Windows 10: Laptop fan not always turning on

Discus and support Laptop fan not always turning on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an issue on my Inspiron 15 where my cooling fan doesnt always start up. For example, ill start up the laptop, and start web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thanatar, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Thanatar Win User

Laptop fan not always turning on

Hello,
    I am having an issue on my Inspiron 15 where my cooling fan doesnt always start up. For example, ill start up the laptop, and start web browsing or playing a game, and the fan will never turn on. I have had it overheat and shut off a few times. But if i restart the laptop manually (start>power>restart), it will spin up automatically as it should. But then after a few more restarts, i will have a session where the fan will never turn on. Right now my only solution, besides a restart, is to use the program Speedfan, and ramp the fans to 100%. Does anyone know why its doing this? My other Inspiron 15, running a Broadwell i7 and Windows 10, has no issues at all.

Thanks for your time,

:)

Thanatar, Aug 19, 2015
  2. jacquic.. Win User

laptop hot fan always on

as above

jacquic.., Aug 19, 2015
  3. laptop hot fan always on

Leave your computer OFF for a few hours or even a full day or this could result in overheating.

I advise you DON'T, AT ALL, use your computer for the next 24 hours, because while the computers off, everything inside the computer is off.

This has happened to me, but it is odd you haven't had a thermal shutdown yet. Let your computer rest and keep it off for 24 hours and then see how it is.

techtonical06, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Laptop fan not always turning on

It is either hardware or driver failure, but it can not be really helped.
    Since Speedfan works for you, set it up to run at startup to start the fan.
    You could also check, if you have cooling policy set to Active, but most likely yes.

TairikuOkami, Aug 28, 2015
  5. Fast Ram Win User
    Have you opened up the back of the note book checking for dust and lint?

Fast Ram, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Laptop fan not always turning on

1. Laptop fan not always turning on - Similar Threads - Laptop fan always

2. Why won't my laptop fans turn on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my laptop fans turn on.: Hello, this morning around 9am I used my laptop and noticed my fans wouldn't turn on. I couldn't do much because of how hot the laptop would get. Is there any fix to this?...
  3. Why won't my laptop fans turn on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my laptop fans turn on.: Hello, this morning around 9am I used my laptop and noticed my fans wouldn't turn on. I couldn't do much because of how hot the laptop would get. Is there any fix to this?...
  4. Why won't my laptop fans turn on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Widows 11 Fan Noise/Always on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows 11 Fan Noise/Always on: Hi so i got a brand new laptop, Asus RoG Zephyrus, i upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. Really bad decision!!!!!! The fans constantly running even if the laptop is idle, never had this isue with windows 10. Will there be a fix update on this windows 11 fan control?...
  6. Laptop fan randomly turning on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop fan randomly turning on: I have this dell inspiron that i use for school. Usually after school i just put my laptop on sleep mode and stuff into my bag but for some reason the fan kept turning on when it's not supposed to and the stuff in my bag became a bit... "toasty".So because of that my computer...
  7. Laptop fan randomly turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fan randomly turning on: I have this dell inspiron that i use for school. Usually after school i just put my laptop on sleep mode and stuff into my bag but for some reason the fan kept turning on when it's not supposed to and the stuff in my bag became a bit... "toasty".So because of that my computer...
  8. Laptop fan randomly turning on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Laptop Fan Always On

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Fan Always On: I have an Acer Nitro 5 770HQ, GTX 1050 Ti laptop and recently my fan is always on. I don't know what to do! Even if I am not running Any background programs like I used to before GeForce etc and I just look at the desktop my laptop's fan is running like a blender all the...
  10. Laptop Fan always running on with huge sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Fan always running on with huge sound: after updating 1809, my laptop's fan is always on and always a huge sound, this is only after updating. In before it's ok. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-always-running-on-with-huge-sound/6e8a949d-8afd-4838-a9ec-453df625e5fc