Windows 10: Laptop extremely slow

Discus and support Laptop extremely slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Others, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Others Win User

Laptop extremely slow

Hello,

I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here (https://transfernow.net/807cl107pd3m).
    I started recording as soon as I was able to after starting up. After 50 seconds I started Thunderbird. As I write this; I am trying to load the file, but it has taken more than a 5 mins and still says 51%.

Anyone able to give any ideas what's going on?
    Thanks

:)

Others, Jun 11, 2018
  2. JuliaBee Win User

Laptop extremely slow when plugged in

I've noticed, especially when gaming, that everything on my laptop slows down when it's plugged in and charging. Games are nearly impossible to play and it takes ages to load/navigate a webpage when the computer's plugged in. But the second I unplug it--no
    problem at all. I've found a lot of similar complaints across different platforms, but none of the suggested solutions are working for me. My power settings are all set to high performance when plugged in and cooling policy is set to active when plugged in
    (but the laptop isn't overheating, it's at ~37 celsius and the change from normal to slow is so instantaneous when I plug in the charger that it wouldn't even have time to heat up).

Is there anything I can try or am I doomed to my laptop being downright unusable while charging?

JuliaBee, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Computer extremely slow after Unexpected_Store_Exception error

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

The error Unexpected_Store_Exception, is related to the driver corruption.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to run System maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Laptop extremely slow

1. Laptop extremely slow - Similar Threads - Laptop extremely slow

2. Laptop extremely slow when plugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop extremely slow when plugged: Laptop extremely slow when plugged inI've noticed, especially when gaming, that everything on my laptop slows down when it's plugged in and charging. Games are nearly impossible to play and it takes ages to load/navigate a webpage when the computer's plugged in. But the...
  3. Laptop going extremely slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop going extremely slow: So recently i updated my laptop It's Windows 10 Home Edition x64 and it was fast for the first day I updated, I uninstalled some unused programs, and then i try to create a ZIP folder, and explorer.exe crashes, which then i had to open task manager and start it again. But...
  4. New Lenovo laptop extremely slow

New Lenovo laptop extremely slow: Hello! I recently bought a new Lenovo Ideapad 3, and immediately noticed how slow it is, even compared to my 5 year old previous laptop. It seems that even if its idle, the memory and the disk is always has a very high usage in Task Manager memory around 40-60%, disk 100%....
  5. My Asus laptop's wifi is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Asus laptop's wifi is extremely slow: I think this question has been asked a million times before but my laptop's internet connection is significantly slower than my phone for comparison. I have a 30 mbps internet connection. It's not the best but not the worst. For example, my laptop would only get 8 mbps...
  6. Laptop extremely slow after warranty repair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop extremely slow after warranty repair: My laptop got the blue circle of death where nothing even a factory reset would fix it so I sent it back and apparently they changed the HDD which fixed it. It’s a new laptop(less then 6 months old) and it was fast before repair but now it’s so slow with nothing installed(I...
  7. Laptop from Saturn is extremely slow?

Laptop from Saturn is extremely slow?: Hi, I have bought a laptop from Saturn in autumn 2018. It was getting slower and slower every month and now it takes 7.8 minutes until I can type something into Google (turn on + log in + wait for Google to work). What can I do? Could Saturn itself help me (guarantee?) Or...
  8. Extremely Slow

Extremely Slow: My computer is terribly slow. There's a lag for EVERY action performed; turning on the computer and logging in, opening google chrome, opening a new tab, loading a website, shutting off the computer, EVERYTHING. I don't know what to do. I've only used about 1/3 of my...
  9. laptop running extremely slow

laptop running extremely slow: The current format of Microsoft 10 running on the laptop is so large that it takes up 90% of the available data of the computer and severely slows it down. Is there a smaller laptop version I can run or a deferent operation IOS that would be more suitable for a computer with...
  10. Laptop runs extremely slow on Battery

Laptop runs extremely slow on Battery: Hi, I'm using a Asus FX505GE laptop which installed Window 10. Recently, my laptop runs extremely slow on battery. Whenever I plug off the adapter or lets it runs on battery, the Laptop loses mouse pointer and start to run very slow - ALMOST FREEZING I tried to use Clt +...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4284835 slows my pc