Windows 10: Laptop (64 bits) with Nvidia 8200M graphics needs coprocessor driver

Discus and support Laptop (64 bits) with Nvidia 8200M graphics needs coprocessor driver in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, Dev man shows yellow triangle vs Coprocessor driver after clean install Win 10 x64 + Nvidia driver via automatic update. Now the 32 bits Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dalchina, Nov 2, 2015.

1. dalchina New Member

Laptop (64 bits) with Nvidia 8200M graphics needs coprocessor driver

Hi, Dev man shows yellow triangle vs Coprocessor driver after clean install Win 10 x64 + Nvidia driver via automatic update.

Now the 32 bits Win 10 (upgrade) was no problem- the coprocessor driver was installed. But not when I try a clean x64 install.

I recall this kind of problem years ago (and it's not an uncommon one on HP forums), and the solution was to search for a driver by directing the update search to the extracted HP driver in C:\swsetup. But I don't have that folder now.

Trying to update the driver or use GEForce Experience is not helpful.
    There is no appropriate 64bit graphics driver on the HP site.

(I haven't noticed a functional problem despite the missing driver, but I'm not pushing the graphics at all).

Is there a way to solve this by manually installing the Nvidia driver?

Thanks!

:)

dalchina, Nov 2, 2015
  2. suat.cini Win User

Loading up problem

Luckily your gfx card has Windows 10 drivers by Nvidia.

NViDiA DRiVERS 64-bit Windows 10

NViDiA DRiVERS 32-bit Windows 10

Please select the appropriate drivers for your Windows installation, either 32-bit 0r 64-bit.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

suat.cini, Nov 2, 2015
  3. NVIDIA graphics driver not compatable with this version of windows

Hello I am trying to install graphics drivers for my gtx 1060.

I am using windows 10 64 bit.

I am using windows 10 64bit drivers from NVIDIAs site.

My error:

NVIDIA installer cannot continue

This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows.

Update: Windows needed to be updated to a more recent version. Working great now.

chris8smith, Nov 2, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

I had a similar problem with a Compaq (HP) CQ50-105NR.

The driver is for the nVidia motherboard chipset, rather than the graphics device.

I had to download the Window 7 drivers, extract them, and update the co-processor driver from within Device Manager.

I couldn't find a link to the drivers at HP. Maybe because I'm on an Android tablet at the moment.

bobkn, Nov 2, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    Believe it or not, I downloaded DriverMax, a driver scanner, and the coprocessor driver was the first result!

I'd tried downloading a couple of Nvidia drivers and unpacking them, but no joy.

dalchina, Nov 2, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    I believe that the notebook has an nVidia nForce chipset to support the AMD CPU. I see o chipset drivers for the G60 214EM at HP, though.

That seems odd. They have Windows 7 chipset drivers for my CQ50-105NR. I suppose that you could try those, if you could verify that the chipsets are the same.

bobkn, Nov 2, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, thanks, there are, but the HP site is limited for this PC.
    Vista: NVIDIA nForce Chipset Driver 17.07 A 23.1 MB Aug 7, 2015
    Win 7: NVIDIA nForce Chipset Driver Version:15.46 Rev. A Aug 07, 2015
    http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/.../model/3879660
    & I think these are only 32 bit.

Anyway, DriverMax's download eliminated the yellow triangle in dev. mgr, so I presume must be good..

dalchina, Nov 2, 2015
  8. bobkn Win User

I've never tried a driver update utility, but I'm glad that DriverMax helped you.

A quick online check indicates that DriverMax is safe, and doesn't install any PuPs (potentially unwanted programs). It may try to sell you the paid version, but that's not overly annoying.

bobkn, Nov 5, 2015
  9. dalchina New Member
    Thanks, I'm familiar with it- and would not now countenance turning to one in any but exceptional circumstances, as this one was. Just surprised it provided the solution- the coprocessor driver missing has been a common issue for many on this laptop in changing OS's.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop (64 bits) with Nvidia 8200M graphics needs coprocessor driver - Similar Threads - Laptop bits Nvidia

2. NVidia graphics driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVidia graphics driver: I have a new computer with Nvidia card. At the beginning everything was fine but then I got the generic error 43. I reinstalled the drivers but it didn’t help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-graphics-driver/c318f02e-9762-418f-b8df-a28777ed67f9
  3. How to download other graphic drivers on windows 10 64-bit

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to download other graphic drivers on windows 10 64-bit: Hello guys! I have many issues to play games because my graphic drivers are not compatible with them. I use Lenovo laptop which has Mobile Intel(R) 4 series express chipset family . Is it possible to download other drivers like opengl if they still exists for win 10 or smh....
  4. Nvidia Graphics Driver problem

Nvidia Graphics Driver problem: Hello there. Recently, I updated my Windows 10 Pro "1803" to "1809". Reason I did that; that my drivers were 7 months old to play WoW's newest expansion. My graphics drivers version were "391.35" and I needed to update it to the newest version, which is "416.94". At first it...
  5. Graphics Driver Issue after Upgrade from 32 to 64 Bit

Graphics Driver Issue after Upgrade from 32 to 64 Bit: Hi I recently upgraded from windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit and that all went fine but I lost the option for 1920 x 1080 for my Samsung curved monitor CF390 because the graphic driver rolled back from the pre installed Nvidia one to the Microsoft basic display adaptor. Now the...
  6. Graphics Driver Issue after Upgrade from 32 to 64 Bit

Graphics Driver Issue after Upgrade from 32 to 64 Bit: Hi I recently upgraded from windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit and that all went fine but I lost the option for 1920 x 1080 for my Samsung curved monitor CF390 because the graphic driver rolled back from the pre installed Nvidia one to the Microsoft basic display adaptor. Now the...
  7. Modded nvidia graphics drivers

Modded nvidia graphics drivers: Does anyone know where to get modded nvidia graphics drivers ? 117966
  8. NVIDIA RELEASED GEFORCE DRIVER 399.24 FOR WINDOWS 10 64 BIT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NVIDIA RELEASED GEFORCE DRIVER 399.24 FOR WINDOWS 10 64 BIT: On 10-09-2018 nvidia inc , released new driver 399.24 for geforce 940MX only supported to windows 10 64bit direct downloading link its size 497.44MB http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/399.24/399.24-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe...
  9. Firefox 64 bit needed

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 64 bit needed: Hi. I tried to get firefox 64 bit with no luck from Download Firefox — Free Web Browser — Mozilla Please help. Thanks. 79082
  10. toshiba laptop s855-s5378 drivers - 64 bit

toshiba laptop s855-s5378 drivers - 64 bit: Has anyone had good hardware driver experience with Windows 10 and a Toshiba S855-S5378 laptop? I wouldn't mind test driving Windows 10. That would be great. Being around the IT field for a while, I can see how a lack of drivers can be a show-stopper. Checked the...