Thanks everyone for your feedback and help.

kered1010, Apr 9, 2017
Thema:

1. LAN settings interfering with Windows app store - Similar Threads - LAN settings interfering

2. Parental Controls Interfering with opening apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental Controls Interfering with opening apps: I have had this problem for a while now. I have tried reinstalling windows, updating to windows 11 and even editing registry files to no avail. Whenever I open any windows app as in windows store, calculator or anything like that it will instead bring up a box saying parental...
  3. Parental Controls Interfering with opening apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parental Controls Interfering with opening apps: I have had this problem for a while now. I have tried reinstalling windows, updating to windows 11 and even editing registry files to no avail. Whenever I open any windows app as in windows store, calculator or anything like that it will instead bring up a box saying parental...
  4. Repairing Windows Store and Settings Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Repairing Windows Store and Settings Apps: I did a repair install hoping that it would fix the problem of the Windows Store app not working. But it didn't. Now a few months later, the Settings app suddenly doesn't work. Sfc/scannow reports corrupted files. I tried resetting the aps and reregistering them, but that...
  5. Photos App Interfering with Test Assessment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos App Interfering with Test Assessment: I'm having an issue where Windows 10 is prelaunching Microsoft.Photos in the background which causes some state test assessment software to not function because that's a potential cheating violation:I've had this happen years ago but it was resolved by disabling App...
  6. settings app and store app issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings app and store app issues: When I click the windows button and then on settings, a panel opens, with the wheel in the middle and totally blue see picture below. The app doesn't start. I can not access any parameter, but I get there through the control panel same issue with store, and maybe others...
  7. Set Windows 10 to "Wake on LAN:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Set Windows 10 to "Wake on LAN:: I'm trying to set a Windows 10 computer to "Wake on LAN' so that I can wake it up remotely and connect through Team Viewer. I found instructions telling me to go to Device Manager, Network Adapters, properties for the Realtek PCIe GbG card, advanced. On the instructions, I...
  8. LAN Settings in Proxy Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN Settings in Proxy Settings: I have an ethernet connection for my internet in which I have to use LAN settings in Proxy settings in chrome due to which I am not able to use the internet in any app except google chrome. FYI, for google chrome too I have to go through squid authentication to access...
  9. Setting up LAN

Setting up LAN: I will be receiving a new computer shortly with Win 10 already installed. Computer does not have DVD drive. If I have to set up an internet connection using LAN to router I would appreciate an how to please. Thanks 99313
  10. LAN Settings

LAN Settings: Hello, I am after some help with a issue that keeps happening with my PC. Every couple of days the setting, as shown in the attached pic, keeps being re ticked. This messes with how Chrome works and even with the emails. Is there some way I can stop this from being re...