Windows 10: Laptop freezes after login, then bluescreens when unplugged

Discus and support Laptop freezes after login, then bluescreens when unplugged in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, at this point ive kind of given up hope, so maybe making this thread is gonna give me something of an answer. A few months ago my laptop, an acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vollga, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Vollga Win User

Laptop freezes after login, then bluescreens when unplugged

So, at this point ive kind of given up hope, so maybe making this thread is gonna give me something of an answer.

A few months ago my laptop, an acer Aspire VX5-591G-78HD, started having the problem that it would randomly freeze a few seconds after login upon starting or waking up. Ive managed to isolate that this only occurs when my laptop is plugged in, and then it happens either constantly in one day or not at all. Important to note is also that this freeze only happens after i log in, so the desktop shows, i can move my mouse around for a good ten seconds, and then suddenly everything freezes for forever. ive left my laptop standing there while frozen for hours, it never unfreezes and it doesnt take any kind of input. the only thing i can do is unplug my laptop, which results in it immediately bluescreening with the message VIDEO MEMORY MANAGEMENT INTERNAL.

other than that, my laptop works pretty smoothly, nothing else is out of order. if i start or wake it up in battery mode everythings fine aswell.

So far ive done about everything i can imagine to troubleshoot, ive reinstalled/updated about every driver, software, ive run countless diagnostics and system checks without results, ive rolled back windows, and ive even done a reinstall of windows (without affecting files) so now im running win10 1803 (ive had this problem before the april update, then was unable to successfully install said update, until i recently did the system reinstall and that finally installed the april update)

so at this point, if anyone has some tips and insights that would be super helpful, and if anyone can tell if this even is a software issue at this point or maybe im actually struggling with a hardware issue, thatd be amazing, even though that means id have to send in my laptop.

:)

Vollga, Aug 15, 2018

2. Login Freezing

My windows 10 laptop froze yesterday whilst using chrome and all I could do was a forced power off. Now every time I login to the computer it freezes up as soon as I reach the desktop screen. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Trottalot26, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Aug 15, 2018
  4. lyrala Win User

Bluescreens / Freezes

It is and it's not creating a dump file because it doesn't even login to my account when i driver verify hswultpep.sys
    It's the same as with the freezing the pc just freezes there is no time to create a dumpfile or anything unlike when the bluescreens happen....​If i leave that driver out everything works as usual.

lyrala, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop freezes after login, then bluescreens when unplugged - Similar Threads - Laptop freezes login

2. DPC_watchdog_violation when starting laptop after unplugging it.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DPC_watchdog_violation when starting laptop after unplugging it.: Hi,Everytime I close the lid on my laptop, take it of the power and later open it without external power attached I get a doc watchdog violation. I have my laptop setup to always hibernate when closing the lid. When I do the same thing **** it in before opening the lid again,...
  3. DPC_watchdog_violation when starting laptop after unplugging it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_watchdog_violation when starting laptop after unplugging it.: Hi,Everytime I close the lid on my laptop, take it of the power and later open it without external power attached I get a doc watchdog violation. I have my laptop setup to always hibernate when closing the lid. When I do the same thing **** it in before opening the lid again,...
  4. DPC_watchdog_violation when starting laptop after unplugging it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Freezing after unplugging keyboard

PC Freezing after unplugging keyboard: Sometimes my keyboards stops recieving input and when i unplug the keyboard my PC freezes and i only have the option of rebooting the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezing-after-unplugging-keyboard/2ba9fa20-f391-467a-bd7c-4162d65fbcab
  6. Laptop freezing when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezing when unplugged: Hello!I recenly purchased a laptop from a friend, it had two hours of working time on it so it is basically brand new, i have warranty and such but i wish to solve this without warranty because i really need my laptop at the moment.It is a HP Omen 15, ryzen 9, 16 gb ram and...
  7. Laptop freezing when unplugged

Laptop freezing when unplugged: Hello!I recenly purchased a laptop from a friend, it had two hours of working time on it so it is basically brand new, i have warranty and such but i wish to solve this without warranty because i really need my laptop at the moment.It is a HP Omen 15, ryzen 9, 16 gb ram and...
  8. Laptop freezing when unplugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Bluescreen when unplugging sound interface

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen when unplugging sound interface: I have a habit of unplugging my sound interface Focus rite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen USB Audio Interface as a way to save a tiny amount of power; the interface emits a small green dot. This time, I did the deed with a guitar amp simulator open Cakewalk by Band Lab. At first, I...
  10. Computer bluescreens when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer bluescreens when unplugged: Hey, im having an issue. my computer windows 10, i think its a model 15 bluescrens with the error code SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED when its unplugged. i've looked this up a lot and i cant find an answer. it doesnt turn on and just grts stuck in and endless...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop bluescreens when not plugged in

2. laptop freezes after startup until the power adapter is unplugged