Windows 10: Laptop freezing frequently for about 1 minute

Discus and support Laptop freezing frequently for about 1 minute in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Looking for ideas regarding the cause and fix for my Lenovo X230 laptop freezing frequently for about 1 minute. Running Windows 10 and Office 2013 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by William Faragher, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Laptop freezing frequently for about 1 minute

Looking for ideas regarding the cause and fix for my Lenovo X230 laptop freezing frequently for about 1 minute. Running Windows 10 and Office 2013 on the laptop.

:)

William Faragher, Jul 29, 2018
  2. dawei Win User

Windows 7 freezes for 1 minute

My custom built rig has lately, in the past 2 months or so, been having these spits of freezing. It will freeze for exactly 1 minute: always 1 minute, every time. I can time it down to the second.

The weird thing is that when it freezes, some programs seem to be immune to it. When playing a full screen game, video and audio will freeze (though not always at the same time, sometimes one or the other will lag). Playing a 3D game in windowed mode seems to be immune to it however. Windows explorer and Firefox always seems to freeze, but Windows Messenger (including video call) will work as normal even while everything else is frozen. After a minute has passed, everything is back to normal. It happens at irregular intervals: sometimes it will happen then happen again 30 seconds later, and sometimes I can go hours without the problem.

It's a bit bizarre and I'm not sure what is causing it. The fact that it is always exactly 1 minute makes me think it's some dumb program checking for an update or something, but I can't pin it down.

Any ideas appreciated.

dawei, Jul 29, 2018
  3. robal Win User
    Windows 7 freezes for 1 minute

I had exactly the same issue.

It's most likely SSD freeze.
    Is your HDD led lit during the freeze ?

Check Corsair's website for SSD firmware update. It will most likely fix the issue (or make it way less frequent).

Cheers,

robal, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Laptop freezing frequently for about 1 minute

Laptop freezes when moved slightly

Dear Sachin,

the answer to your questions are given below:

1. HP Pavillion p045tx notebook

2.No i didn't make any changes

3. How to check the 3rd step?Please let know what to do.

Sudipta Sen, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Laptop freezing frequently for about 1 minute

1. Laptop freezing frequently for about 1 minute - Similar Threads - Laptop freezing frequently

2. Elan touchpad freezes time to time on random intervals about 1 -5 minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan touchpad freezes time to time on random intervals about 1 -5 minutes.: My lenovo g50-70 laptop has Elan touchpad. It freezes time to time on random intervals of 1-5 minutes. If I press enter key then it starts working again and stops again. When I am playing some online vedio then vedio also stops playing simultaneously with cursor freeze. I...
  3. Elan touchpad freezes time to time on random intervals about 1 -5 minutes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Elan touchpad freezes time to time on random intervals about 1 -5 minutes.: My lenovo g50-70 laptop has Elan touchpad. It freezes time to time on random intervals of 1-5 minutes. If I press enter key then it starts working again and stops again. When I am playing some online vedio then vedio also stops playing simultaneously with cursor freeze. I...
  4. Laptop freezes frequently!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop freezes frequently!: Hello redditors I've been facing a freezing issue on my Dell Inspiron 5567 (purchased in June 2017) - Windows 10. It started about a month ago in August 2020 when I noticed that after extended idle periods the display would be totally unresponsive, although music would...
  5. Laptop freezes frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes frequently: It happened nearly a month ago after updating from 1909 to 2004 update that i noticed that my laptop ASUS FX505DT freezes frequently. Nothing seems to work in that state, ctrl+alt+del doesnt work neither any combinations. I waited for an hour but it was still in that state....
  6. Frequent freezes on laptop

Frequent freezes on laptop: Good evening. I hope someone can help. I have an M15X laptop and it has frequent freezing episodes a few minutes after boot. No blue screen, just total unresponsive freeze requiring hard shut down. It is not overclocked or modded. I have saved complete error logs but i...
  7. Frequent laptop freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Frequent laptop freeze: Hi! My windows suddenly started lagging, freezing, and apps crashed randomly. It even takes longer to boot and open an app, even file explorer takes a whole ten minutes to load. When I checked the task manager, the system and/or antimalware service executable is using my...
  8. Laptop frequent freeze

Laptop frequent freeze: Hi! My windows suddenly started lagging, freezing, and apps crashed randomly. It even takes longer to boot and open an app, even file explorer takes a whole ten minutes to load. When I checked the task manager, the system and/or antimalware service executable is using my...
  9. laptop freezes about 1 minute after booting

laptop freezes about 1 minute after booting: Hi, i have a samsung series 9 laptop and it has windows 10. I started getting this problem today. When i boot my laptop, i can log in and open browser and do all the usual things i can until about 1 minute after booting. It just freezes and i can't click or type anything....
  10. Freeze about 1 minute after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze about 1 minute after boot: Hello, My laptop runs fine in safe mode - W10/0/15063 When I boot in normal mode about 1 minute after booted the PC freezes - I have tried to restore/reset etc - I do not have - this is not possible. I have run sfc/scannow - no errors Help - where should I start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freezes laptop 1 minute

2. windows 10 freezes for about a minute