Windows 10: Language in Start menu program list

Discus and support Language in Start menu program list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does "Microsfoft office Hulpprogramma's" appear in Nederland in my start menu program list when my system language is English. All other start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John-Westcott, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Language in Start menu program list

Why does "Microsfoft office Hulpprogramma's" appear in Nederland in my start menu program list when my system language is English.

All other start menu programs are shown in English.

:)

John-Westcott, Aug 14, 2018

2. Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Start Menu Program List

In the Start Menu, it has the standard, Power, Settings, and User Name Options, but then to the right of it, it has a long list of practically every program i have.....is there a way to disable that list from showing on the start menu? I just want it to
    be very basic.

DeviantWolf, Aug 14, 2018
  4. loyall Win User

Language in Start menu program list

In Win 10 some apps are not listed in the Start Menu

Two of my most used programs are listed in the uninstall programs list, but do not appear in All Apps in the Start Menu, nor do they appear in the Most Used list in the Start Menu. Any suggestion how I can add them to my Start Menu, other than with tiles,
    which I do not use?

loyall, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Language in Start menu program list

1. Language in Start menu program list - Similar Threads - Language Start menu

2. Start Menu List - ZOOM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu List - ZOOM: Is the program ZOOM installed on a user-by-user basis? I installed ZOOM through my (everyday use) Standard account & placed the shortcut into the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder, as I do w/other shortcuts just in case I need them when I do use my...
  3. Start Menu List - Settings

Start Menu List - Settings: It's already listed on the Start Menu just below my User Icon (red arrow), so does anyone know how to remove the Settings icon from the Start Menu list (red circle)? [img] 173783
  4. Start Menu List

Start Menu List: It's already listed on the Start Menu just below my User Icon (red arrow), so does anyone know how to remove the Settings icon from the Start Menu list (red circle)? [img] 173782
  5. Programs in Start menu not listed in search results

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs in Start menu not listed in search results: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and I'm still trying to get used to everything that's changed since 7. I'm used to being able to just hit the Windows key on my keyboard to bring up the Start menu, start typing the name of a program that I know has a shortcut in the start menu,...
  6. Missing Programs from Start Menu List

Missing Programs from Start Menu List: Please don't tell me to reinstall... did that! Don't tell me to add an icon... I don't want a screen full of icons..... Don't tell me to add an app. If i wanted an apps I'd by a tablet. How do you fix missing installed programs back to Start Menu List. This is why I HATE...
  7. ms-resource:appDisplayName in Start Menu programs list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms-resource:appDisplayName in Start Menu programs list: I'll begin this by saying that this nuisance has been there even before I upgraded to the April 2018 update. I also posted about this issue here before, but no one was able to help me. Needless to say, the latest update did not fix this. I even did an in-place upgrade after...
  8. Is it possible to display icons for Start Menu program list folders?

Is it possible to display icons for Start Menu program list folders?: Obviously icons are displayed in the program list when the shortcut is not nested inside a folder. But it seems windows will not display customized folder icons. The properties for the folder can be opened, and a custom icon selected, but it does not display. Not in the start...
  9. Broken shortcut on Start Menu program list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken shortcut on Start Menu program list: I found a broken shortcut on my account's Start Menu program list, located all the way on the bottom. [img] Right-clicking and uninstalling doesn't do anything. I tried some of the solutions found online and most of them don't work. Is there any way for me to fix this...
  10. Programs Used List in Start Menue

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs Used List in Start Menue: How do a get a program that I use quite often to get on the "Most Used Programs List". I realize that I probably have to use it more for it to appear on the list. But I want to know if I can get it there even though the program is not used as often as the others. TIA...