Windows 10: LAN Settings

Discus and support LAN Settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am after some help with a issue that keeps happening with my PC. Every couple of days the setting, as shown in the attached pic, keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jas70, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Jas70 Win User

LAN Settings

Hello,

I am after some help with a issue that keeps happening with my PC. Every couple of days the setting, as shown in the attached pic, keeps being re ticked. This messes with how Chrome works and even with the emails.

Is there some way I can stop this from being re ticked or disabled in some way

Thanks in advance

Jason

:)

Jas70, Mar 9, 2016
  2. cdhreagan Win User

LAN Settings

Proxy REFUSES to STAY off. I keep having to go in and de-select it. This didn't used to be a problem. Now it turns back on multiple times a day, effectively blocking out the internet with no warning. How do I make the settings STAY unselected?

And before someone suggests changing explorer options, don't. I NEVER use that browser. This is a problem with the internet settings themselves not browser settings (Chrome)

cdhreagan, Mar 9, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 9, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

LAN Settings

All the computers I've had to work on and their ISPs required ONLY the top item having a checkmark.

Berton, Mar 9, 2016
  5. sml156 Win User
    The only thing I would suggest is to Make sure all browsers are closed, then first delete the text inside the Use Automatic script and then select Automatically detect settings then press OK and then press Apply before closing Internet Properties.

If that does not Make it stick I don't know what the problem is.

sml156, Mar 9, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Looks like someone caught an infection. Follow the information in this tutorial to clean up the mess. READ RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker) | MajorGeeks.Com Support Forums

All it would have taken you three was a quick search at google.com to find out that this is a common infection by using another method to redirect with a proxy. The file localhost.local needs to be removed. Run the software in the link to clean out any infections that may have been hijacked on the system by the IP in the file.

bro67, Mar 9, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    The problem is that they picked up an infection that loaded the file localhost.local on their machine.

bro67, Mar 9, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

LAN Settings

No ISP requires anything to be checked in that box. The person is infected and got the file localhost.local loaded on their system by a hijack. Search Engines are a great tool.

bro67, Mar 9, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    Like I said, the ISPs available in my area DO require the "Automatically detect......" box to be checked and nothing else. Sometimes it works after quite a long wait time when the box is not checked but I have to go with the instructions provided by those ISPs to help keep THEIR customers happy.

Berton, Mar 9, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    That box does not have to be checked in order to get online. It only gets enabled by Hijack Malware and if you are required on a domain for certain systems.

There is no ISP that uses a configuration script for getting online anymore, because they cause too many headaches with those who do not understand how things work on a network.

You are lucky to get someone at an ISP that was not flipping burgers two months ago.

In this case it is not the check mark that got them infected, it was bad computer habits.

bro67, Mar 9, 2016
  11. Jas70 Win User
    Thank you all for your replies

bro67 I am trying your answer now, thanks

Cheers

Jason

Jas70, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

LAN Settings

1. LAN Settings - Similar Threads - LAN Settings

2. When setting up wifi security cams I keep getting host ip other devices w/in lan ip...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When setting up wifi security cams I keep getting host ip other devices w/in lan ip...: WHEN SETTING UP WIFI SECURTY CAMS I KEEP GETTING HOST IP and OTHER DEVICES W/IN LAN IP CONFLICT GOTO SETTINGS AND MODIFY IP IVE LOOKED OVER ALL SETTINGS CAN NOT FIND A SEASCOUDARY DDNS i have looked over the wifi settings and my ip add is correct and the gate way looks good...
  3. When setting up wifi security cams I keep getting host ip other devices w/in lan ip...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When setting up wifi security cams I keep getting host ip other devices w/in lan ip...: WHEN SETTING UP WIFI SECURTY CAMS I KEEP GETTING HOST IP and OTHER DEVICES W/IN LAN IP CONFLICT GOTO SETTINGS AND MODIFY IP IVE LOOKED OVER ALL SETTINGS CAN NOT FIND A SEASCOUDARY DDNS i have looked over the wifi settings and my ip add is correct and the gate way looks good...
  4. WHEN SETTING UP WIFI SECURTY CAMS I KEEP GETTING HOST IP OTHER DEVICES W/IN LAN IP CONFLICT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEN SETTING UP WIFI SECURTY CAMS I KEEP GETTING HOST IP OTHER DEVICES W/IN LAN IP CONFLICT...: WHEN SETTING UP WIFI SECURTY CAMS I KEEP GETTING HOST IP and OTHER DEVICES W/IN LAN IP CONFLICT GOTO SETTINGS AND MODIFY IP IVE LOOKED OVER ALL SETTINGS CAN NOT FIND A SEASCOUDARY DDNS i have looked over the wifi settings and my ip add is correct and the gate way looks good...
  5. WHEN SETTING UP WIFI SECURTY CAMS I KEEP GETTING HOST IP OTHER DEVICES W/IN LAN IP CONFLICT...

WHEN SETTING UP WIFI SECURTY CAMS I KEEP GETTING HOST IP OTHER DEVICES W/IN LAN IP CONFLICT...: WHEN SETTING UP WIFI SECURTY CAMS I KEEP GETTING HOST IP and OTHER DEVICES W/IN LAN IP CONFLICT GOTO SETTINGS AND MODIFY IP IVE LOOKED OVER ALL SETTINGS CAN NOT FIND A SEASCOUDARY DDNS i have looked over the wifi settings and my ip add is correct and the gate way looks good...
  6. Can't click OK button in LAN Settings under Internet Options

Can't click OK button in LAN Settings under Internet Options: Hi,I want to change my proxy settings or wanna use automatically detect settings but I cannot even click on OK button in LAN Settings.I did network reset but it does not work.My machine is running on Windows 10 Pro 22H2....
  7. Can't click OK button in LAN Settings under Internet Options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't click OK button in LAN Settings under Internet Options: Hi,I want to change my proxy settings or wanna use automatically detect settings but I cannot even click on OK button in LAN Settings.I did network reset but it does not work.My machine is running on Windows 10 Pro 22H2....
  8. Can't click OK button in LAN Settings under Internet Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Cannot connect to WSL2 docker service from LAN, netsh portproxy already set

Cannot connect to WSL2 docker service from LAN, netsh portproxy already set: Hello, I recently started a docker service in my WSL2 ubuntu, and I would like to access it from my LAN devices, I followed the instructions in this article: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/networking, ,my command was:netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4...
  10. Cannot connect to WSL2 docker service from LAN, netsh portproxy already set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to WSL2 docker service from LAN, netsh portproxy already set: Hello, I recently started a docker service in my WSL2 ubuntu, and I would like to access it from my LAN devices, I followed the instructions in this article: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/networking, ,my command was:netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4...