Windows 10: Language Bar Hot Keys Not Saving

Discus and support Language Bar Hot Keys Not Saving in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm having a bit of a strange error and Googling around hasn't netted me any results. Basically, I have several languages I use with Windows 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shadow0144, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Language Bar Hot Keys Not Saving

I'm having a bit of a strange error and Googling around hasn't netted me any results.

Basically, I have several languages I use with Windows 10 and I want to be able to switch to them by number using the keyboard shortcuts. This was no problem before, but now that I've upgraded, bizarrely, numbers 1-5 won't save, but Alt+Shift+6 and +7 work fine. It's very strange. I've set the hot keys countless times, but they continue to get cleared whenever I hibernate my laptop.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

:)

Shadow0144, Apr 9, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

I cannot type "~" on keyboard

A possible solution might be to change the Hot Key combination for changing languages on your System

Go to Control Panel -
    Language - Advanced settings - Change language bar hot keys.

DaveM121, Apr 9, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Keyboard keys (caps lock, tab, and other keys not functioning

Hi Paolo, I remember this being a bug previously, please try this:

Go to Control Panel - Language

On the left click 'Advanced Settings

Click 'Change Language Bar Hot Keys'

On the 'Advanced Key Settings' tab

Select 'Press the Shift Key'

Click OK and Save

DaveM121, Apr 9, 2016
Thema:

Language Bar Hot Keys Not Saving

1. Language Bar Hot Keys Not Saving - Similar Threads - Language Bar Hot

2. Is There A Hot Key For Windows Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is There A Hot Key For Windows Settings?: I'm just typing away in Open Office in a text document and my left hand little finger slips a bit and hits more than one key somewhere over there where it 'lives' if you've got your hands in the classic touch typing position - i.e. little finger over 'A'. And 'windows...
  3. Hot key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hot key: I need to input my email address umpteen times and wonder if there is a method that I can program this into a hot key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-key/afda7900-16b8-4d77-bea3-82c2e69eb196
  4. Windows 10 - language hot keys settings erased

Windows 10 - language hot keys settings erased: Everytime when I restart my laptop all my hot keys settings are erased. [ATTACH] I have read this topic and I followed all the steps mentioned there but it didn't help....
  5. Hot keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hot keys: Hi. I have been provided a Lenovo laptop for work. While getting everything set I have noticed a lot of the hot keys are mixed up. When I press shift + (` 2 3 or ') or even the hash tag button without shift they give me the wrong symbol. I have tried running the...
  6. hot key for keyboard language change

hot key for keyboard language change: Is there a way to change the keyboard swapping hotkey on windows 10 from the windows key + space, to control + space, like it was on windows 7? I feel like the current hotkey is quite counter productive, because if you enter the keystroke too fast, sometimes it doesn't...
  7. Hot keys

Hot keys: How to disable hotkeys in latest version of windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-keys/56b08fc0-5735-41df-9613-7548603791cc
  8. Hot Key Issue

Hot Key Issue: Sound volume Hot keys are working but Brightness keys are not working... kindly tell me a solution... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-key-issue/0320f85b-9d50-4d63-9e0c-167c2df67714
  9. Problem: Redundant languages in the language bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem: Redundant languages in the language bar: I have on the language bars redundant languages, namely: English UK and English International, although my current language settings are configured to Arabic Saudi Arabia and English US. Here is a GIF explanation of my problem. Animated GIF - Find Share on GIPHY...
  10. Hot key for changing languages (Win+Spacebar) disabled?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hot key for changing languages (Win+Spacebar) disabled?: After the latest update, I notice that the Win+Spacebar hot key no longer works, and when I go to configure the language bar, it is not even an option any more. Am I missing something? 31550