Windows 10: Laptop Edge "Startup" screen

Discus and support Laptop Edge "Startup" screen in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have windows 10 installed on many PC's and when I do a cold boot I do not get the Microsoft Edge startup screen showing me all the anti-Trump news... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ken429, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Ken429 Win User

Laptop Edge "Startup" screen

I have windows 10 installed on many PC's and when I do a cold boot I do not get the Microsoft Edge startup screen showing me all the anti-Trump news articles! However, when I installed W10 on a Toshiba Laptop I get the News "Splash Screen" from Microsoft Edge almost ever time I turn it on.

The only solution I have found so far is to rename the MicrosoftEdge... folder in the Windows>SystemAPPs folder. That works but it makes Microsoft Edge go away! I want to keep Microsoft Edge available but I don't want it to give me the "News" every time I boot the Laptop.

What am I missing? How come Microsoft Edge acts differently on a(my) Laptop? I'm not the only one with this issue - there must be some setting somewhere in Windows to change this behavior on Laptops. I am using Windows Home with all the latest fixes and upgrades on the Laptop. The PC's are using Windows 10 Pro with all the latest fixes and upgrades. This is not a major problem but...there must be a better way to control this issue. Help would be appreciated.

:)

Ken429, Aug 12, 2018

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Laptop Edge "Startup" screen

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Laptop Edge "Startup" screen

1. Laptop Edge "Startup" screen - Similar Threads - Laptop Edge Startup

2. Frozen Startup Screen Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frozen Startup Screen Laptop: Hello, I have been having an issue with my Acer Nitro 5 laptop. The issue is a few days ago I had gotten a notification for a system update so I didn't think much by it but when it finished updating my computer had shut down I had waited a few minutes then powered it on. The...
  3. Frozen Startup Screen Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frozen Startup Screen Laptop: Hello, I have been having an issue with my Acer Nitro 5 laptop. The issue is a few days ago I had gotten a notification for a system update so I didn't think much by it but when it finished updating my computer had shut down I had waited a few minutes then powered it on. The...
  4. Frozen Startup Screen Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Edge not opening on initial startup

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not opening on initial startup: Since no one seems to be watching Windows 7 anymore, I am asking here. For the last few days this has been happening. When I first startup Win 7 and try to open Edge, I get to notice that Edge is NOT responding and do I want to restart. I tell it "yes". Sometimes it restarts...
  6. White edges around laptop screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    White edges around laptop screen: This is the second time it happens. Upon turning on my Asus laptop, the screen turns black and then these white faded edges appear on my screen. They literally look like frostbite and they keep creeping on the screen until the whole thing slowly turns grey and then another...
  7. Microsoft Edge startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge startup: How do I stop Microsoft Edge opening on windows 10 startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-startup/5aa682d6-a9b1-492b-af66-bfb57ca1bb59
  8. Laptop Goes to Black Screen at Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Goes to Black Screen at Startup: I own an Asus TUF Gaming Fx504 Series laptop that just recently encountered a serious error. It froze on me one day while I was using it, so I performed a force shut down. My computer went into Automatic Repair, claims it diagnosed and fixed the C: Drive, but I still couldn't...
  9. get rid of windows edge nag screen at startup?

in Browsers and Email
    get rid of windows edge nag screen at startup?: hello all. when I boot to windows 10 I get a nag screen trying to get me to use edge. its a waste of time. how can I get rid of this screen and go straight to the login/password screen? fyi I have two log ins, one personal and one microsoft account we were forced to create...
  10. Laptop Edge "Startup" screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Edge "Startup" screen: I have windows 10 installed on many PC's and when I do a cold boot I do not get the Microsoft Edge startup screen showing me all the anti-Trump news articles! However, when I installed W10 on a Toshiba Laptop I get the News "Splash Screen" from Microsoft Edge almost ever time...