Windows 10: Laptop Does Not Sleep Automatically/Screensaver never starts

Discus and support Laptop Does Not Sleep Automatically/Screensaver never starts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop does not sleep automatically...ever when connected to the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DwayneM, Jul 4, 2016.

1. DwayneM Win User

Laptop Does Not Sleep Automatically/Screensaver never starts

My laptop does not sleep automatically...ever when connected to the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse with the laptop closed and connected to a Monitor. Here are my Power & sleep settings:

Laptop Does Not Sleep Automatically/Screensaver never starts [​IMG]

Also, no matter how long I leave my system untouched, the screensaver never starts. Here are those settings:

Any suggestions? I am under the assumption that resolving one issue would resolve both.

Here is the output of powercfg /lastwake, powercfg /requests, and powercfg /waketimers

The listed waketimer presumably is required by Acronis backup as I have a backup scheduled at 4am daily.

:)

DwayneM, Jul 4, 2016
  2. AlTatem Win User

laptop always going into Sleep mode after 2 to 3 min when dormant.

I downloaded Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, when starting up my Laptop my laptop will go into sleep mode if it is dormant for 2 min, the screensaver doesn't start up either. In power options when plugged in all say never so is there a fix for this as its
    a pain having to sign in every 2 minute's.

AlTatem, Jul 4, 2016
  3. eric1754 Win User
    Win10 won't automatically sleep

You should be able to make your computer sleep when a camera is plugged in. Here is a trick to make your computer sleep if you can do it manually but not automatically.

You need to install a tool to launch a program when your screensaver starts. You can use this one called screen launcher and there are others if you search for them.

www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Screensavers/Screen-Launcher.shtml

Once installed you can access it through your screensaver settings and use this command to engage sleep mode.

C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Sleep

eric1754, Jul 4, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Thema:

1. Laptop Does Not Sleep Automatically/Screensaver never starts - Similar Threads - Laptop Does Sleep

2. Computer Automatically Flips to "Never" Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Automatically Flips to "Never" Sleep: I have a Dell XPS 8940 and running Windows 11 Home.I set the sleep setting to 15 minutes. However after some time I notice that it gets automatically flipped back to Never on its own! I tried multiple times to change that setting to enable sleep, and it does indeed work for a...
  3. Computer Automatically Flips to "Never" Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Automatically Flips to "Never" Sleep: I have a Dell XPS 8940 and running Windows 11 Home.I set the sleep setting to 15 minutes. However after some time I notice that it gets automatically flipped back to Never on its own! I tried multiple times to change that setting to enable sleep, and it does indeed work for a...
  4. My laptop won't go into sleep mode automatically anymore and it can't display screensavers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't go into sleep mode automatically anymore and it can't display screensavers...: I have a Dell Inspiron Ryzen 5 laptop for over two months now and it's been one of the best gifts I've received this year, with it being a powerhouse with 16GB of RAM and helping me out with games, homework and watching stuff! Though for some reason it can no longer go into...
  5. Screensaver does not start automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver does not start automatically: New windows 10 laptop. I already did following things:Dism restorehealth found no issuesSFC scannow found no issuesReSet power plan to balancedChecked registry current user, control panel, desktop: screensaver time is defined as 60Unplugged wireless keyboard with USB...
  6. Screensaver does not start automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver does not start automatically: New windows 10 laptop. I already did following things:Dism restorehealth found no issuesSFC scannow found no issuesReSet power plan to balancedChecked registry current user, control panel, desktop: screensaver time is defined as 60Unplugged wireless keyboard with USB...
  7. Screensaver does not start automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. SLEEP NEVER DOES NOT WORK

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SLEEP NEVER DOES NOT WORK: I went through a number of answers on this topic.What is the latest recommendation?When setting up never to go to sleep it does so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-never-does-not-work/71cf39a1-2a90-4d30-bb65-8e9bfe8a63c6
  9. Windows screensaver never activates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows screensaver never activates: I set it to 1 minute but this never seems to work. No matter what I set it to the screensaver just never comes on. It used to but stopped submitted by /u/mogster777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jlelop/windows_screensaver_never_activates/
  10. Screensaver in Windows 10 does not start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver in Windows 10 does not start: The screensaver in Windows 10 does not start. What steps can I take? Please make them somewhat simple. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-in-windows-10-does-not-start/fe60fa0a-93cb-4ec9-a138-70b886422a49