Windows 10: Laptop Colour Calibration Resetting After Sleep/Awake

Discus and support Laptop Colour Calibration Resetting After Sleep/Awake in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, (Update: check the second post) I've got a ThinkPad W530 that I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Win 10, and soon after the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arston, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Arston Win User

Laptop Colour Calibration Resetting After Sleep/Awake

Hi there,

(Update: check the second post)
    I've got a ThinkPad W530 that I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Win 10, and soon after the upgrade did a reset. The problem is my colour calibration unit is doing its job but the calibration doesn't "stick" after a longer period of sleeping. It was working fine on Win8. I installed the driver myself from Lenovo's website, and it's one from 2014, made for Windows up to 8. As far as I could find, there's no later driver (yet?).

Is there anything I can do you could think of?

:)

Arston, Aug 1, 2015

2. Surface Pro 3 loses display calibration upon rotation

Hi Philipp

No, I do not experience color fading at random times.

Only when I rotate the Surface, screen color calibration 'resets' to factory settings. But, when I press Power button (and Surface so go to sleep), and, after that, I awake it again, the color calibration I configured is back again (normal state)... If I
    rotate the device again, it resets again (same behavior).

This bug started 2 weeks ago (I guess)... and many people are experiencing the same, at the same time. So, it's a W10 update bug.

Ludomatic-o, Aug 1, 2015
  3. How do I reset the colour calibration of my two screens to the default colours?

How do I reset the colour calibration of my two screens to the default colours?

staffordgirl, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Arston Win User

Update: I found it's actually not related to sleep. If I sleep the laptop from the start menu or by the keyboard sleep button, then it awakes with calibrated colours. Though if I put it to sleep by closing the lid, it awakes uncalibrated. So I changed the settings to only turn off the screen when the lid is closed, and sure enough it messes up the calibration. Any clues?

Also to the mods: Could you move the thread to a more appropriate forum? I realise this might not be the most suitable one.

Arston, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Laptop Colour Calibration Resetting After Sleep/Awake - Similar Threads - Laptop Colour Calibration

2. display colour calibration not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display colour calibration not working: When I try to go into display colour calibration, it does not work when I try to adjust anything, the gamma or contrast or brightness, I move the sliders up/down and it doesn't change anything.I'm on a fresh install windows 10 22H2, fully updated with the latest display...
  3. win10 colour calibration resetting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 colour calibration resetting.: As the title suggests i have made a custom ICC profile using the windows 10 colour calibration, the issue is that i need to open the colour management every time i start my pc even though it is set as the default colour profile which is an inconvenience along with every time...
  4. Colour Calibration Help

Colour Calibration Help: I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with my laptop's monitor and I figured I'd try coming here for advice. The picture attached on the bottom has the colours of what my internal and external monitor display. As far as I know, my external monitor is displaying the...
  5. colour calibration keeps resetting after restart.

colour calibration keeps resetting after restart.: my windows 10 colour calibration settings keeps changing every time when I restart my pc.. I even tried "set as default profile" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colour-calibration-keeps-resetting-after-restart/003174db-8a31-4f8e-92f4-330e18fb2d86
  6. Colour Calibration wont' save

Colour Calibration wont' save: I have a HP Pavilion 15 laptop running Windows 10 Pro 18362 and the screen colour is too blue/green for my preference. I've followed instructions to calibrate the screen and it won't save. I go into COLOUR MANAGEMENT, click the ADVANCED tab, click CALIBRATE DISPLAY, follow...
  7. [BSOD] Cannot awake the laptop after sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [BSOD] Cannot awake the laptop after sleeping: Whenever I sleep my computer, there is a chance that I cannot wake it again. I open the computer lid and the power button lights up, but the screen is still dark. After a considerable length of time, the computer reboots itself. Here are the Mindmps files and MSinfo...
  8. Second Monitor Colour Calibration

Second Monitor Colour Calibration: Hi There: I have a Dell XPS 15 2-In-1 with a Radeon™ RX Vega M GL Graphics with 4GB HMB2 graphics card and a 4K screen. I also have a 27" LG monitor (27UD58-B) with a 4K screen. AND, I have an X-Rite i1 Display Pro puck and software. Now the Dell doesn't have an HDMI port,...
  9. colour calibration is not working

colour calibration is not working: colour calibration is not working - i go through the calibration process but it keeps reverting to the original "red" tone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colour-calibration-is-not-working/75644ad2-5f7d-4e22-b2f3-2cca25b2ae34
  10. Colour Calibration Problem

Colour Calibration Problem: Hello, I have a dual monitor setup, with mismatched monitors. They are not auto-adjusting. Last time I successfully calibrated my displays was about a year ago, and I still have the same hardware, which is a custom build. It includes a Gigabyte motherboard, AMD FX 6300...