Windows 10: Laptop buying advice

Discus and support Laptop buying advice in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am considering these two laptops for my younger brother who is planning to launch his own youtube channel and want to edit videos. We have a budget... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by archz2, Jun 17, 2018.

1. archz2 Win User

Laptop buying advice

I am considering these two laptops for my younger brother who is planning to launch his own youtube channel and want to edit videos. We have a budget constraint of 36000 INR. Which one would be better from the following models? One laptop has a better CPU while the other one has a better graphics card which has got me confused.

Asus Vivobook Max A541Uv-Dm977T Processor = 7Th Gen Intel Core™ i3 7100U Processor
    RAM = 4GB DDR4 RAM
    GRAPHICS = Nvidia Geforce 920M-2GB DDR3 GRAPHICS

Buy Asus Vivobook Max A541Uv-Dm977T (7Th Gen Intel Coretm I3 7100U Processor/4GB Ddr4/1TB Hdd/15.6Fhd/Nvidia Geforce 920Mx-2GB Ddr3/Win 10 Home), Black Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Asus Vivobook X507UB-EJ187T (Intel Core i3 (6th Gen)
    Processor= Intel® Core™ i3 6006U Processor,Memory=DDR4 2400MHz SDRAM, 1 x SO-DIMM socket , up to 8 GB SDRAM
    Graphics = NVIDIA GeForce MX110 , with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM

Buy Asus Vivobook X507UB-EJ187T (Intel Core i3 (6th Gen)/4 GB/1 TB/15.6 FHD/Windows 10/2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce MX110/With Fingerprint sensor/1.68 Kg) (Grey) Online at Low Prices in India - Paytmmall.com

:)

archz2, Jun 17, 2018
  2. EdTittel Win User

advice on buying a laptop

Most of the major vendors -- Lenovo, Dell, HP and so forth -- operate refurbished sales outlets to the public. You can find killer deals on one- to two-year old laptops and such there, usually at about a 50% discount off their "new" pricing. That's where I'd suggest looking, as well as on local advert sites, at local dealers, and so forth. If you're not buying "new new" as you put it, you can really save some serious money...
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jun 17, 2018
  3. Laptop advice

Oh wait a minute, you live in Canada, don't you? I'm sorry, I thought you lived in the USA...I saw $1300 American and I didn't see a $1300 laptop at that link *Laugh :laugh:. Anyways, you wanted suggestions, so here you go. Oh yes and don't buy laptops through Best Buy, you'll get a much better deal at places like dell.com.
    • Get a better CPU, you will not regret it.
    • Integrated graphics will give you lag in basic OS and in games. Go for some kind of mobile graphics chip.
    • You need a bigger monitor. Mobile computers are alot better if you can actually read the display *Stick Out Tongue Laptop buying advice :p.
    • Try to get an internal optical drive, they are alot harder to lose.
    I also think you shouldn't be so worried about weight...but then again I'm not exactly a prominent laptop owner *Smile Laptop buying advice :).

zekrahminator, Jun 17, 2018
  4. n-ster Win User

Laptop buying advice

n-ster, Jun 17, 2018
Thema:

Laptop buying advice

1. Laptop buying advice - Similar Threads - Laptop buying advice

2. need advice - daily backup program to buy??

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    need advice - daily backup program to buy??: Reaching out again for excellent team advice about your suggestion for best affordable drive backup program to purchase. Am losing random files and need to install daily automated document backup. Several good options around and asking here so I can get daily bakup installed...
  3. Advice buying a used laptop with windows 10...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advice buying a used laptop with windows 10...: I saw a laptop in a shop in my city. It was 130$, it had windows 10. So I thought to buy it, however, when I saw the specs, I wasn;t so sure whether I should buy it. It had win.10, 6gb of ram, and a hdd of 140gb, the processor was i5, and the graphics, were decent.. Do you...
  4. Laptop Battery Buying Advice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Battery Buying Advice: May have to replace my battery. Seen them on Ebay and Amazon but was wondering how to gauge what's a smart/safe buy beyond the ratings and warranty as many seem similar in that regard. Thanks 152371
  5. Laptop Battery Buying Advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Battery Buying Advice: May have to replace my battery. Seen them on Ebay and Amazon but was wondering how to gauge what's a smart/safe buy beyond the ratings and warranty as many seem similar in that regard. Thanks 152371
  6. New Laptop Buying Advice

in Windows 10 Support
    New Laptop Buying Advice: Wondering if anyone could offer some advice please. I am looking at buying a new laptop as my current HP is on it's last legs. With the Black Friday deals, now seems to be a good time. I have found two deals that seem to me to be fairly good but am not sure which is the best...
  7. Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC: I have a 12 year old PC. It's a Dell XPS 410 that has had many hardware upgrades through the years to include a SSD, a Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 ti graphics card, a 600W PSU, 8g RAM, and an Intel Core Quad CPU (Q6600) at 2.4 GHz. This is not hardly a modern day gaming rig. But...
  8. Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC

Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC: I have a 12 year old PC. It's a Dell XPS 410 that has had many hardware upgrades through the years to include a SSD, a Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 ti graphics card, a 600W PSU, 8g RAM, and an Intel Core Quad CPU (Q6600) at 2.4 GHz. This is not hardly a modern day gaming rig. But...
  9. buying SSD ? any advice?

buying SSD ? any advice?: Hello My SSD, which is Trascend 128GB, bought only two years ago, but it just fails a few days ago. BIOS couldn't detect it. Plugging it to the external case of another computer, it doesn't read it too. Just like any computer doesn't find this drive. I believe it's failed....
  10. advice on buying a laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    advice on buying a laptop: Hello looking for a laptop, netbook etc....for my wife, for general browsing and basic office work....needs to be 32bit to run money matters..... only other criteria is it must be light as possible....not a glossy screen.....would like something reliable also not...