Windows 10: Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in

Discus and support Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK, with Windows 10 currently installed. I've recently been annoyed by the following occurrence: while my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dougabugg, Nov 25, 2017.

1. dougabugg Win User

Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in

Hello,

I have a Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK, with Windows 10 currently installed. I've recently been annoyed by the following occurrence: while my laptop is plugged in and I stop using it (moving mouse, typing keys, etc), my laptop puts itself to sleep after 2 minutes and 15 seconds (I just timed it three times with my smartphone's stopwatch). When its on battery, it can go much longer without putting itself to sleep (at least longer than 2:15, probably the full 15 minutes I have configured in my settings).

I have double checked my power settings:
    Only one power plan exists, "Balanced (Recommended)"
    While on battery, the display turns off after 10 minutes, and is put to sleep after 15 minutes.
    While plugged in, the display turns off after 30 minutes, and is put to sleep after 1 hour.

There doesn't appear to be any Lenovo bloatware running in my system tray other than the "Synaptics Pointing Device" (my touch pad), "Bluetooth Devices", "Intel Graphics Settings", "Dolby Audio", and "Dropbox".

I would reinstall windows 10 using the reset my device feature, but I don't have the time to do that right now, and I was curious if anyone knows of any hidden power settings which could be causing this.

Thanks in advance,

:)

dougabugg, Nov 25, 2017
  2. CRossiter Win User

Laptop Sleep Settings

My laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while it's plugged in, even though I've changed my settings to have it go to sleep after 1 hour. Why don't my settings take hold?

CRossiter, Nov 25, 2017
  3. Windows 10 problems already?

I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and now have the same problem on my HP Envy Laptop: although I selected the power options for screen and for sleep "When plugged in turn on after NEVER" the display goes automatically to sleep just after 2-3 minutes.

EdouardLimoner, Nov 25, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Are you sure it is not a screensaver kicking in rather than going to sleep?

cereberus, Nov 25, 2017
  5. dougabugg Win User
    I can confirm my laptop powers down into sleep mode, not just the screen blanking out.
    Also, I checked the screen saver settings, and its currently set to "None"

dougabugg, Nov 25, 2017
  6. dougabugg Win User
    It turned out to be my Logitech wireless mouse USB dongle. I had it plugged in, but have not been using the mouse, only the track pad on the laptop, so the mouse was turned off. After I unplugged the USB dongle, the behavior stopped.

Logitech can go to heck for all I care. I have a Logitech wireless keyboard+trackpad combo, and when I turn the device on while the USB dongle is plugged in, it puts my computer to sleep. I have to unplug the dongle every time I power on the device or else I have to wake my computer back up. Really annoying. Thanks Logitech, I hope your company goes bankrupt.

dougabugg, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in - Similar Threads - Laptop goes sleep

2. display sleeps after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display sleeps after 2 minutes: All hibernation and sleep settings set to NEVER Hard disc set to 360 minutes and still my display closes after 2 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-sleeps-after-2-minutes/d3eb9eec-7064-4cf2-a7dd-6739cb877ffd
  3. Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes

Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes: So recently my computer has started to go to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity. I've looked everywhere and have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Here's a list of what I've tried. Running troubleshooting on power settings. Running regedit and going to...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes

Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes: I have a Windows 10 laptop, and after about 2 minutes of inactivity, it goes to sleep. Very frustrating and annoying. I can't figure out why, or how to stop it. I tried changing the settings in the screensaver, which is no screensaver, and set to 20 minutes. In power...
  5. My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in

My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in: My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in. In settings the screen is set to go off in 30 minutes and it is set to sleep after 5 hours when plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep/82a21423-c6ab-450a-9211-a398882fe237"
  6. Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger: Hello. I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep...
  7. Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....

Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....: Not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or a laptop issue. I have the sleep mode after no use set to 15 minutes, but lately it goes to sleep after one minute or not moving the mouse or anything. Not sure what the problem and would love to see if anyone here has a solution....
  8. Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???

in Windows 10 Support
    Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???: Although set to sleep after an hour while on power, it goes to sleep after 2 minutes. Before the Win 10 upgrade, whatever I set power conservation at was what the laptop followed. Never had any problems until now... Any thoughts? Thanks, Bruce 43893
  9. Computer goes to sleep 2 minutes after last command

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes to sleep 2 minutes after last command: I've gone into the power & sleep settings, even the advanced power settings and set all to one hour, yet the computer still goes to sleep after 2 minutes if left alone. Help. Thanks, Mike 78669
  10. Sleep mode every 2 minutes when plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode every 2 minutes when plugged in: The laptop is going to sleep every 2-3 minutes while plugged in. The power settings for sleep are 1 hour on battery and 1 hour when plugged in. The screen saver is set to None. This is a relatively new behavior, did not have this problem when first upgraded to Win 10 from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when plugging in pc goes to sleep

2. windows 10 sleeps when I plugged it in

3. laptop goes sleep mode while plugged in to power

4. lenovo laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes,
  5. my laptop sleeps after 2 minutes,
  6. laptop sleeps when hdmi display plugged in,
  7. laptop sleeps when plugged in,
  8. dell 9365 going to sleep while plugged in even though ,
  9. laptop sleep after three minutes when hdmi plugged,
  10. sleeps after 2 minutes hdmi,
  11. display goes to sleep after 2-3 minutes when plugged in windows 10