Windows 10: Laptop booting up with UEFI please help

Discus and support Laptop booting up with UEFI please help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted the Boot Options and now I can only access the UEFI page. Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vibes, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Vibes Win User

Laptop booting up with UEFI please help

I accidentally deleted the Boot Options and now I can only access the UEFI page. Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

:)

Vibes, Jun 6, 2016

2. UEFI Dual Boot

I have a question guys. Is dual booting possible in laptops with UEFI??? Please Help.

Neil OliverEbarat, Jun 6, 2016
  3. HDD's not showing up in disk management

Hi,

Does they show up in BIOS/UEFI?

Boot to UEFI Settings:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5831-boot-u...

If the option to boot to UEFI is not present, you would have to open BIOS settings. Please reply with the make and model for better help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 6, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Are you talking about UEFI (more commonly, and mistakenly referred to as bios) setup before the computer boots into Windows, or are you talking about a failure to boot from the hard drive? If you are talking about the UEFI settings before the computer boots, we need to know the exact model Asus Laptop.

NavyLCDR, Jun 6, 2016
  5. Vibes Win User
    It's an Asus F555YA-XO047T . It starts up here and if I save & exit it will just pop back up again.

Laptop booting up with UEFI please help [​IMG]

Vibes, Jun 6, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Try setting Launch CSM to disable.

NavyLCDR, Jun 6, 2016
  7. Vibes Win User
    I tried that and it just changed the boot options and still pops up the same. Is there anything else I should change?

Vibes, Jun 6, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Fast Boot to Disabled, what is under SATA Configuration?

I'm really confused, though - the Windows Boot Manager under boot option #1 should be the HDD and should boot Windows.

NavyLCDR, Jun 6, 2016
  9. Vibes Win User
    SATA Mode Selection [AHCI]
    There's no other option to change it.

Vibes, Jun 6, 2016
  10. RWOne Win User
    I am too, let's assume he only removed the HDD, if booting and change CSM to enabled, and you then click on boot option #1, do you see your Hard Drive in the list?

If so select it.

Basically you need to know if you were booting UEFI, or BIOS (legacy) so those settings can be made, and then the issue is telling your system to boot from the hard drive, so you have to find it in the listings of available boot devices.

It should be there, considering you stated you erased it, and it wasn't a hard drive failure of some sort.

RWOne, Jun 6, 2016
  11. Vibes Win User
    There's only Windows Boot Manager under Option #1

Vibes, Jun 6, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    In UEFI boot mode (CSM launch disabled), that might be correct until another media capable of UEFI booting is actually connected - such as a USB flash drive, external hard drive, or a DVD inserted into the DVD drive.

The question we have is - does the computer boot into Windows installed on the hard drive?

NavyLCDR, Jun 6, 2016
  13. RWOne Win User

If the OP deleted the boot option and was with CSM enabled, one could try the selection "Add new boot option" and see if the HDD is listed there as well ...

I agree though, if you skip the BIOS page, does it boot, and if not what error is given?

RWOne, Jun 6, 2016
  14. Vibes Win User
    It booted just fine before I did something to it, now it just boots directly to that page. I have a windows 10 disk but when I go to install it it says that windows can't be installed on the partitions.

Vibes, Jun 6, 2016
  15. RWOne Win User
    If it booted fine, you have no need to use the win 10 install disc, this is a matter of getting the boot mode correct, and pointing it to the hard drive to boot, IMHO ...

If you went back and enabled CSM, and then hit to add a boot option, what options are given, give us a screenie if you can ...

RWOne, Jun 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Laptop booting up with UEFI please help - Similar Threads - Laptop booting UEFI

2. Can't boot into UEFI only to upgrade to Windows 11 - HELP PLEASE!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot into UEFI only to upgrade to Windows 11 - HELP PLEASE!!: I have a Windows 10 gaming desktop computer running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. It was bought brand new 2 years ago. 2021I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11.I ran the PC Health Check app and it said I met all requirements *except* not Secure Boot.I boot into my BIOS and see that...
  3. Stuck in MBR in UEFI, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in MBR in UEFI, please help: Hello, my boot situation is a disaster. I’m running Windows 10. I was on the 500mg Samsung SSD over SATA and I’m pretty sure it was BIOS/MBR. I wanted to clone to a new NVME drive, the Samsung 2TB seen in the images. I’m on a Z87 board so I did the AMBIOS hack to add the UEFI...
  4. Stuck in MBR in UEFI, please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in MBR in UEFI, please help: Hello, my boot situation is a disaster. I’m running Windows 10. I was on the 500mg Samsung SSD over SATA and I’m pretty sure it was BIOS/MBR. I wanted to clone to a new NVME drive, the Samsung 2TB seen in the images. I’m on a Z87 board so I did the AMBIOS hack to add the UEFI...
  5. Stuck in MBR in UEFI, please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. HELP!!! UEFI boot problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP!!! UEFI boot problem: HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot I had freshly installed windows 10 in my hp 15-be020tu notebook . Before installing iso in uefi mode ,i had install windows 10 in legacy mode and that was atleast booting a bit faster and apps were working faster . But when i...
  7. HELP!!! UEFI boot problem

HELP!!! UEFI boot problem: I had freshly installed windows 10 in my hp 15-be020tu notebook . Before installing iso in uefi mode ,i had install windows 10 in legacy mode and that was atleast booting a bit faster and apps were working faster . But when i shifted to uefi mode my laptop started to boot...
  8. Please select boot device – UEFI Boot Sources

in Windows 10 News
    Please select boot device – UEFI Boot Sources: [ATTACH]If you see the following screen when you start your Windows 10 computer, then this post will be able to help you. The screen is […] This article Please select boot device – UEFI Boot Sources first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen

Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen: I started up my surface laptop this morning and everything started fine, I left the room and on my return the Surface UEFI screen was displaying, on restart it just continually boots up to this screen, in the top right hand corner I have what I believe is the harddrive...
  10. Never ending boot up.... Please, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Never ending boot up.... Please, please help: Okay so recently I decided to reset my computer, as usual I encounter numerous problems. >Startup >Bios screen (Asus/Intel) >Monitor turns off >Monitor turns back on >Blue win10 logo and loading circle >Black screen for 5-10 secs >Install screen displaying 64%...