Windows 10: Laptop Fan Running - Solved

Discus and support Laptop Fan Running - Solved in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E420. Windows 10 has ran my fan almost constantly during the last year. This has stopped with the recent Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zaqxsw, Dec 21, 2017.

1. zaqxsw Win User

Laptop Fan Running - Solved

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E420. Windows 10 has ran my fan almost constantly during the last year. This has stopped with the recent Windows 10 Creators Update!!!

I'll put up with spending an hour restoring my custom settings on almost everything that a "Creators" update changes to get this solved! A self-created .docx file that lists everything you need to do to your system back to where you want it helps!

Actually, Microsoft got smarter with this annual update. I had created a .docx file last year. This year's update did not change nearly the amount of settings, defaults, and Registry tweaks as last years. Cheers!

:)

zaqxsw, Dec 21, 2017

2. fan speed

The fan of the laptop is always on, the graphical card updated!...the fan runs like a crazy!

My laptop model is : ASUS zeenbook3 ux430uq.

Ahmad Egbaria, Dec 21, 2017
  3. Increasingly frequent BSOD's

Note also the laptop seems to be running hot - I've been running crystaldiskinfo which gives the temperature at between 33 and 44 deg C but when I touch the base or near the internal fan it feels warn despite that I can hear the internal fan working, plus
    I've got the laptop sitting on top of a USB fan with a portable fan blowing onto the laptop and the aircon for the room set at 24 degrees

MW0987654321, Dec 21, 2017
Thema:

Laptop Fan Running - Solved

1. Laptop Fan Running - Solved - Similar Threads - Laptop Fan Running

2. Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud: I got my laptop August of 2020 and over the past few months whenever I'm using it the fan will constantly be running super loud and sounds like a vacuum cleaner even if I check task manager and see the computer is using low resouces. Sometimes after a while of it being on the...
  3. Laptop Fan Running Constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Fan Running Constantly: In recent days, my laptop fan is continuously running at full speed. Please help. Here is my task manager screenshot.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-running-constantly/08918749-c57d-4e84-91da-6ece658fe4dc
  4. Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?: Hello does laptop fan run constantly? I have a lenovo legion laptap Its fanes do not work constantly It s normal? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan/75d39abf-96db-4a01-9ed9-cdace9c425aa
  5. laptop fans running all the time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop fans running all the time: Hi it has been just two weeks that I have bought my laptops but the cooling fans start running from the very first of starting my laptop every day. Please help me with this issue....
  6. laptop fans running all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop fans running all the time: Hi has been just two weeks that I have bought my laptops but the cooling fans start running from the very first of starting my laptop every day. Please help me with this issue....
  7. fan on laptop keeps running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fan on laptop keeps running: I saw an article about crypto mining using my fan in my laptop to steal electricity from me and charge me higher electric bills, how do I find out if this is happening to me, and how do I stop it. thank you, for your help with this matter,elliott...
  8. [SOLVED] Unable to shutdown fully? The fan keeps running

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Unable to shutdown fully? The fan keeps running: Hello everyone im having an issue right now that my computer won't shutdown the leds and fan still keep running after the screen has turned black. I need to hold the power button in order to shutdown my computer. I recently installed an SDD and since then im having the...
  9. [SOLVED] Unable to shutdown fully? The fan keeps running

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Unable to shutdown fully? The fan keeps running: Hello everyone im having an issue right now that my computer won't shutdown the leds and fan still keep running after the screen has turned black. I need to hold the power button in order to shutdown my computer. I recently installed an SDD and since then im having the...
  10. Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop: Hi I have a Toshiba A300 Satelitte laptop. When I start this the fan runs for about 5 seconds and then stops. Subsequently it won't start again and the laptop gets very hot but doesn't shut down. So hot in fact it is not able to be handled. I am worried about a fire. Core...