Windows 10: Language packs for some languages not available (yet)

Discus and support Language packs for some languages not available (yet) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there Some language packs aren't available yet - even on UPDATE the languages are removed. For example on W8.1 I had (scr shot 1) On W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Oct 4, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Language packs for some languages not available (yet)

Hi there

Some language packs aren't available yet - even on UPDATE the languages are removed.

For example on W8.1 I had (scr shot 1)
    On W10 gives (scr shot 2).

I suppose it's only a matter of waiting but I can't see if the language packs are all that different from 8.1

(Office 2010 / 2007 work ok as they use a LIP (language Interface Pack) instead of a full Windows display language.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 4, 2014
  2. WolfN Win User

Is there language pack for English(Canada)?

On October 16th it was reported that Microsoft announced that all Language Packs for build 10565 are now available. Yet there is still no language pack available for Canadian English. We need this to activate Cortana. When will this be available? Do
    we have to wait for the November update? That would be ridiculous, as it should be available now.

Thanks.

WolfN, Oct 4, 2014
  3. borjeg Win User
    Nokia 515 languages

Yes it's in the same language pack as the other Nordic and Baltic languages.

But there is not yet a corresponding Nordic/Baltic language pack for the 515 Dual SIM version.

borjeg, Oct 4, 2014
  4. unifex Win User

Hmm, I actually removed a lot of language packs from add or remove Windows features. I thought it would reduce the installation footprint, but I guess there were not many present as my Windows 10 occupies 19 GB of space with only ESET security suit installed.

unifex, Oct 8, 2014
  5. Kari Win User
    At the moment there are no language packs available, in any language. Windows 8 / 8.1 language packs are not compatible.

6. Edwin New Member
    Control Panel/Programs and Features/'Turn Windows features on or off'/Language Components

Language packs for some languages not available (yet) [​IMG]

Language packs for some languages not available (yet) [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 11, 2014
  7. Kari Win User
    Seems that I have to repeat this:

Language Components in Add Features is at the moment a non-working useless feature. Although supposedly installing / uninstalling something when languages are selected and unselected it does in fact nothing.

Input languages (keyboard layouts) can be added from Language preferences as in Windows 8 / 8.1, there's at the moment absolutely no need nor reason to add any Language Components. These componets really do not add language packs.

8. Edwin New Member

That would be me, acting in haste again! Sorry! *Redface
    Got it, thanks.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Language packs for some languages not available (yet) - Similar Threads - Language packs languages

2. Language Packs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Packs: Unable to install German on win 11. Two different computers one laptop and one desktop Intel I5 and Intel I7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-packs/4b07fcc2-9ed7-43c2-98ef-2533392b4cf0
  3. Language Packs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Packs: Unable to install German on win 11. Two different computers one laptop and one desktop Intel I5 and Intel I7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-packs/4b07fcc2-9ed7-43c2-98ef-2533392b4cf0
  4. Language Pack

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Language Pack: I want to get a language pack from Microsoft Store for additional display language. But for some reason when I want to click get, it does not respond. Usually it went to settings to download but I don't know....
  5. language pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    language pack: I have windows 10. May I install a language pack on my surface pro 4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-pack/945ee503-78f7-4163-974e-c7e10998bd74
  6. Language pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language pack: I have the Polish language pack installed and set Polish as default proofreading language, but each time I want to wrote an e-mail I receive the message that text in Polish is not checked and that I can install the language pack. The proofreading tools work fine on all office...
  7. Language packs.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language packs.: So few days ago my pc started automatic repair loop and i tried a lot of things but it didn't work so i took it to the shop and they fixed it and installed windows but problem is that as i speak croatian they put croatian pack but i want english pack and i just want croatian...
  8. Language packs.

Language packs.: Hello, so as I had problems with my pc i posted question on answers.microsoft and i got help but nothing worked so i took it to the shop. They fixed it but now I have question. As Croatian is language that I speak I more like that things on my devices phone,pc,etc. are on...
  9. language pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    language pack: My software is licensed in Mexico only. How can I download an English language pack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-pack/dc5753af-de23-411c-a1bc-8e0c8cb34081
  10. Language pack isn't available

Language pack isn't available: Hi, I received a new laptop with windows 10 enterprise installed. Default language is Chinese and i want to use English (USA). I have follow these steps: Settings > Time & language > Region & language > Add a language. But language display still in Chinese even after i...