Windows 10: Language bar gone :(

Discus and support Language bar gone :( in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hey guys! Hi guys! Need your help. I am running windows 10 in parallels 11, and unfortunately, I had to restore the virtual machine via time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by syc0294, Jan 26, 2016.

1. syc0294 Win User

Language bar gone :(

Hey guys!
    Hi guys! Need your help.
    I am running windows 10 in parallels 11, and unfortunately, I had to restore the virtual machine via time machine. It worked out, but i am left with not being able to change the input language on the windows side. It worked before i did the restore ( cmd + space would invoke the language bar in windows), and now i have no idea which side (win or mac) this problem is addressing from. I've tried everything on the windows side, but the language bar ain't showing up, or if it does (on task bar) it shows a blank space with no input options. I even tried the regedit cmd. Now, checking on the parallels preferences, i do notice the keyboard shortcut options, and the change language option is checked, but is greyed out...can't unselect -- if that mean anything. Driving me nuts this is. Where should i look next? Is it a windows problem or a parallels problem?
    Thanks in advance

:)

syc0294, Jan 26, 2016

2. Language bar is gone in windows 10

Language bar it was there and now itis gone. I have windows 10. Please for help.

DimitrisKorilis, Jan 26, 2016
  3. I see languages in language bar that I didn't installed

Hi,

thanks a lot.

Your idea has solved the problem. I added and then removed language and keyboard layout.

Both languages are gone from language bar.

Best regards, Andrey

Andrey_Martynov, Jan 26, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

Use Cortana in Windows 10 and search for Add a language and it should be at the top of the list.

Language bar gone :( [​IMG]

Or type in Language to go to the control panel.

sml156, Jan 26, 2016
  5. syc0294 Win User
    thanks for your reply but i've already got the language installed in windows. The thing is i can't switch the input language when i want to type in a different language. The language bar won't even show. Even weirder, at the windows login screen, i can select different language inputs, but when i log in. there is no where that allows me to do so...

syc0294, Jan 26, 2016
  6. sml156 Win User
    Type in system icons

sml156, Jan 26, 2016
  7. syc0294 Win User
    tried that. when i do turn that on, it shows on the task bar, however it blank! I can tell because it moves my other system icons. its the strangest thing.

syc0294, Jan 26, 2016
  8. sml156 Win User

sml156, Jan 26, 2016
  9. sml156 Win User
    Do you have another language when you are at the control panel screen, Or is it like mine with only one.

sml156, Jan 26, 2016
  10. syc0294 Win User
    thank you, maybe its the only thing. would it be safe even though its a vm in parallels?

syc0294, Jan 26, 2016
  11. sml156 Win User
    I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with parallels

sml156, Jan 26, 2016
  12. syc0294 Win User

syc0294, Jan 26, 2016
  13. syc0294 Win User

before i would be just press cmd+space, and the language bar would show.... tried other combinations but nothin.

syc0294, Jan 26, 2016
  14. sml156 Win User
    Except for a Restore point I'm out of idea's. I don't use a Mac or parallels, I use VMware with Windows 10 as the host but Windows running in parallels should be totally separate from the host and not cause a problem like that.

sml156, Jan 26, 2016
  15. syc0294 Win User
    i'll give it go. hopefully it will work, i didn't even know windows had a restore point. sounds sort of like time machine. thanks for you input

syc0294, Jan 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Language bar gone :( - Similar Threads - Language bar gone

2. Language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language bar: My language bar is hidden from the taskbar though I check the box for Show text labels on the Language bar and Show additional Language bar icons in the taskbar. What Can I do? Please help. I can't alter my languages...
  3. Language bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language bar: My language bar is hidden from the taskbar though I check the box for Show text labels on the Language bar and Show additional Language bar icons in the taskbar. What Can I do? Please help. I can't alter my languages...
  4. LANGUAGE BAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LANGUAGE BAR: why language is removed from taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/7333fb49-de5f-4daa-8a84-3553d7927bc0
  5. LANGUAGE BAR

LANGUAGE BAR: why language is removed from taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/7333fb49-de5f-4daa-8a84-3553d7927bc0
  6. Language Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Bar: Hello there, I have been using win 11 for a week now and I don't have any idea why my language bar is missing and I cannot shift between languages. Please help.Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/84b831ad-5d20-4af0-81cf-be6f0b81e5c1
  7. Language Bar

Language Bar: Hello there, I have been using win 11 for a week now and I don't have any idea why my language bar is missing and I cannot shift between languages. Please help.Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/84b831ad-5d20-4af0-81cf-be6f0b81e5c1
  8. language bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    language bar: I've been switching from English to Japanese for years using the language bar. Now, for some reason when I switch to Japanese it will not type in Japanese characters, only Roman letters we use in English. I'm stuck. Any suggestions?...
  9. Residual Languages on Language Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Residual Languages on Language Bar: I use English UK and Greek, as my input languages in windows 10. The problem is that in the language bar that pops up with "win key + space bar" there are 2 more languages Greek with latin characters and English US. These 2 do not show in my language preferences or anywhere...
  10. language bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    language bar: I added some input languages, but they disappear from language bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/5b8c8ab2-0eab-432d-9de1-314d1422b400