Windows 10: Language Bar Display

Discus and support Language Bar Display in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The language bar only displays 3 squares when Thai keyboard is used. How to get it to display properly? [img] [img] In Windows 7 it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fyrekrig, Nov 6, 2017.

1. fyrekrig Win User

Language Bar Display

The language bar only displays 3 squares when Thai keyboard is used.
    How to get it to display properly?

Language Bar Display [​IMG]

In Windows 7 it is displayed properly or (TH)

:)

fyrekrig, Nov 6, 2017
  2. Phobi69 Win User

The language that is not enabled in the system is displayed in the language bar

The language that is not enabled in the system is displayed in the language bar
    12.04.2017-09.54.31

Phobi69, Nov 6, 2017
  3. "Input Indicator" keeps turning off

No, its not working.

Also, 'Use the desktop language bar when it's available' should not be checked because that is the main setting responsible for displaying language bar. It's still not working for me.

jha.amit6666, Nov 6, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Language Bar Display

Looks like Thai font wasn't properly installed when installing language. Does Thai works normally otherwise?

Try reinstalling Thai language, or check in optional features.

AndreTen, Nov 6, 2017
  5. fyrekrig Win User
    Have reinstalled. Same thing.
    Changing between input llanguages works fine as well as typing.

Only language bar display looks weired

fyrekrig, Nov 7, 2017
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Try checking system files (running "sfc /scannow" in elevated command prompt).

Did you install supplemental fonts in Settings / Apps / Manage optional features?

AndreTen, Nov 7, 2017
  7. fyrekrig Win User
    Have not installed any additional fonts.
    Typing in Thai works in Notepad, Word and browser (Chrome) searches.
    If I try naming a folder in thai I get squares only.
    Don't need full language packs only basic typing.

fyrekrig, Nov 7, 2017
  8. AndreTen Win User

Language Bar Display

You could try to install Thai language pack (complete) and then revert back to English display.

Only found this in MS forums (social.technet.microsoft.com):
    Edit: did you change any system fonts with Winaero (or similar)?

AndreTen, Nov 7, 2017
  9. fyrekrig Win User
    Have made a fresh install and now everything is working.
    Thanks for your help

fyrekrig, Nov 8, 2017
  10. AndreTen Win User
    *Thumbs Now, when everything is working, make a backup image. Macrium reflect free is easy to use and used by many here...

AndreTen, Nov 8, 2017
  11. fyrekrig Win User
    I have used Macrium for the last 3-4 years. Very good.
    What was actually missing was the thai font Leelawadee.
    Just installed that font on another PC and got everything working there as well without a fresh install!

fyrekrig, Nov 8, 2017
  12. AndreTen Win User
    @fyrekrig thanks for posting back about solution.
    Can you provide some details about font installation - what is the file name, so others could find it and download? To help other users in future. If I understood you correctly, you have had this problem on multiple computers?

AndreTen, Nov 8, 2017
  13. fyrekrig Win User

Language Bar Display

I use WinReducer to minimize the OS footprint. Deleting features I am not likely to use.So I delete most languages, keyboards, fonts, etc and all MetroApps and reduce the size of the inflated WinSxS folder. My Windows system folder is 2.6 GB and all works perfectly. Used this way of installing Windows since early days ofWindows7 so I have some experience.
    Sometimes I go too far and delete something that I might use in the future so I just make another WinReducer ISO with the feature intact. In this case I suspected a Thai font was missing so I included Leelawadee in a new ISO image. The Thai font Leelawadee is included in the standard Windows 10 ISO. After the new install worked I copied Leelawadee.ttf from the Font directory and put on another PC and installed it (right click on the font file/Install) and now the language bar display looks as expected on all our six PC's.

fyrekrig, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Language Bar Display

1. Language Bar Display - Similar Threads - Language Bar Display

2. Language bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language bar: My language bar is hidden from the taskbar though I check the box for Show text labels on the Language bar and Show additional Language bar icons in the taskbar. What Can I do? Please help. I can't alter my languages...
  3. LANGUAGE BAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LANGUAGE BAR: why language is removed from taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/7333fb49-de5f-4daa-8a84-3553d7927bc0
  4. LANGUAGE BAR

LANGUAGE BAR: why language is removed from taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/7333fb49-de5f-4daa-8a84-3553d7927bc0
  5. I can't view or delete a language in display language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't view or delete a language in display language bar: I already tried with PowerShell but it also doesn't appear there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-view-or-delete-a-language-in-display/875cfa08-15bb-494d-a55d-4271b1e75df7
  6. I can't view or delete a language in display language bar

I can't view or delete a language in display language bar: I already tried with PowerShell but it also doesn't appear there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-view-or-delete-a-language-in-display/875cfa08-15bb-494d-a55d-4271b1e75df7
  7. Language Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Bar: Hello there, I have been using win 11 for a week now and I don't have any idea why my language bar is missing and I cannot shift between languages. Please help.Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/84b831ad-5d20-4af0-81cf-be6f0b81e5c1
  8. Language Bar

Language Bar: Hello there, I have been using win 11 for a week now and I don't have any idea why my language bar is missing and I cannot shift between languages. Please help.Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/84b831ad-5d20-4af0-81cf-be6f0b81e5c1
  9. Registry Edit Languages Displayed / Selectable In Language Bar

Registry Edit Languages Displayed / Selectable In Language Bar: There are cases where suddenly a language (keyboard layout) not selected anywhere in the proper route of adding a language to windows is suddenly showing in Language Bar as a keyboard layout , and one of my laptops is currently a victim to that . I have tried the normal...
  10. language bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    language bar: I added some input languages, but they disappear from language bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/5b8c8ab2-0eab-432d-9de1-314d1422b400