Windows 10: Laptop downloaded win 10, installed it, but rebooted to nothing(blank)

Discus and support Laptop downloaded win 10, installed it, but rebooted to nothing(blank) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This has now happened twice. Lenovo E455 laptop with windows 7. TIA ps, after cold reboot get this error message: Window 10 couldn't be installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tjmr97689, Nov 25, 2015.

1. tjmr97689 Win User

Laptop downloaded win 10, installed it, but rebooted to nothing(blank)

This has now happened twice.
    Lenovo E455 laptop with windows 7.
    TIA

ps, after cold reboot get this error message:
    Window 10 couldn't be installed
    Failed 1 update
    Error(s) found
    C1900101-20017 Windows update encountered an unknown error

:)

tjmr97689, Nov 25, 2015
  2. nzings Win User

cannot boot. please help.

I have hp laptop which had win 7 pre installed. Now I have upgraded to win 10. Recently I installed the 3rd cumulative update for win 10. After downloading, I restarted my lappy. I had my phone connected to the usb. After rebooting , I saw a blank screen
    with a cursor. I checked dozens of forums but all in vain. All I know that its some bios error and my bios is unable to find window in hard drive. Please help.

nzings, Nov 25, 2015
  3. Win 10 upgrade

I installed the win 10 upgrade on my win 7 laptop. After about 6 hours during the install I had nothing but blank back lit kind of looking screen.. After much agitation etc, I powered it down and left it for the night. (Time out, so to speak). The next
    morning , I booted up and win 10 worked splendidly. Now, two weeks later, when a game I installed didn't work right I "restarted" and now I' m back to the blank backlit screen doing nothing !! What should I do ???????.?

Mary LouJohnson, Nov 25, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

If this was an upgrade from previous Windows version, maybe you have to do some things before trying again. Disable permanently your antivirus (not until next restart) or even uninstall it. Also uninstall any firewall, antispyware and other protection you may have installed, so it doesn't interrupt the upgrade process. Uninstall or disable any customization (Classic Shell, Windows Blinds etc). Disable any hard disk backup or cloning tools (Acronis etc). Disable any other application you think might cause problems. Press Win+R and type msconfig to launch System Properties. From Services tab, check the box to hide all Microsoft services and then disable most non-important services (updaters etc). Then click on the Startup tab (if you just see to open task manager, click to open that) and disable any non-important startup application (Skype, QTtask, Java updater etc). Try the upgrade again. Once successful you can enable everything back and install any uninstalled application.

spapakons, Nov 25, 2015
  5. sciencegeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop downloaded win 10, installed it, but rebooted to nothing(blank) - Similar Threads - Laptop downloaded installed

2. Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti: I've been having issues with Windows loading up and getting a blank screen when Windows loads. Its been gong on for weeks on my Pc. But it works using the hdmi connection on my motherboard. But not my MSI gaming X 1660ti using the same connection. Everything worked well...
  3. Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti: I've been having issues with Windows loading up and getting a blank screen when Windows loads. Its been gong on for weeks on my Pc. But it works using the hdmi connection on my motherboard. But not my MSI gaming X 1660ti using the same connection. Everything worked well...
  4. Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Lenovo laptop not downloading Win 10 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo laptop not downloading Win 10 2004: I have had the notice that version 2004 with new features is coming soon on my Lenovo laptop Ideapad Yoga 13 for a couple of months but it never downloads. I have checked to make sure all my drivers, bios etc are up to date. Suggestions?...
  6. October 24, 2018—KB4462933 won't install - Win 10, It downloads, then ask for a reboot and...

October 24, 2018—KB4462933 won't install - Win 10, It downloads, then ask for a reboot and...: Any clue? Thanks! List of latest updates and fails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/october-24-2018kb4462933-wont-install-win-10-it/54ca2d78-750d-488f-8dbc-93d26a9a8ca1
  7. win 10 reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win 10 reboot: How can I stop Windows from rebooting everyday at 12 noon*Sad 44313
  8. Screen is blank. Nothing but black.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen is blank. Nothing but black.: Ok, I had a problem with my start button not working so I followed a video which suggested to go into config and click on safe mode and restart the computer. well since then the computer starts but nothing but a black screen. Tried pressing all the f numbers, f8 etc and...
  9. Install win 10 on 30 laptops

Install win 10 on 30 laptops: Hello, i was bought 30 laptops ASUS X553MA-BING-SX534B with oem licence on Win 8.1 and free upgrade on Win 10. Its crazy manually install and upgrade on windows 10 every laptops. So its possible this method? 1.st solutions: On 1.st laptop install windows 8.1 make upgrade...
  10. I download and Install Windows 10, But nothing happens

I download and Install Windows 10, But nothing happens: I've done this many times now. I download the Windows 10 update. Then it says Windows 10 is ready to Install. I Install it. It does its thing, Restarts, and the computer starts up still using Windows 8.1. Then I'm back to square 1. Why is this happening. I've tried...