Windows 10: Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

Discus and support Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi y'all,So, my Dell Laptop seems to "forget" it is connected FOR SOUND to my TV, via HDMI. Oh, the visual side of HDMI is perfect, and the wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GARYHARBER2, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

Hi y'all,So, my Dell Laptop seems to "forget" it is connected FOR SOUND to my TV, via HDMI. Oh, the visual side of HDMI is perfect, and the wireless keyboard and mouse operate the laptop via the TV perfectly...from the comfort of the sofa, but when I play any audio, it STILL comes from the Laptop, and when I go to the laptops Sound Control Panel..... Settings>System>sound> sound control panel although always connected, upon START-UP the TV is not seen as an sound option....until I unplug/reinsert the HDMI cable to the Laptop, when it the TV is now seen as an option

:)

GARYHARBER2, Feb 21, 2024

2. Sound settings will forget HDMI exists and default to laptop speakers

Using Windows 11 on an ACER laptop. Drivers are all up to date, everything is patched. I have audio going through to my HDMI connection to my monitor, under system > sound > Choose where to play sound, I set it to play through HDMI. Now with some regularity it will 'forget' that there is an HDMI connection at all (under "Choose where to play sound" HDMI is no longer an option, despite the menu being displayed on my HDMI connected monitor) and so it will come out of the laptop speakers instead. What usually fix it is unplugging the HDMI Cable and replugging it back in. Annoying that Windows 11 has a new version of "Have you turned it on and off again?" for the modern era, "Have you unplugged and replugged it back in?"

Jaye Sunsurn, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Feb 21, 2024
  4. DrPepper Win User

Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

1. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI - Similar Threads - Laptop forgets connected

2. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI: Hi y'all,So, my Dell Laptop seems to "forget" it is connected FOR SOUND to my TV, via HDMI. Oh, the visual side of HDMI is perfect, and the wireless keyboard and mouse operate the laptop via the TV perfectly...from the comfort of the sofa, but when I play any audio, it STILL...
  3. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI: Hi y'all,So, my Dell Laptop seems to "forget" it is connected FOR SOUND to my TV, via HDMI. Oh, the visual side of HDMI is perfect, and the wireless keyboard and mouse operate the laptop via the TV perfectly...from the comfort of the sofa, but when I play any audio, it STILL...
  4. Sound is coming from laptop when connected to tv via HDMI, windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound is coming from laptop when connected to tv via HDMI, windows 11: Hi. I have a problem with my HDMI connection. When I connect my laptop to my tv, it displays nicely but the sound is coming from the laptop. When I go to playback settings I DNT see my HDMI. I only see Speakers n Headphones. Please help...
  5. Sound is coming from laptop when connected to tv via HDMI, windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound is coming from laptop when connected to tv via HDMI, windows 11: Hi. I have a problem with my HDMI connection. When I connect my laptop to my tv, it displays nicely but the sound is coming from the laptop. When I go to playback settings I DNT see my HDMI. I only see Speakers n Headphones. Please help...
  6. Sound settings will forget HDMI exists and default to laptop speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound settings will forget HDMI exists and default to laptop speakers: Using Windows 11 on an ACER laptop. Drivers are all up to date, everything is patched. I have audio going through to my HDMI connection to my monitor, under system > sound > Choose where to play sound, I set it to play through HDMI. Now with some regularity it will 'forget'...
  7. Sound settings will forget HDMI exists and default to laptop speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound settings will forget HDMI exists and default to laptop speakers: Using Windows 11 on an ACER laptop. Drivers are all up to date, everything is patched. I have audio going through to my HDMI connection to my monitor, under system > sound > Choose where to play sound, I set it to play through HDMI. Now with some regularity it will 'forget'...
  8. connecting to display via HDMI

connecting to display via HDMI: I am using my ASUS laptop for the past 1 and 1/2 years I used to connect to my display to watch anything on a bigger screen suddenly after a windows update, I am not able to connect to my display it had been nearly 8 months I am not able to connect to my display if I try with...
  9. laptop not connecting to tv via hdmi after update

laptop not connecting to tv via hdmi after update: it connects sometimes but when i start a movie it disconects https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-connecting-to-tv-via-hdmi-after-update/e2ed1534-e6e1-416f-ae75-3de35ab92050
  10. Can't connect laptop to monitor via HDMI

Can't connect laptop to monitor via HDMI: I've been trying to connect a TV/monitor to my laptop and I've not been successful with Windows 10. I can confirm that this is not a problem with my laptop, the HDMI cable, nor the monitor as it is working without issue on the other side - Xubuntu 18.04. Looking around the...