Windows 10: laptop freezes when i right click on documents

Discus and support laptop freezes when i right click on documents in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; not sure weather i am in the right place. this is all very confusing *Confused i have an acer laptop running on windows 10. every time i right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by natashajade1, Apr 3, 2018.

1. laptop freezes when i right click on documents

not sure weather i am in the right place.
    this is all very confusing *Confused

i have an acer laptop running on windows 10.

every time i right click when i am in the documents folder, weather on pictures or music... anything, my laptop freezes and then goes black and then straight back to the start screen. also when ever i try to select 'my pc'.

its very annoying and i really need a solution!

thanks in advance

:)

natashajade1, Apr 3, 2018
  2. C#S
    C#S Win User

my pc freezes when i right click on any file

Sounds like you have an app that isn't working properly with files. Did you install any new anti-virus/malware checkers? Compression programs? If so, are they up-to-date?

3. my pc freezes when i right click on any file

Hello,

I realize your concern. Let me help you with this issue.

To assist you better, please answer few questions.

1. Have you installed any third party security software on your system?
    2. Is this issue specific only when you click on the files?

I suggest you to follow the below methods, and check if it helps.

Method 1: System maintenance troubleshooter

1. Press Windows + R , type
    Control,
    and hit Enter.

2. Type Troubleshooting on the search bar and select ‘Troubleshooting’.

3. Click on View all option in the left pane, and select System Maintenance and run the troubleshooter.

Once the troubleshooter is run, restart the computer and check the performance status.

Method 2: Update the pending Windows update.

1. Type Windows update in the search bar.

2. Under Windows update, click on Check for updates.

3. Update Windows.

Method 3: Run the Windows Defender scan.

1. Type Windows defender in the search bar.

2. Click on Scan now.

Do let us know the update.

Regards,

Pratiksha Devadiga, Apr 3, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

laptop freezes when i right click on documents

Our usual advice, once again, to diagnose rt click problems is to use free Shellexview and /or ShellMenuview - which you can easily find.

Disable context menu entries added by programs you've installed and see if rt click works. Thus identify the rogue entry. No need to log off or restart. Do not disable MS entries.

dalchina, Apr 3, 2018
  5. Jaxon Win User
    Hi,
    Download and run this:
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

Follow the path :
    Menu >> Options >> Filter by extension type >> Context Menu
    The list that you get with pink background are third party applications. Select them and click on the red button to disable and restart.

Jaxon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

laptop freezes when i right click on documents

1. laptop freezes when i right click on documents - Similar Threads - laptop freezes right

2. My computer freeze when I right-click on picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer freeze when I right-click on picture: Hello, when I right-click on a picture on my desktop nothing happens and then my computer freezes for a while and then my screen goes black and refreshes itself.I discovered that the same thing happen when I try to right-click on a picture in my NAS server.When I was writing...
  3. My computer freeze when I right-click on picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freeze when I right-click on picture: Hello, when I right-click on a picture on my desktop nothing happens and then my computer freezes for a while and then my screen goes black and refreshes itself.I discovered that the same thing happen when I try to right-click on a picture in my NAS server.When I was writing...
  4. My computer freeze when I right-click on picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Desktop freeze when i right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop freeze when i right click: Everytime i right click on my desktop it freezes and i dont know why. I have the newest drivers for my gpu, windows is updated and the moving background is not the problem because when i shut it off it still does it. https://reddit.com/link/12rqnhh/video/frzaswpqxtua1/player...
  6. file explorer freezes when i right click on a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer freezes when i right click on a file: file explorer freezes when i right click on a file, i ran sfc /scannow but it reports that nothing is wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-freezes-when-i-right-click-on-a-file/46248c43-55b8-41a7-a1b1-ea300801f245
  7. File Explorer keeps freezing when I right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer keeps freezing when I right click: I keep trying to right click on File Explorer but it will just freeze, and to close it I have to open Task Manager. I tried googling it but all I could find were Malware Guides that want you to download their special virus cleaner, or didn't relate to my problem. Please help....
  8. When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.: Hi, i'm having a problem with my MSI Laptop, where I right click the desktop, then it will turn my cursor into the blue circle and try to boot up the screen the gives you all those settings. Then it will take around 2 minutes for that to actually show, but when I click it...
  9. My laptop freezes when I right click and mouse over "new"?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop freezes when I right click and mouse over "new"?: My laptop lately has been freezing whenever my mouse hovers over "new" in the menu that pops up after you right click on the desktop. It didn't use to do this, and I'm not sure what has changed or how to fix it. I encounter this problem a lot when I try to make a new folder...
  10. Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut: Hi everyone! My desktop freezes when I right-click on a document or shortcut. This also happens when I right-click on something in file explorer. Does anyone has a solution for this? Thank you in advance!...