Windows 10: laptop brightness not work

Discus and support laptop brightness not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; updating my laptop's brightness driver is also not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by shivampatel2, Aug 22, 2018.

1. laptop brightness not work

updating my laptop's brightness driver is also not working

:)

shivampatel2, Aug 22, 2018
  2. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Aug 22, 2018
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Aug 22, 2018
  4. laptop brightness not work

Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

laptop brightness not work

1. laptop brightness not work - Similar Threads - laptop brightness

2. Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop: I have bought an acer nitro v15 for my brother and its a good device but most importantly the screen looked amazing, so we bought another one but the contrast is extremely low, and there is no way I could find for a way to change the contrast and brightness from the OS, in...
  3. Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop: I have bought an acer nitro v15 for my brother and its a good device but most importantly the screen looked amazing, so we bought another one but the contrast is extremely low, and there is no way I could find for a way to change the contrast and brightness from the OS, in...
  4. Brightness change on new Framework Laptop doesn't work and can't use HDMI of usbc dock...

Brightness change on new Framework Laptop doesn't work and can't use HDMI of usbc dock...: System:Framework 13 with:-CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 7640U-SSD: WD Black SN770 1TB-RAM: Crucial 32GB 2x16 5600mhz CTK16G56C46S5-Dock: ugreen usb c hub ethernet hdmi 4k 60hz SKU:10919I can't change the brightness of my screen, no matter what I do. The buttons don't work, settings don't...
  5. Brightness change on new Framework Laptop doesn't work and can't use HDMI of usbc dock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness change on new Framework Laptop doesn't work and can't use HDMI of usbc dock...: System:Framework 13 with:-CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 7640U-SSD: WD Black SN770 1TB-RAM: Crucial 32GB 2x16 5600mhz CTK16G56C46S5-Dock: ugreen usb c hub ethernet hdmi 4k 60hz SKU:10919I can't change the brightness of my screen, no matter what I do. The buttons don't work, settings don't...
  6. Why is my laptop brightness so dark?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop brightness so dark?: On my windows 11 laptop, my screen is almost black. I can't see much, just barely anything. I've tried to troubleshoot it using a shortcut, but it won't work. I'm completely worried and confused. My brightness keys won't work either....
  7. Why is my laptop brightness so dark?

Why is my laptop brightness so dark?: On my windows 11 laptop, my screen is almost black. I can't see much, just barely anything. I've tried to troubleshoot it using a shortcut, but it won't work. I'm completely worried and confused. My brightness keys won't work either....
  8. I cannot change the brightness on Windows 11 or use internal laptop microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot change the brightness on Windows 11 or use internal laptop microphone: Hi there, first time posting.I have a Dell G15 laptop. -Ryzen 7 + Vega iGPU-16 Gb RAM-Nvidia RTX 3050-Last Windows update "2024-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034123"-I suppose it's importat to note that the machine's desktop is...
  9. I cannot change the brightness on Windows 11 or use internal laptop microphone

I cannot change the brightness on Windows 11 or use internal laptop microphone: Hi there, first time posting.I have a Dell G15 laptop. -Ryzen 7 + Vega iGPU-16 Gb RAM-Nvidia RTX 3050-Last Windows update "2024-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034123"-I suppose it's importat to note that the machine's desktop is...
  10. Laptop screen brightness dimming Acer Aspire 5

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop screen brightness dimming Acer Aspire 5: its currently plugged in but the brightness keeps going down and up as if i was in battery saver mode when im not, i tried to roam for solutions and they keep telling me to disable options that only work for when im in battery saving, when its dark i cant increase the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i change brightness windows 10