Windows 10: Laptop doesn't accept 64 bit software

Discus and support Laptop doesn't accept 64 bit software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All my software is getting treated as 32bit instead of 64bit. For an example I downloaded this. Best Free Windows 64-bit Software | Gizmo's Freeware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hollyoaks777, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Laptop doesn't accept 64 bit software

All my software is getting treated as 32bit instead of 64bit. For an example I downloaded this. Best Free Windows 64-bit Software | Gizmo's Freeware
    and it does it with everything I install.
    Laptop doesn't accept 64 bit software [​IMG]

It does it all the time no matter what the software is. Does anyone know what is going on? Thank you in advance.

:)

hollyoaks777, Oct 30, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

All Applications Run On 32 Bit, While My Computer Is 64 Bit

32-bit software cannot be made to run in some kind of '64-bit mode.'

32-bit software runs very well on 64-bit hardware. 64-bit software doesn't run 'better' than 32-bit software. Running 32-bit software on a 64-bit computer does not cause lag or freezing. For example, I have 32-bit Microsoft Office and it runs very well
    on my 64-bit computer.

BulldogXX, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 Question?

If I were to have a laptop that has a 64-bit version of Windows 7, and I choose to accept the free windows 10 upgrade, will the version of windows 10 I obtain also be in 64-bit? Or does the free upgrade offer only give the 32-bit version?

Melvin Vasquez, Oct 30, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Laptop doesn't accept 64 bit software

I tried audacity from your link and it is 32 bit.

What if you install 7-zip from here http://7-zip.org/a/7z1509-x64.exe ?

Does that work properly and install to "Program Files" not "Program Files (x86)"?

5. Berton Win User
    The C:\Program Files Folder exists on both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Windows. When the 64-bit version of Windows is installed there will be both a Program Files and a Program Files (x86) Folder. The Program Files (x86) Folder is used when 32-bit programs are installed. There are some 32-bit programs that simply don't work in 64-bit Windows with 64-bit hardware, hence the need to get the correct drivers for the version of the OS.

Berton, Oct 30, 2015
  6. So I don't have a problem? All drivers are up to date. Thanks Berton
    Oh as I don't know a lot about computers is it ok to put all your system specs on Forum? Just wondering about hackers!

7. lx07 Win User
    If you install a known 64 bit program and it installs to "Program Files" then you have no problem.

Don't worry about updating system specs - there is nothing personal there. It helps people assist better if they know what model of computer you have.

Just try to remember not to put your e-mail or ip address in screenshots etc - that is easy to forget *Wink

8. Laptop doesn't accept 64 bit software

OK thanyou Halasz

9. LMiller7 Win User
    Whether an application is 32 or 64 bit is a basic characteristic of what it is. An application does not become 64 bit just because it is installed on a 64 bit OS. Some applications have 32 and 64 bit installers and you will be given a choice when installing. Many applications are 32 bit only and even when there is a 64 bit version the 32 bit version will be often be recommended for normal use. This is the case with Microsoft Office and most web browsers. Updating an application to 64 bit is a major job for the application developer and unless there is a compelling reason to do so (and the usually isn't) it often isn't done.

64 bit applications will by default be installed to "Program Files" and 32 bit applications will go to "Program files (x86)". Even older 32 bit applications that predate and know nothing of 64 bit operating systems will be installed to the correct location. The OS does some pretty fancy work to do that. Normally you wouldn't be able to install a 32 bit application to "Program files" even if you tried.

Running 32 bit applications on a 64 bit OS is very complex for the OS but for the user things usually just work. Many novice users install and use 32 bit applications without even being aware they have a 64 bit OS.

LMiller7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Laptop doesn't accept 64 bit software

1. Laptop doesn't accept 64 bit software - Similar Threads - Laptop doesn't accept

2. Why wont my 64 bit system and 64 bit Windows 10 OS install 64 bit software?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why wont my 64 bit system and 64 bit Windows 10 OS install 64 bit software?: Ok so I did a fresh install of a 64 bit windows 10 OS on my new Samsung Pro SSD hard drive. My computer is a Dell desktop 8900 64 bit system. I have confirmed all this in the "About PC" but when I try and install any 64 bit software I get the attached error. Any ideas what...
  3. enabling 32 bit software on 64 bit system

enabling 32 bit software on 64 bit system: Im trying to enable 32 bit software on a 64 bit system. web information shows I can install and enable thie software in ISS, but my system doesn't show ISS. I am able to load the IIS system in the " Turne Windows feature On and OFF app. but thats as far as I can go. I cannot...
  4. Install 32 bit software on 64 bit system

Install 32 bit software on 64 bit system: I have WIndows 10 on a Surface Pro 6 computer. I am unable to install my Microsoft Digital Image software (on discs). I am given the message that it won't insall on a 64 bit system. I had it installe don a former computer, which also had Windows 10 on it. What am I doing...
  5. Laptop is 64 bit but running Microsoft software of 32 bit

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Laptop is 64 bit but running Microsoft software of 32 bit: My laptop is a 64 bit but it seems to be running every software into a 32 bit such as my Microsoft word programs. Even the antivirus is 32 bit. I tried deleting the 32 bit word but it suddenly came back. What do i do? 133550
  6. 32 bit software is not running on 64 bit windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    32 bit software is not running on 64 bit windows 10: i was using windows 7 32 bit and my softwares were running efficiently but after having windows 10 64 bit its not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/32-bit-software-is-not-running-on-64-bit-windows/6e8f8085-d636-412f-a241-a79d80065537
  7. windows 10 pro 64 bit software

windows 10 pro 64 bit software: HI I have my windows 10 pro key . I do not have the software any longer . I'm want to install it on a new pc with a new hard drive, Can you where i can download it . Can I get it for free or have to pay? thank you...
  8. windows 10 64 bit not accept

windows 10 64 bit not accept: I have been using Microsoft Works 7.0 for years on XP home then Windows 8.1 pro and on Windows 10,32 bit, I have changed to Windows 10, 64 bit but it will not accept Microsoft Works 7.0 this does not look like Mr Gate,s promise about not to ever needing to buy another...
  9. Old 32 bit software in Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old 32 bit software in Windows 10 64 bit: I have a new home pc with pre-installed Windows 10 64 bit. My 5 year old daughter has some old children games that she loves to play. But, many of them refuse to install in Windows 10 with an error message saying they are 32 bit apps which cannot run on this pc and I should...
  10. W10 64-bit installing 32-bit software by default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 64-bit installing 32-bit software by default?: Hi there, I have upgraded my W7 64-bit to W10-64bit some time ago and been testing W10 since then. I had some random crashes and BSODs which I could not find the reason why as my W7 was running pristine. Last week I had a crash for Visual Basic C++ Runtime Error and...