Windows 10: language hotkey settings: no longer present in Win10?

Discus and support language hotkey settings: no longer present in Win10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded from Win8 to Win10 last year. In Win8 and all previous versions I have used, it was possible to go into the language/regional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ml20151001, Jun 11, 2016.

1. language hotkey settings: no longer present in Win10?

Hi,

I upgraded from Win8 to Win10 last year. In Win8 and all previous versions I have used, it was possible to go into the language/regional settings of the control panel and set a special hotkey combination that would change the keyboard layout to the language of your choice. For example, you could set the keystroke "ctrl + 1" to change the keyboard layout to Spanish, "ctrl + 2" to change it to French, and so on.

Win10 does not seem to have this feature, or at least not in the place where it existed before: when I go to "Settings -> Time and Language -> Region and Language", and then click on one of the languages that I have installed, there is no longer any option to set a hotkey combination for that language. Instead, you have to use "alt + shift" to scroll through the installed keyboard layouts until you hit the one you want -- which is fine if you have only one or two layouts installed, but inconvenient if (like me) you have several layouts installed and frequently switch between them.

Can anyone confirm whether this hotkey feature has been completely removed from Win10, or is it still available somewhere that I am not aware of?

Thanks,ML

:)

ml20151001, Jun 11, 2016
  2. DullGlow Win User

English (UK) keeps coming back to my keyboard

Often it's the hotkey that reverts to the UK, or some other, keyboard that causes that.

Check Clock, Language and Keyboard in Settings; Language; Advanced settings; below Switching input methods, choose Change language bar hotkeys.

Select the Advanced Key Settings tab.

See what you find there.

DullGlow, Jun 11, 2016
  3. axael Win User
    Change language bar hotkeys in windows 10

I am happy to say, that Windows10 now has the gool old

Control Panel\Clock, Language and Region\Language\Advanced settings\Change Language Bar hotkeys where you can set the hotkeys for each Keyboard Layout separately.

Unfortunately setting a hotkey for a layout, build with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator does not work.

The hotkey have no effect - but this is an other bug

axael, Jun 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

language hotkey settings: no longer present in Win10?

Hello, as regards the keyboard, Windows key + space toggles the options you have set up. Mouseover the input method icon to see this as a tooltip.

dalchina, Jun 11, 2016
  5. Thanks, but that is not what I was asking about: rather than having to scroll through layouts, which is what "windows key + space" does, I want to be able to map specific keystrokes onto each individual layout (so that e.g. "ctrl + 1" -> Spanish).

ml20151001, Jun 12, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    You could try using Autohotkey to define new hot key functions. This is one of its simplest functions.

(It's a free scripting language, used to both manipulate windows and even create whole new programs).

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

language hotkey settings: no longer present in Win10?

1. language hotkey settings: no longer present in Win10? - Similar Threads - language hotkey settings

2. Store no longer present in Windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store no longer present in Windows: I reset and remove everything on the PC resulting in huge problem. My store is no longer present in my Windows. Please help my Windows 10 Home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-no-longer-present-in-windows/c684020a-35cd-44f4-aade-798c7c541223
  3. How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings: Hi everyone!I cannot remove two languages from keyboard layouts. There are only two in settings and they cannot be removed any way I've tried. I tried to remove them through the settings, manually, through the console and I still do not succeed, I still do not understand how...
  4. How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings: Hi everyone!I cannot remove two languages from keyboard layouts. There are only two in settings and they cannot be removed any way I've tried. I tried to remove them through the settings, manually, through the console and I still do not succeed, I still do not understand how...
  5. Hotkeys for changing the language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  6. Hotkeys for changing the language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  7. Minecraft World is no Longer Present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft World is no Longer Present: Hi there! I hope you all are doing well. I am in need of some assistance. My Minecraft world on Windows 10 version of two+ years and its own YouTube channel has been deleted after uninstalling and reinstalling. I have done some research and found that some worlds can be...
  8. Shortcut hotkeys no longer work correctly and attempting to fix them is presenting a bug.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut hotkeys no longer work correctly and attempting to fix them is presenting a bug.: Hi, yeah so I have various programs and settings on shortcut hotkey, for example for Google Chrome I have assigned Ctrl+Shift+C within the respective shortcut properties to launch google chrome without hassling with the UI, same goes for cycling between power management...
  9. Shortcut hotkeys no longer work correctly and attempting to fix them is presenting a bug.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut hotkeys no longer work correctly and attempting to fix them is presenting a bug.: Hi, yeah so I have various programs and settings on shortcut hotkey, for example for Google Chrome I have assigned Ctrl+Shift+C within the respective shortcut properties to launch google chrome without hassling with the UI, same goes for cycling between power management...
  10. Language Hotkeys Don't Work

in Windows 10 Support
    Language Hotkeys Don't Work: I have a friend who is bilingual who is trying to get the Korean language working properly on their computer, and asked me for advice. Before I helped them on theirs, I decided to install it on my computer to make sure I knew how language packs work. I installed the language...