Windows 10: Laptop gets blue screen: Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal (ETD.sys)

Discus and support Laptop gets blue screen: Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal (ETD.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop has had this blue screen pop up a few times but hasn't happened in around 6 months until today when it popped up again. Wondering if i could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GavinMann123, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Laptop gets blue screen: Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal (ETD.sys)

My laptop has had this blue screen pop up a few times but hasn't happened in around 6 months until today when it popped up again. Wondering if i could get help as it is a nuisance getting the screen.

A few times the blue screen has popped up whilst playing League of Legends or whilst on Google Chrome but today was while on Pokemon-Revolution.

:)

GavinMann123, Jul 27, 2016

2. Blue screen DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL when plug in iPAQ

I'm getting this error regularly, about once a day. The PC crashes so it's serious for me. It's intermittent but I notice it happening when I have just plugged in the iPAQ or I have updated some data which causes activesync to start a sync.

I'm running XP SP2 and activesync 4.5.0 (build 5096). I removed and reinstalled activesync a few weeks ago. My iPAQ is HP iPAQ 114.

Kevin iPAQ114, Jul 27, 2016
  3. Blue screen DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL when plug in iPAQ

Try running SFC /Scannow in Start > Run.

Then connect your device again. Do you still get that error?

Linley Meslier, Jul 27, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Laptop gets blue screen: Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal (ETD.sys)

Hello GavinMann123 *Smile

I noticed that one of your intel graphics drivers was showing up with an error:
    Code: fffff803`3d8f4148 fffff801`d5a81bccUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys igdkmd64+0x81bcc[/quote] It would be worth updating the Intel Graphics drivers, try using the Intel page: Drivers & Software or your MB manufacturer website.

The other driver that gets mentioned is for the ELAN touchpad:
    Code: BugCheck D1, {ffffe005e5740346, 2, 0, fffff801ccba3fd8} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ETD.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ETD.sys Probably caused by : ETD.sys ( ETD+23fd8 )[/quote] If you can find an updated driver for this it might also help.

philc43, Jul 27, 2016
  5. According to Intel update software i have the most recent driver updates and i have not been able to find an update for ELAN. If ELAN is the main problem is there a way to disable it so that it does not cause the problem again?

GavinMann123, Jul 27, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    If this is a recent problem it may be that W10 has updated your ELAN driver and caused the problem. It could be worth rolling back your driver to an earlier version (which you can do on the driver tab of its properties page in Device Manager) to see if this helps.

philc43, Jul 28, 2016
  7. I've rolled back the ELAN driver and will see how it goes. From what i can remember the issue did begin when i updated to win10 so hopefully this has fixed it. Thanks for your help *Smile

GavinMann123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Laptop gets blue screen: Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal (ETD.sys)

1. Laptop gets blue screen: Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal (ETD.sys) - Similar Threads - Laptop gets blue

2. Driver IRQL not less or equal dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver IRQL not less or equal dxgmms2.sys: I am getting one BSOD after another while working on my Windows 10 Pro PC. I also got these in the BSOD messages:Kernel Security Check FailureSystem Thread Exception Not HandledDriver IRQL not less or equalAnyone have any idea why?...
  3. Driver IRQL not less or equal dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver IRQL not less or equal dxgmms2.sys: I am getting one BSOD after another while working on my Windows 10 Pro PC. I also got these in the BSOD messages:Kernel Security Check FailureSystem Thread Exception Not HandledDriver IRQL not less or equalAnyone have any idea why?...
  4. Driver IRQL not less or equal dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BLUE SCREEN DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

BLUE SCREEN DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: blue screen error tcpip.sys driver IRQL not less or equal and I have updated all of the drivers still like this, someone please helpthis is the error in the event viewer: The QHProtected service failed to start due to the following error: Windows cannot verify the digital...
  6. Blue Screen DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL tcpip.sys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL tcpip.sys: Recently got this BSOD and it worries me quite a bit. Here's a link to the dump files, thanks in advance!https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjFyhb4Tfv15yAlCBnOVN6Twy8Cy?e=FFomnt...
  7. Blue screen: Driver IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS

Blue screen: Driver IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS: I'm experiencing a lot of unexpected errorsblue screens lately, a lot related to this code, DRIVER IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS. It is very frustrating. A lot of the times, using the Reliability History I could identify that there is always, ALWAYS a Windows Defender Update and...
  8. Blue Screen: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Blue Screen: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: I was watching youtube when suddently a blue screen with this error appeared: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL So i searched the problem and i found the signature of the blue screen along with the files that help describing the problem. Can you please tell me what to...
  9. BLUE SCREEN error driver irql not less or equal

BLUE SCREEN error driver irql not less or equal: I had 2 error in 2 days of blue screen "error driver irql not less or equal" hope someone can help me trace why it crashes. Minidump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-tUcc6WE034TH9FslyaFCHRA9pa_Jfno/view?usp=sharing...
  10. Driver Irql Not Equal Or Less - Qcamain10x64.sys

Driver Irql Not Equal Or Less - Qcamain10x64.sys: For several months I've been intermittently receiving the blue screen of death with the stop code: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and what failed as "Qcamain10x64.sys" I haven't installed any new drivers lately and much of what I've read online has been around uninstalling...