Windows 10: Language hotkeys keep resetting for no reason

Discus and support Language hotkeys keep resetting for no reason in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and a new Asus laptop. When I set hotkeys to change the language quickly (ctlr+1 for English and ctrl+2 for French), these hotkeys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrédéricOuimet, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Language hotkeys keep resetting for no reason

I have Windows 10 and a new Asus laptop.

When I set hotkeys to change the language quickly (ctlr+1 for English and ctrl+2 for French), these hotkeys keep resetting randomly to nothing (like I never defined them) after prolonged periods, say every 1-2 days.

It litteraly happens for no reason, I never close the computer (except for updates, which are rare) and I blocked the sleep mode.

This is really annoying that I have to reset the hotkeys everytime I want to use LaTeX (which is almost every day).

How can I set the hotkeys forever ?

***moved on english forum***

:)

FrédéricOuimet, Aug 17, 2018

2. Language Hotkeys Keep resetting

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

The issue that you are facing can be due to various reasons.

To narrow down the issue, I would like to suggest that re assign the hotkeys for the languages and check if the issue re appears. Also I would suggest that you log into the computer from another User Account and check if the same issue persist.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 17, 2018
  3. ggabunia Win User
    Language Hotkeys Keep resetting

Hello. My windows 10 got an update yesterday. version 1511, 10586, to be precise.

I have always used language bar hotkeys on my windows - I use 4 different languages and I have assigned numbers to them, so that I can switch from English to German (from example) without going through all the available languages with "alt-shift". I had assigned
    "ctrl+shift+1" to English, "ctrl+shift+2" to Georgian etc.

But ever since that update, the hotkeys keep randomly resetting. I'm typing something an suddenly I notice that the language hasn't changed. I go to the settings and see that no hotkeys are assigned to the languages.

Any idea what causes it and how I can solve it?

ggabunia, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Language hotkeys keep resetting for no reason

Unable to remove a Language for the keyboard or the hotkey

Hi,

Windows has the capability to use different language packages to fit the needs of the customer. Not being able to remove a language pack could be due to data files that got corrupted. To resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start to occur?
    • Were there any changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

Also, you can follow the steps below to disable the hotkey in switching in between different languages installed on your device:

• Click "Clock, Language, and Region" from the control panel.
    • Click "Language"
    • Click "Advanced settings" in the left column. ...
    • Under "Switching input methods", click "Change language bar hot keys"
    • Select "Between input languages" and click "Change Key Sequence"
    • Disable/change the keyboard shortcut as you'd like.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Language hotkeys keep resetting for no reason

1. Language hotkeys keep resetting for no reason - Similar Threads - Language hotkeys keep

2. adding more Language input hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding more Language input hotkeys: Hello,I use Windows 7 pro 64bit.I use a lot of languages in various tasks. My problem is the limitation of 5 shortcuts of hotkeys to switch quickly between keyboards. This can be a bit impractical at some point e.g. practicing on Duolingo. Anyway, I wonder if there is a...
  3. Hotkeys for changing the language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  4. Hotkeys for changing the language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  5. How to Disable Language changing hotkey

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Disable Language changing hotkey: hello, idk if this problem is common but i didnt have this problem when i was using windows 10 home edition, i changed my windows to win10 pro and now when ever i play games, *competitive games mostly* i have this problem where it prompts me to change language CTRL + SHIFT +...
  6. Can't assign hotkey for Burmese language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't assign hotkey for Burmese language: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 version 1909 OS build 18363.778. Generally I use 3 languages input English, Thai and Chinese. Recently, I've started learning Burmese. I've tried to set hotkey for it but it doesn't work. I changed many key sequences but it doesn't help. Referring to...
  7. how to change hotkey for language swapping?

how to change hotkey for language swapping?: so I use " ` " as a hotkey for changing between 2 languages for a long time and my new laptop has a difference hotkey for changing("win+space") i'm very annoyed by having to press 2 keys at once so can anyone tell me how I can change the language changing hotkey?...
  8. Disabling keyboard language hotkey combinations.

Disabling keyboard language hotkey combinations.: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 on a Huawei MateBook Pro. I sometimes accidentally hit CTL-SHIFT together and toggle my keyboard into French mode. I'd like to know how to disable this feature/change it to something else I don't hit so often. Thanks in advance for your...
  9. Input Language Hotkey keeps resetting on restart. Please help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Language Hotkey keeps resetting on restart. Please help!: Hi. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 I get this issue where my computer forgets/resets the Input Language Hotkey for English. I used to set it as Ctrl + Shift + 1. But whenever I restart the computer, the hotkey goes back to blank/empty/nothing. I have manually set it...
  10. Language Hotkeys Don't Work

in Windows 10 Support
    Language Hotkeys Don't Work: I have a friend who is bilingual who is trying to get the Korean language working properly on their computer, and asked me for advice. Before I helped them on theirs, I decided to install it on my computer to make sure I knew how language packs work. I installed the language...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no results for change language bar hotkeys