Windows 10: Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals

Discus and support Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop is randomly disconnecting from my new router. Sometimes it's every few minutes, sometimes it can be an hour or two in between disconnections.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Matthewryaio, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals

My laptop is randomly disconnecting from my new router. Sometimes it's every few minutes, sometimes it can be an hour or two in between disconnections. This only seems to effect wireless devices and I notice it most often on my laptop. The router is a Fritz!Box 7490 and is connected to 2degrees Internet. The message in the WLAN event log is :

Wireless LAN device deregistered itself (5 GHz). MAC address: 64:BC:0C:6A:79:62
    The weird thing is that if I disconnect from wifi and reconnect it re-establishes the connection near instantly. Sometimes it just shows as connected to wifi but not to the internet.

I have tried factory resetting the router (As suggested by 2degrees Internet) and I've tried setting my laptop DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have also tried to change the wifi channels in case of interference.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome and I'm happy to provide extra info on request. Thank you for your attention.

:)

Matthewryaio, Feb 21, 2016
  2. rufao Win User

9300i Problems with GPRS Access and Mobile Email

check with your network.

do you see this happen at regular intervals or at random intervals?

it is possible, that if it happens every 3 hours say, your network it disconnecting you for some reason.

if it happens at random intervals, it is possible that you are moving out of signal?

rufao, Feb 21, 2016
  3. automatic music coming ..

Some random music comes from my laptop, at irregular intervals. Why? in my windows 10pc

AayushDosi, Feb 21, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals

dalchina, Feb 23, 2016
  5. Matthewryaio, Feb 24, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    If you do a websearch. That is a common problem with the Fritzbox.

bro67, Feb 24, 2016
  7. Turns out that it was the Fritzbox that was causing the problem. Yeah, I had searched and found that there were some problems but most of them also seemed to be solvable. Seemed not to be the case here, and what I ended up doing was installing a Netgear router for wifi and just using the Fritzbox as a gateway.

Matthewryaio, Mar 18, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Best option for any set up. I have my ATT U-Verse Gateway as the main gateway, since I cannot use anything else with their service and use a Cisco RV-320 for the Edge Router and a Engenius ECB-350 A/P. I went that route, so when Wireless-AC gear gets cheaper, I can move the Engenius to replace a TP-Link A/P I use for Wireless-b/g and put a POE Engenius Wireless-ac A/P.

I like the Engenius, because I can go across the street to the sandwich shop 125' away and still pick up my wifi outside of it.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals - Similar Threads - Laptop disconnects Wifi

2. Disconnecting from wifi at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnecting from wifi at random: I've had my Asus ZenBook Flip 15 for a year now, and it's always has Windows 11. Ever since I got it, it will randomly disconnect from the wifi for 30 seconds to a minute before automatically reconnecting. It isn't the wifi dropping out, because all the other devices in the...
  3. Disconnecting from wifi at random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disconnecting from wifi at random: I've had my Asus ZenBook Flip 15 for a year now, and it's always has Windows 11. Ever since I got it, it will randomly disconnect from the wifi for 30 seconds to a minute before automatically reconnecting. It isn't the wifi dropping out, because all the other devices in the...
  4. Laptop randomly disconnects from wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly disconnects from wifi: I have searched the internet thick and thin to find a solution, without luck.After i moved to a new house, almost 1 year ago, my laptop would randomly disconnects from the 5G wifi. Connecting to the 2.4G wifi would solve this issue, but its painfully slow, that i would rather...
  5. Laptop randomly disconnects from wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly disconnects from wifi: I have searched the internet thick and thin to find a solution, without luck.After i moved to a new house, almost 1 year ago, my laptop would randomly disconnects from the 5G wifi. Connecting to the 2.4G wifi would solve this issue, but its painfully slow, that i would rather...
  6. Laptop randomly disconnects from wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Laptop Randomly Disconnecting from Wifi

Laptop Randomly Disconnecting from Wifi: Hello, This is my first time posting to the ****munity, so I apologize in advance. So, I have a HP Pavilion Notebook. It's several years old. The past ~6 months my laptop has randomly disconnected from my Wifi. It will read "connected" to my Wifi network, but that no...
  8. Laptop keeps randomly disconnecting from WIFI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keeps randomly disconnecting from WIFI: Just like the title says, sometimes like every hour my laptop randomly disconnects from the connection, it doesn’t happen in any other devices, what can i do? submitted by /u/AnnoyedSpy [link] [comments]...
  9. Laptop randomly disconnected from WiFi...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop randomly disconnected from WiFi...: Not sure how to describe this besides I came home opened laptop tried a web site and said no connection, so I tried to connect and didn’t show any connections which is odd because my PS4 is hooked up to the connection I’m trying to connect to. So anyways restarted laptop,...
  10. Wifi keeps disconnecting seemingly at random intervals

Wifi keeps disconnecting seemingly at random intervals: I have a brand new HP Pavilion laptop that I received for Christmas. Ever since I first installed windows and connected to the WiFi I have had an issues where it disconnects at random intervals. Sometimes its hours in between and some times it is minutes. When I first lose...