Windows 10: Language changes after locking computer screen with windows+L

Discus and support Language changes after locking computer screen with windows+L in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I have the following issue that I'm unable to find solution for. I use two languages on my computer. One is English and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bmiha, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Bmiha Win User

Language changes after locking computer screen with windows+L

Hello everyone.

I have the following issue that I'm unable to find solution for. I use two languages on my computer. One is English and the secondary language is Croatian. After logging on my laptop, I always switch language to Croatian with using windows + spacebar. So the following thing happens. When I'm away from my laptop in company, I lock my laptop using windows + L and the language immediately changes back to English after locking my laptop. It doesn't remain on Croatian as it was before using the lock screen command. I tried using several methods found online that should prevent this from happening but none were effective.

Does anyone have any idea what needs to be on in order to fix this?

Best regards,

Boris

:)

Bmiha, Jul 16, 2017
  2. TyHudson Win User

like what you see feature not working

Windows spotlight only works after I log in and then hit windows key and L to lock screen, After logging off and computer restarts it displays old picture and spotlight not on.

TyHudson, Jul 16, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Lock Screen From Login Screen

Hello, I know from the Windows 10 desktop I can use windows key-L to lock the computer. I can use ctrl-alt-delete and choose lock to lock the computer. What I want to be able to do, is move the mouse or press enter to bring up the login then cancel the
    login screen to return to the lock screen. From the login screen I cannot use Windows-L to lock it or use ctrl-alt-delete and choose lock either. Is there any way to abort the login and return to the lock screen?

Philip.Borchert, Jul 16, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

What do you have on Control Panel > Region > Administrative > Copy Settings?

You can copy your current user language to welcome screen there.

Language changes after locking computer screen with windows+L [​IMG]

5. Bmiha Win User
    Yes, I have already tried that. I go to Administrative. I have my language currently on Croatian and when I check the "welcome screen and system accounts" to copy my current settings, the same thing happens after I lock screen. Language goes back to English.

Bmiha, Jul 16, 2017
  6. Bmiha Win User
    Okay. This is what I have done. I manually switched main language from English to Croatian. Then deleted the English language so I only have Croatian on my PC. I then copied the current settings in Administrative - Copy Settings. I then added the English language again and now when I lock the screen while my language was on Croatian, it doesn't change back to English.

Thanks for help lx07

Bmiha, Jul 16, 2017
  7. lx07 Win User
    I was just downloading another language to check but I'm too slow...

Glad you sorted it.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Language changes after locking computer screen with windows+L - Similar Threads - Language changes locking

2. How to change Language on Lock screen in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Language on Lock screen in Windows 11/10: [IMG]Has the Windows Lock Screen Language changed automatically? Or did you change the display language, but the lock screen still shows the original language? In this post, we will show you multiple ways to change the language on the Windows lock screen to the one set as the...
  3. GPO to change computer lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    GPO to change computer lock screen: I followed this two to change desktop lock screen image through GPO some how its not...
  4. language changing on lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language changing on lock screen problem: Hello MicrosoftI just installed a windows 10 update but when the update finished i tried to enter my password as usual but the language stayed english which i do not want and i tried to change it into arabic which i want but i discovred that there is no arabic languagenow i...
  5. language changing on lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    language changing on lock screen problem: Hello MicrosoftI just installed a windows 10 update but when the update finished i tried to enter my password as usual but the language stayed english which i do not want and i tried to change it into arabic which i want but i discovred that there is no arabic languagenow i...
  6. language changing on lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Window+L - Screen lock shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window+L - Screen lock shortcut: All of a sudden the screen lock shortcut doesn't work on my computer. When I input the command, the screen contrast flickers once and nothing happens. Appreciate any advise on this, thank you!l submitted by /u/BlazerBeavs [link] [comments]...
  8. How do I change the language on the lock screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the language on the lock screen?: I have been trying out all the answers I have seen on here and none of them have worked. Currently I have Japanese for the Microsoft Store and English on my lock screen. I can't seem to change the Japanese to English. Below is what I am seeing. Any ideas on how to make it...
  9. Can't change language on Windows 10 Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change language on Windows 10 Lock Screen: I've been desperately trying to change the language of this Windows 10 Lock Screen for the past several hours but to no avail. I don't know how or why turned into Chinese language as I can't read Chinese. I have totally no idea what it is saying but whenever I click into them...
  10. Lock user screen (win+L)

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock user screen (win+L): Hello, What is then "shutdown" command line to do that? Not the /L i need to block not to logoout, thanks. 93916